1000km Sierra - Circuito de la Sierra Endurance RaceFinished 

What class(es) should we use for the race?

• A Le Mans-style race: P1 (4 cars), P2 (4 cars), GT1 (3 cars) and GT2 (3 cars) categories

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • Prototypes only: P1 (8 cars) and P2 (6 cars)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • GT cars only: GT1 (8 cars) and GT2 (6 cars)

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • Formula GT (14 cars)

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Red Bulls only: RB1 (X2014 Fan Car; 8 cars) and RB2 (X2014 Standard; 6 cars))

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Tuner cars (14 cars)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Road-going supercars (14 cars)

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Road-going sports cars (14 cars)

Votes: 18 25.7%
  • Inexpensive road-going cars (under Cr. 30,000; 14 cars)

Votes: 5 7.1%

• Total voters
Ok... firstly - wow! That is one long list of cars. Not sure my friend can provide that much info, especially so close to the event but if I see him around I'll ask him for some regs.

Secondly, this race actually clashes with another race I have on Sunday evening so it's unlikely I'll make it to this event. I will, though, still see about those regs for you if and when I get the chance.

Ok... firstly - wow! That is one long list of cars. Not sure my friend can provide that much info, especially so close to the event but if I see him around I'll ask him for some regs.

Secondly, this race actually clashes with another race I have on Sunday evening so it's unlikely I'll make it to this event. I will, though, still see about those regs for you if and when I get the chance.
If he can't, then just have him provide regs for each subcategory in each class - for instance, some regs for SuperGT cars, some for DTM, some for FIA GT1 and so on. That should make it easier as most cars in each class are on equal footing anyway.

Sure thing! Should I tune it or leave it stock?
Stock would probably be better. There's less chance of crashing it that way, and since the field would have to slow down for you anyway there would really be no point.

Stock would probably be better. There's less chance of crashing it that way, and since the field would have to slow down for you anyway there would really be no point.

True. Added brakes, rear wing, RH tires, and a center diff for drivabilty, no power mods. I'm on right now if you wanna make a room.

True. Added brakes, rear wing, RH tires, and a center diff for drivabilty, no power mods. I'm on right now if you wanna make a room.
OK. :)
Do you have a mic, by the way? That would be better than just entering "the safety car is out" in the chat box.

When is this race starting?
Practice is tomorrow at 12:30pm EST, and it lasts for 30 minutes. After that, there will be a 15-minite break, followed by 30 minutes of quali and another 15-minute break before the race. So the race would start at 2:00pm. :)

The room is up. I can't find the number, so just look for "1000km Sierra Pace Car Practice."

Anyone else is allowed to join if they want to get a bit more tuning done ahead of the race.

General announcement: Since the "Road-going sports car" option in the poll seems to be gaining traction, I'm just going to say that we'll be racing GT cars since everyone probably already has their setups done or they're still working on them. It would be unfair at this stage to go and change over to a different category of car when everyone would have to start from scratch.

Hey guys, I wonder if I could take part in this race, I saw this thread about a month ago an and I've been interested into taking part in a 1000km race, but haven't had an opportunity to do so until now. I got one question though. Is the Honda HSV base model allowed? I didn't see it on the car list.

@gurizzi @PNuTButR @Piotr Jawniak @PHO3NIX_F1RE @bscar27 @aboe @OriginalCheezIt @Wardez @M0NSTER97

Read this closely. These are the final regulations for the race.

First I want to kick things off with how we're going to reign in Super GT cars so the other cars in each class have a chance. Super GT cars will be limited to 480 horsepower (GT1)/280 horsepower (GT3) and must carry 200kg of ballast, though the ballast may be located wherever the driver sees fit. As a reminder, the Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo '00 will be subject to Super GT regulations.

With that said, here are the rules from the OP as a refresher.

Rules

Settings

• Time set to 1, with an in-game start time of 12:00
  • Fuel usage and tire wear set to realistic
  • Mechanical damage set to heavy
  • Visual damage set to on
  • All assists set to off
  • Tuning will be allowed
Start times
  • Practice: 12:30pm EST (30 mins), Sept. 21 (Sunday)
  • Qualifying: 1:15pm (30 mins)
  • Race: 2:00pm
Rules

• All drivers are requested to drive cleanly. While competitors are free to bump and rub each other within reason, intentionally wrecking another driver or behaving in a dangerous manner will result in a kick and exclusion from the race results.
  • Fields will be 14 cars instead of the usual 16, to allow for a safety car driver and a broadcaster
  • A practice session will be run two hours before the race, to allow you to familiarize yourself with the track and adjust your car
  • Thirty minutes after the practice session ends, a qualifying session will be run using the in-game system to determine grid spots
  • A safety car will be on hand to deploy if there's an accident involving two or more cars. When deployed, the safety car will wait for the other cars to cross the start/finish line (where it will be parked, and where the competitors are supposed to slow down) and catch them, controlling the field until those involved in the accident have had an opportunity to pit for repairs and catch back up
  • The safety car will use the parking areas that are dotted along the track during cautions unless a full course caution is ABSOLUTELY necessary (for instance if there is a track-blocking accident and those involved are having a hard time setting off again). The way we will do this is we will allow any cars involved in the caution to have necessary repairs made and to be able to catch back up to us. Instead of going all the way around the course under caution, we will simply use a "sector caution" format where we will be under caution from the point that the field is back together, until we reach the next closest pull-off area at which point the pace car will pull off of the racing surface and we will resume competition. There are 5 pull offs along the entire track and they are after sector markers #7, 18, 32, 39, and 44.
  • If two or more drivers are involved in the same accident, they are asked to type "c" in the Chat box so the safety car driver will know to declare safety car conditions
  • One-car accidents will not result in a safety car unless the car is damaged to the point that it becomes a danger to other racers or it is disabled (see "Extenuating circumstances in which the safety car will be deployed")
  • Using chat programs outside of the game's chat function (Teamspeak or Skype, for instance), is allowed to allow teams to come up with interesting strategies and make the race a bit more exciting for all involved.
Extenuating circumstances in which the safety car will be deployed
The safety car will also be deployed in the following circumstances.
  • A car has been so badly damaged that the driver feels they cannot safely continue on without causing another accident or crashing again themselves. If this is the case, the affected driver should type "damage" in the chat box
  • A real-world control failure (for instance, loss of throttle, braking or steering input) has left a car disabled in a dangerous spot. If this happens, the driver should type "failure." Upon reaching the disabled car, the safety car will push the disabled car to a safe spot so the driver can fix whatever issue they're having with their controls.
I want to stress in particular that if you are in an accident, you MUST type either "c" for a crash, "damage" if your car is damaged so badly that it becomes a danger, or "failure" in case of a real-world control failure. If you don't do that, there's no way for @OriginalCheezIt to know that he's supposed to deploy the safety car.

Eligible cars

Here's the list of eligible cars. Only actual race cars are allowed, not merely cars modified to look like them.
GT1
  • FIA GT1
    • Audi R8 LMS/LMS ultra (all variations)
    • BMW M3 GTR Race Car '01
    • BMW E92 M3 (BMW Motorsports) '10
    • BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11
    • Lamborghini NOMAD Diablo GT-1 '00 (will be subject to SuperGT GT500 regs since it's so much faster than other FIA GT1 cars)
    • Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 '11
    • Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
    • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13
    • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3/GT3 Team RJN '13
    • Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car
  • SuperGT GT500
    • Honda RAYBRIG/Castrol MUGEN/ARTA NSX '00
    • Honda Mobil 1/LOCTITE MUGEN NSX '01
    • Honda TAKATA DOME NSX '03
    • Honda EPSON NSX '08
    • Honda NSX GT500 Base Model '08
    • Honda ARTA/TAKATA DOME/RAYBRIG NSX '06
    • Honda weider/KEIHIN/RAYBRIG HSV-010 '12
    • Honda HSV-010 GT Base Model '12
    • Nissan PENNZOIL ZEXEL GT-R '01
    • Nissan CALSONIC SKYLINE '00
    • Nissan LOCTITE ZEXEL GT-R '00
    • Nissan PENNZOIL Nismo GT-R '99
    • Nissan XANAVI HIROTO GT-R '01
    • Nissan MOTUL AUTECH GT-R '08
    • Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08
    • Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R '08
    • Nissan Yellow Hat YMS TOMICA GT-R '08
    • Nissan WOODONE ADVAN Clarion GT-R '08
    • Nissan GT-R GT500 Base Model '08
    • Nissan MOTUL PITWORK Z '04
    • Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '03
    • Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z '06
    • Nissan Z GT500 Base Model '06
    • Toyota YellowHat YMS Supra '05
    • Toyota Supra GT500 Base Model '05
    • Toyota au CERUMO Supra '01
    • Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra '97/'00/'01
    • Toyota DENSO SARD SUPRA '00
    • Toyota WOODONE TOM'S SUPRA '03
    • Lexus BANDAI DIREZZA SC430 '06
    • Lexus ENEOS/DENSO DUNLOP SARD/PETRONAS SC430 '08
    • Lexus SC430 GT500 Base Model '08
  • DTM
  • Audi A4 Touring Car '04
  • Audi Abt TT '02
  • Mercedes-Benz CLK Touring Car '00
  • Opel/Vauxhall Calibra Touring Car '94
  • Opel/Vauxhall Astra V8 Coupe (Opel Team Phoenix) '00
  • Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
GT2
  • FIA GT3
    • Lexus IS-F CCS-R '11
    • Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12
    • BMW Z4 GT3 '11
  • SuperGT GT300
    • ASL ARTA Garaiya '03
    • ASL ARTA Garaiya '08
    • ASL Garaiya GT300 Base Model '08
    • RE Amemiya AMEMIYA ASPARADRINK RX7 '04
    • RE Amemiya Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06
    • RE Amemiya RX7 GT300 Base Model '06
    • Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA '08
    • Subaru IMPREZA GT300 Base Model '08
    • Subaru CUSCO SUBARU ADVAN IMPREZA '03
    • Subaru BR-Z R&D SPORT '12
    • Subaru BR-Z GT300 Base Model '12
    • Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00
    • Toyota WEDSSPORT CELICA '03
    • Lexus Weds Sport IS350 '08
    • Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08
Entrants and officials
And finally here's a list of all entrants and officials for the race. Thanks for signing up, guys!

Entrants
@gurizzi and 3 others
iTzRadioactive_ (doesn't have a GTPlanet profile)
|--g46 (doesn't have a GTPlanet profile)
@PNuTButR (PSN: jazza96uk)
@Piotr Jawniak (PSN: Shnoipah)
@PHO3NIX_F1RE
@bscar27
@aboe (PSN: aboe_83/BAD_aboe)
@M0NSTER97
Me (possibly?)

Officials
@OriginalCheezIt (pace car driver)
@Wardez (possibly?) (broadcaster)
Me (possibly?) (broadcaster)

-----

And that's it! Long post, I know, but I just wanted to sum everything up for you guys so you know what's what come race day. :)

Last edited:
Hey guys, I wonder if I could take part in this race, I saw this thread about a month ago an and I've been interested into taking part in a 1000km race, but haven't had an opportunity to do so until now. I got one question though. Is the Honda HSV base model allowed? I didn't see it on the car list.
Yep, it's allowed. :)

You posted literally right as I was posting the final rules, too. That's what I call cutting it close! Glad you could make it. :)

wait wait wait... so the race is tomorrow? on a monday? At 2pm? First of all. which country are you in? cause when you posted all the rules and so on it was 4 am in my country.

it's at 2pm accoring to the time zone you're in right? so what time is it now wherever you are?
cause i really wanna make it to the race.
The race starts in 2 1/2 hours I believe, I hope you can make it, should be great fun!

Back