101 Things to do before you eventually get bored of GT5

  • Thread starter Thread starter XxOnLySBz4mExX
  • 114 comments
  • 20,282 views

Are you bored of Gran Turismo 5 yet?


  • Total voters
    238
Break your racing wheel with the x2010:crazy:
 
7. Get your P License.

http://i53.tinypic.com/1z1tsw4.jpg

8. Drift a golden Midget on two wheels.

http://i56.tinypic.com/34e80va.jpg

9. Leave the opposing field of cars in carnage and ruin behind you.

http://i52.tinypic.com/1z6r488.jpg

Which track and conditions could recreate this??👍

1z6r488.jpg
 
How can some people already be bored of this game, honestly, I still play GT2 sometimes… Guys, there are so many interesting things to do, I love using a car completely stock, then slowly tune bits and retry the car as it evolves. I love having several different colored versions of my favorite cars. I love drifting online. I love driving around the several tracks online with my friends, and the friends I've made in the game. I love gifting cars to my friends. I love receiving gifts ;) I love taking pictures of backfires etc etc etc
 
I didn't force you to read this thread . . .

. . . and I am not bored of GT5 at this moment, this thread is to give people suggestions of things to do if/when they get bored eventually.

Go be a troll somewhere else. :)

These trolls… LOL, we are WINNING here DUH:gtpflag:
 
1z6r488.jpg
[/QUOTE]
darth vaders new car :)
 
Poll is void for being biased. Where is the NO IM NOT BORED option?
 
I thought it would be a great idea for us (members of GTPlanet) to compile a list of things to do before we get bored of playing GT5 (which will never happen hopefully). ;)

Simply reply to this thread with your idea with the chronological number preceding your post.

I'll start us off.

#1. Purchase the Fiat 500 F '68 from the Premium Dealership, go to practice mode, select Nurburgring 24H (time/weather change), start a one-make race, cockpit view, turn the HUD and race info off, and enjoy. :cool:

Thanks in advance for reading/sharing your ideas.
. . . and please don't forget to post a number with your idea/ideas. :)

Don't forget your sunglasses though! :)
 
How can some people already be bored of this game, honestly, I still play GT2 sometimes…

Not enough events.

A-Spec career is utterly lame this time around...

- not enough races/events/championships
- where are all the one-make/one-model races from previous GTs?
- they make huge deal out of having Ferrari cars in the game, and then the only Ferrari event is just one single 3-lap race on Monza?
- a career that is not only extemely linear, but can also be completed in a week or two?
- no proper rally/dirt/snow races like in previous GTs
- hardly any events have challenging restrictions
- prize cars suck (i.e. are not an incentive) and can only be won once
- most events are highly unbalanced due to one rabbit being always in the grid killing any interesting competition you could have had
- pointless license system
- overuse of some tracks (can I say 'Tsukuba' and 'Fuji'?), underuse of most others (where are all the reverse tracks in the events?)
- stupid XP system and structural underpayment force players to grind

Seriously.. this game was designed to last only a few weeks and can not be compared to brilliant games like GT4, GT3 and GT2.

I love taking pictures of backfires etc etc etc

Some people are perhaps not as easily entertained as you are?
 
I still have to clear the FGT Championship in A Spec (came in 4th) :irked: and then hit Level 40 (currently 37), B Spec cleared...waiting on Shift 2 :)
 
Get level 40 A & B spec;
Buy all cars in the game via legitimate means;
Drive all the cars and make a spreadsheet of how they handle, what are their times etc;
Drive a NASCAR on Nurb24h (at night) with driving line on while beeing drunk;
Do a wheelie;
Learn how to make your favourite cars do wheelies;
Make your own stuntmobile;
Make your own pimpmobile;
Buy all colored X2010s;
Do 24h of LM with 4 mates.

Can't think of anymore things now...
 
I'm afraid that after reading these ideas, I know I am almost to the bored point. I refuse to do the A-Spec endurance races and I have accomplished that in B-spec anyway. Unless I jump into online racing with friends, it's over for me.
 
- Pick some PP level, find 10 cars in your garage that fit that level, race them on every track you can think of.

- get your 10 lightest cars with PP of 400 or less, race them on every track

- Create a track that is as long, winding and difficult as possible, race it with your fave car for 100 laps.

- Create a track that races at night and take your best and worst lit cars out on it. Turn off the race line.

- get on a gokart track, turn around facing the wrong way, put it in R and race.

- trade created tracks with your friends.

- tune the Shelby Cobra till it can win the nostalgia race.
 
Not enough events.

A-Spec career is utterly lame this time around...

- not enough races/events/championships
- where are all the one-make/one-model races from previous GTs?
- they make huge deal out of having Ferrari cars in the game, and then the only Ferrari event is just one single 3-lap race on Monza?
- a career that is not only extemely linear, but can also be completed in a week or two?
- no proper rally/dirt/snow races like in previous GTs
- hardly any events have challenging restrictions
- prize cars suck (i.e. are not an incentive) and can only be won once
- most events are highly unbalanced due to one rabbit being always in the grid killing any interesting competition you could have had
- pointless license system
- overuse of some tracks (can I say 'Tsukuba' and 'Fuji'?), underuse of most others (where are all the reverse tracks in the events?)
- stupid XP system and structural underpayment force players to grind

Seriously.. this game was designed to last only a few weeks and can not be compared to brilliant games like GT4, GT3 and GT2.



Some people are perhaps not as easily entertained as you are?

Maybe you're right, it could be more "entertaining", but that doesn't mean I won't still play it in two years time. I bought a 500 € steeringwheel, so I intend on using it at least for every car I own in the game, that will keep me busy. Honestly, for all the people that are not interested in the game anymore: so be it, don't play the game then, no one is telling you what to do.:sly:
 
24. Show a room full of Zs and S2000s that a Hugger Orange Impreza can drift better than them... Using a DFGT.
25. Roll over a stock prius.
 
Last edited:
Maybe you're right, it could be more "entertaining", but that doesn't mean I won't still play it in two years time. I bought a 500 € steeringwheel, so I intend on using it at least for every car I own in the game, that will keep me busy. Honestly, for all the people that are not interested in the game anymore: so be it, don't play the game then, no one is telling you what to do.:sly:

I know that. But if we do not speak out loud enough, then chances are that GT6 will just as bad a trainwreck as GT5 is.

And I really would like GT6 to be at least as good as GT4.
 
I know that. But if we do not speak out loud enough, then chances are that GT6 will just as bad a trainwreck as GT5 is.

And I really would like GT6 to be at least as good as GT4.

Well, it would be awesome if Kazunori would consider all the propositions and suggestions I have read so far on GTPlanet, there are some very good ones that need attantion...👍
 
Eventually drive 1000 miles with a single go-kart. Just my 2 cents.
 
Do a Go Kart race on Nurburgring 24h 3 laps. Set time lapse to 60. Now enjoy driving in pitch black darkness for 2/3 laps. Did it with a freind today and it was hilarious.
 
Try drifting a FF car, no trust me. I had a complete laugh yesterday when trying to drift my Civic around the Cape Ring using nothing but the e-Brake, it was just hilarious.

When you are done with that, try to to take a completely useless car, and turn it into a driving machine. I once took a Fiat 500 and tuned it to such a limit that i was winning races against M3's and M5's. It was a good laugh crossing the line in a small Italian hatchback while rubbing it in to "M-guys" online.
 
Heres one fully tune a fiat panda and get it to 130mph then hold handbrake and steer real fast idea is to try and knock it over :sly:
 
I love taking pictures of backfires etc etc etc

I would love to take a picture of a backfire, at least once, but there's no point to it. When you snap the picture, the backfire moves and is no longer coming out of the pipe. Kind of takes any fun that might have been there away. I've also noticed that the tires rotate into a different position when you snap a picture. Makes me wonder what else moves, smoke perhaps?

I also wouldn't necessarily mind taking a picture of a standard car from less than 10 feet away, jaggies be damned. If I think it looks unsatisfactory, I'll change position. I'd also like to climb over the fence and take a picture from a better vantage point. I'd also like to be able to fast forward a replay to where I want to take a picture, and then move to the exact frame I'd like to shoot, and perhaps rewind when I decide it looked a little better a moment earlier.

Yes I'm wandering off topic, but I'm not bored yet. Well, I'm bored of driving against the Artificial Stupid, but not with everything else.
 
I love taking pictures of backfires etc etc etc

I spent hours doing this in GT4, that and glowing brake disks 👍 Haven't spent much time in photomode in GT5 yet, maybe I'll give it a run tonight
 
Eventually drive 1000 miles with a single go-kart. Just my 2 cents.

I have about 850 mi on mie. The only car I own with more miles is my X2010, only due to Bobbing.
 
Back