10 Reasons Why We Will See GT5's Sequel Next Summer

• Thread starter Earth
  • 192 comments

#2 - Forza 4 is already here. Forza Horizon and Forza 5 are Both Coming

If Forza continues its trend of releasing a title very 2 years we will see Forza 5 next year. PD cannot let 2-3 Forza titles come and go before they release a new Gran Turismo. They will lose even more support to their direct competitior. It doesn't help that all these Forza games have been highly rated while GT5 was poorly rated. You will find very few reviewers who recommend GT5 over Forza. That needs to change, fast.

I do! I think Forza has a very clunky turning system, not as good of models, and is not as fun.

symustafa1996
I read somewhere on GTP in someone else's thread (I would put the link if I could find it again) that Kaz Hirai himself said the PS3 would have a 10 year lifespan. So around 2016.

The 10 year cycle only descripes the PS3 support. Sony never said something about a PS4. They'll support the PS3 for 10 years, but this doesn't mean that we will not see a PS4 before 2016.

PS1-PS2= 6years
PS2-PS3= 6 years

Rumours say the next gen will arrive in 2013/2014 and i believe them.

The 10 year cycle only descripes the PS3 support. Sony never said something about a PS4. They'll support the PS3 for 10 years, but this doesn't mean that we will not see a PS4 before 2016.

PS1-PS2= 6years
PS2-PS3= 6 years

Rumours say the next gen will arrive in 2013/2014 and i believe them.

If you read my full post, I mentioned about the PS4 being released during the PS3's lifespan. :rolleyes:

I do! I think Forza has a very clunky turning system, not as good of models, and is not as fun.

If you say Forza's tuning is clunky, you obviously have not tuned a car in GT5.

Hopefully we get some news on GT6 at the Gamescom this month. Sony wants to reveal 2 new games, lets hope.

I'd say the best reason we've got that GT6 will appear on the PS3 before the PS4 train gets going is that it'd be insanity not to do so. Now, PD is a bit insane, but at the very least Sony will recognise the business opportunity.

The engine is mostly in place, barring some needed tweaking here and there, they've had the chance to focus fully on content and improving the actual game the past few years. They've got a significantly increased install base this time around. They've got the opportunity to release a much better game than GT5 or anything they could cook up for the PS4 launch window (that would mean a massive graphical update again, meaing the content suffers), costing less time, effort and money and having a much greater market than they had for GT5 and certainly than they'd have as an early PS4 title.

It just makes so much sense, both financially and from our perspective, to have a PS3 GT6 within the next 12-18 months, and so little sense to postpone everything to the PS4 cycle. I'm just not sure anymore if I trust PD to do what's so obviously logical.

I will laugh when the GT6 really is coming for the PS3 and shows these "so-called GT veterans that hated the latest GT with their every bodycell they got" and learns a thing or two about "developers advancing about the coding on the current systems they got"

Afterall, GT5P and GT5 are PD's first developed products for the PS3, and now they are just figuring it out how they can optimize their software to suit the PS3 even better.

And Online in GT5 has been a great help to them, about US, players, how do we play the game online and what cars are we using etc.

And please, dont say "Developers wont track player activity in Online games at all, that would cross the legal line"

And I'm terrible sorry about my English, it still isnt my primary language.

So in short, I am 96% sure we will see GT6 for the GT5, and it wont be a "finished" game only because these days no game is, and thanks for that goes for the hungry people who are never pleased anymore, it will always continue like this

"Give us the DLC"
"They can patch up things"
"It's Easy to Fix"

It's like you're buying a Lexus IS250 from a dealership and notice something isnt all right after 2 years and then return to the dealer to shout "I expected the seat being perfect for me" For example.

Get real.

Sampyla20plus
It's like you're buying a Lexus IS250 from a dealership and notice something isnt all right after 2 years and then return to the dealer to shout "I expected the seat being perfect for me" For example.

Get real.

I think no one expects a perfect game or product, but GT5 had to many issues before the patches were released. The AI and Sound are just bad or terrible.

And GT is missing some feature like a livery editor. And don't use the best feature in GT for example day night cycle often. Only a very small number of tracks use it.

Get real GT5 is far away from beeing perfect.

The AI and Sound are just bad or terrible.
The day the AI doesn't suck is the day it is no longer a GT game that you are playing. :lol: It's like the series Trademark (well that and having RUF instead of Porsche) :cheers:

I think no one expects a perfect game or product, but GT5 had to many issues before the patches were released. The AI and Sound are just bad or terrible.

And GT is missing some feature like a livery editor. And don't use the best feature in GT for example day night cycle often. Only a very small number of tracks use it.

Get real GT5 is far away from beeing perfect.

Exactly people need to get over GT5 a lot of other racing games on PS3 have these same features, and are overall better games even if their sim or arcade.

Back