>10000m track?

• Thread starter Joker-GTBR
  • 33 comments
GTBR_Joker
I've read here that the length limit in a custom track is 10km, but i managed to create a 10.072m track (search for Tarnovo Circuit, if possible). Anyone had ever created a >10000m track?

There seems to be an amazing number of people here who do that. :confused:
They're substituted elsewhere in the world. In the states we would write a large number with decimal points 12,345,678.099 whereas the same number in different notation would be 12.345.678,099 with the comma representing the decimal point. It depends on what region of the world you reside in. I'm not certain where exactly it's different, but I know that's how it is.

I live in Canada and we use commas instead of periods, but we don't put periods between the large numbers, just spaces, like so: 12 345 678,099
I think it's pretty stupid, whenever I use Excel I can't remember which one I'm supposed to use.

It goes the larger then 1 value before the period. (So 1 would equal 1.00)

In a number larger then 3 digits, some people put comma's to separate the numbers. (1,000 or 1,000,000)

In a number that is less the 1 it becomes a decimal or fraction. (Depending on what you are using) Example, 1 1/4 (One and One Quarter) is equal to 1.25.

Simply, the first post states that he has created a track that is 10.072km long. Which is 10km and 7.2m

I don't think he meant to put a period in the number 10.072m. (Since that equals 10072m which is 10.072km)

Can i just say i wasnt at all confused by the OP but Round the bends post has really spun my head round!!!

Firstly, yes there are geographical variations much like, the metric system, "americanisms", driving on the different side of the road, the metric system lol etc...

But regardless of whether we see a dot or comma the number remains the same and anyone with half a brain knows what he means.

QUOTE: "I don't think he meant to put a period in the number 10.072m. (Since that equals 10072m which is 10.072km) "

True if the OP was referring to metres, then a comma would be more gramatically correct, but then i also feel sorry his thread has gone off topic despite the fact that every subsequent poster knows fully well that the concept of a 10 metre track is beyond insane.

The international variation of decimalistaion as it pertains to large numbers: they are done only on large numbers for a reason - so people don't get confused during international business negotations etc... Bear in mind people do business this way and are expected to respectfully reciprocate when need be.

If i uploaded a post i wouldn't be too pleased if people started replying that i missed a comma or an apostrophe.

Sorry all, just trying to keep the thread on track (no pun intended lol).

As for the track well done mate, personally im a bit annoyed you can't build smaller tracks. I want test tracks! Its not like I'll be able to build a better track than the Nurburgring lol. Besides the BGs on custom tracks are boring as hell and there are no identifying features. I like the course maker, but it could have been much better.

OP - maybe you could let us know your fastest car/time on that lap in time trials?

I believe I have a saved Toscana track thats longer than 10072m and when I was playing around with it extensively I saw a 11km one I didn't...

My four longest tracks so far:

1) Southeast Ohio Motorsport Park ("Southeast Ohio MSP 01")
Eifel
6.07 miles, 9.76871 kilometers, or 9,768.71 meters

2) Chillicothe Motorsport Park ("Chillicothe MSP 1")
Toscana
5.81 miles, 9.35028 kilometers, or 9,350.28 meters

3) Jackson Raceway ("Jackson Raceway 03")
Eifel
5.77 miles, 9.28591 kilometers, or 9,285.91 meters

4) Jacksonring Grafschaftschleife ("Jcksn Grafschaftschliefe")
Liege
5.68 miles, 9.14107 kilometers, or 9,141.07 meters
91 turns

I have several others that are almost as long, in the 5.5+ mile range, but I haven't had any exceed 10,000 meters, 10 kilometers, or 6.21371 miles yet.

After coming to this thread I decided to see if I could get beyond 10,000 meters (10 kilometers or 6.22 miles). I tried different locations and some were more promising than others but it took me an awful lot of piddling with numbers of sectors and complexity of each sector just to hit the 6.1-mile mark, but that was an exciting milestone for me here. I eventually got one every so often that was a hair larger until I got beyond 6.22 miles (10,000 meters).

I wanted to see just how far I could get it to go. My best results came from Liege. I eventually hit 7 miles, then 7.1, 7.29, and eventually reached the longest I've yet seen in GT5. My current record is now 7.47 miles, which comes out to about 12.0217 kilometers or 12,021.7 meters.

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Canada and we use commas instead of periods, but we don't put periods between the large numbers, just spaces, like so: 12 345 678,099
I think it's pretty stupid, whenever I use Excel I can't remember which one I'm supposed to use.

I live in Canada as well (Toronto) and that is definitely not how we do it, we simply use the american style 123,456,789.123. I am curious where in Canada you reside?

Anyone had ever created a >10000m track?
Hello, I'm new on this forum.

After reading this thread, I made some tests with the Tuscan environment yesterday. It gave me two great (Nordschleife-like) tracks over 10 kilometers: 10,2 and 10,3 km.
For the moment I presume the upper limit must be 6.5 miles or 10,458 meters.

Hello I'm new here. I tried some things out and managed to create two 10+ km tracks on the Toscana environment yesterday. One of 10,232m and another of 10,300+ meters.

So I presume for the moment the upper limit is at about 6.5 miles (10,458m).

Message to the moderators. Sorry, I'm new and I believe I have done some things wrong, because in my previous replies I got the message I had created a new thread.

5318030462_1153017155.jpg

Some Eifel circuits. :)

Last edited:

That's just not true.
I'm looking at my Government of Canada statements and other banking statements. The numbers are written as: XX,XXX.XX

That's just not true.
I'm looking at my Government of Canada statements and other banking statements. The numbers are written as: XX,XXX.XX

Probably from Québec (yes it's part of Canada :lol:). I went to school in Montréal for a few years and was in French immersion so math was in French too! We used commas in place of decimals which really messed me up when I moved back to Vancouver! That was 25 years ago; I had nearly forgotten about that until I saw this thread.

Now if only Kaz will let us race these tracks online soon I really don't care if it's a decimal or a comma! I'd love to race on a 10,000,000mm (or is that 10Km, or 6.22 miles, or :confused:) track against real people.

Back