10,000 mi. Club

• Thread starter Wolfe
  • 34 comments
The Exige is actually very good for these rally events, as long as you can keep it steady over the bumps then it won't trouble you, the traction is unreal considering it's only RWD so I definitely recommend trying it sometime. I'll do the other stages tomorrow and see what kind of times it can get.

I also decided to use the Hummer for the Beaumont Rally which is B class and am 1st in the FPM club on Stage 3 and 2nd on Stage 1 (will never catch SC Import though). I might try find more odd vehicles and see what kind of results they can manage on each rally.

I've passed 20,000 miles now. I'll probably delete the odometer from my signature as soon as I come up with something new to put there.

It's too bad that this forum died, but I have to admit I haven't played Horizon much lately. The physics just aren't quite good enough -- I've spent more time on Enthusia, which is always a rewarding experience, even when you've driven a car a thousand times before. On the other hand, Enthusia is restricted to circuits, which is why I was playing Horizon this week.

All I want is an open-world driving game that will let me take a perfectly balanced RWD and steer it with the throttle as I dance across twisty rural roads at random...

@Wolfe: Just curious, what do you think the physics are missing?

And for what it's worth, I think I'm at 6,000 miles. I wonder how high the number will be when I complete the 1000 Club.

@Wolfe: Just curious, what do you think the physics are missing?
The same sort of issues I had with the engine as it appeared in Forza Motorsport 4, such as a lack of oversteer from lifting the throttle or shifting weight forward, and bugged (?) countersteer that awkwardly affects handling after you've gotten sideways. These aren't obstacles in normal play, but they interfere with the driving experience enough to prevent me from really getting into "the zone." I can't just let my intuition guide the car -- I have to drive "the Forza way," which is a bit too clunky for my preference.

An example of what I would like, is to be able to dive into a corner hot, downshift and brake to unload the rear wheels, allow the car to rotate sideways on its own, get back on the throttle, and use small steering/throttle adjustments to correct my line as I sail smoothly out of the corner. But in FM4/Horizon, the car doesn't rotate into the corner properly, and when you countersteer it has a tendency to terminate oversteer prematurely. It takes more deliberate steering and mid-corner corrections to "force" the car onto the line it should be taking by itself.

It's a nit-picky thing; I still think Horizon is a respectable simulator and ought to be held in the same regard as GT/FM. But when I just want to drive, and not think about it, it's more relaxing to play Enthusia instead. :)

Back