100th Indianapolis 500- May 29th

• Thread starter ukfan758
  • 232 comments
You say "only 140,000" like they could have had more people at the track.

ABC/ESPN has not been promoting Indycar for years now. The rating drop is expected in that regard. There's also other factors like people going out and doing Memorial Day weekend activities, people that have dropped cable, etc.

A 90,000 difference isn't even .1 overall if we're taking those numbers together.

Last year.

Juan Pablo Montoya's Indy 500 victory on Sunday was ABC TV's highest-rated and most-viewed Indy 500 since 2011.

ABC’s 2015 telecast of the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday earned a 4.1 rating, averaging 6,394,097 viewers, according to Nielsen Fast National data. The rating was up 5 percent from last year’s 3.9 rating, and viewership also rose 5 percent from last year’s 6,063,011 average.

The rating and viewership peaked in the final half hour of the race at 4.7 and 7,330,809.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/indy-500/indy-500-tv-ratings-5-percent-year-ago#ixzz4A9rnwLsu

Last year.

Juan Pablo Montoya's Indy 500 victory on Sunday was ABC TV's highest-rated and most-viewed Indy 500 since 2011.

ABC’s 2015 telecast of the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday earned a 4.1 rating, averaging 6,394,097 viewers, according to Nielsen Fast National data. The rating was up 5 percent from last year’s 3.9 rating, and viewership also rose 5 percent from last year’s 6,063,011 average.

The rating and viewership peaked in the final half hour of the race at 4.7 and 7,330,809.

Read more: http://autoweek.com/article/indy-500/indy-500-tv-ratings-5-percent-year-ago#ixzz4A9rnwLsu
Interesting...

It was amazing to watch the race leader coast by us at the finish! Sure, it was a fuel mileage win, but that was a factor for everyone. Rossi drove one of the smartest races yesterday. I found it refreshing from the last few races, where the strategy seemed to be "be in 2nd off turn 2 on the last lap to draft to an easy win" (not meant to downplay the accomplishment of any Indy winner).

A great race, and congratulations to Alexander Rossi. Hopefully this isn't his only win.

I'm suprised nobody is talking about the second winner e.g. Honda with thier 1-2 finish. If anything it put to rest some of the criticism they've been recieving.

Good for him. My father and I watched the race together and both couldn't understand why the announcers kept concentrating on the top five guys who needed fuel. I wasn't sure who it would be, but I said 10 laps from the end "somebody back in 8-10th is going to risk it on fuel and win this thing...". I was pleasantly surprised it was Rossi. He's had a rough go of it from most of the efforts he's made. Now, regardless if he has a non-existent or terrible future as a race car driver...he won the Indianapolis 500. That's good enough.

I think he's mostly been a mid-pack contender this year in Indycar. Not bad for being a rookie.

Of course, winning the 500 and it being a double points race, he's now 5th in points.

Dan Weldon won the 100th anniversary Indy 500 driving car 98 for Bryan Herta.

Rossi won the 100th Indy 500 driving car 98 for Bryan Herta...

Spooky.

Corrected for accuracy. :banghead:

Last edited:
Dan Weldon won the 100th anniversary Indy 500 driving car 99 for Bryan Hertz.

Rossi won the 100th Indy 500 driving car 99 for Bryan Herta...

Spooky.
Umm it might be if that were actually true.:embarrassed:

i

I'm known for making typos, but don't you mean "Bryan Herta" and not "Bryan Hertz?" Turnabout's fair play...

Back