11 new tracks in GT5 if Prologue weather report predicts anything?

• Thread starter steven
  • 40 comments
Netherlands
driehuis (nl)
GTP_Steven
If the weather report in the upper right corner of the Prologue My Page screen predicts anything, we will be having - at least - 11 new tracks in the full version of GT5. They are:

Zolder and Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium)
Imola and Monza (Italy)
Shanghai (China)
Hockenheim (Germany)
Magny-Cours (France)
Estoril (Portugal)
Jerez (Spain)
Silverstone and Brands-Hatch (UK)

Observe that all but one of these places/tracks are European, and that interestingly no Japanese or US tracks are part of this list ...
As a true Dutchman, of course I'd be disappointed if our own Zandvoort race track (EDIT one of the A1GP race tracks) will not be part of GT5.

What I don't know is if the US and JP versions of Prologue hold the same weather report places list as the PAL version that I use.

Any thoughts?

EDIT here is a useful link to an overview of all race tracks in the world in case anyone is wondering what (other) tracks might be included in GT5 :lol:

Very interesting observation Bigracer! Never looked at it like that!

Has anyone watched the end credit movie and seen the wire models for all of the circuits in the background? I tried to pick them all out, most were recognizable, but a couple weren't. Is that a hint also? Or just a carryover from GT4?

That's exactly what I had been thinking, mentioned it somewhere this week too I think...

I think as far as no new Asian tracks go, a lot of the world standard Asian tracks are already included in the previous game such as Fuji, Suzuka, Tsukuba, Motegi...I guess only Shanghai, Zhuhai and Sugo were missing? And Shanghai has a current weather report.

I was most excited about Spa, and to see that they still had Monterrey (Laguna Seca) included...unless it's the Monterey track in Mexico?

All the best
Maz (Synwraith)

Whispers: Spa Francorchamps is in Belgium

I'm pretty sure this has been discussed before, but what the hey.

Are you just mentioning the tracks that haven't been in GT yet? Because I seem to remember Daytona, Le Mans and others appearing on my weather report-thingy.

If the weather report in the upper right corner of the Prologue My Page screen predicts anything, we will be having - at least - 11 new tracks in the full version of GT5. They are:

Zolder (Belgium)
Imola and Monza (Italy)
Shanghai (China)
Hockenheim (Germany)
Magny-Cours (France)
Estoril (Portugal)
Jerez (Spain)
Spa-Francorchamps (Luxemburg)

Observe that all but one of these places/tracks are European, and that interestingly no Japanese or US tracks are part of this list ...
As a true Dutchman, of course I'd be disappointed if our own Zandvoort race track (home of the first A1GP race of the season) will not be part of GT5.

What I don't know is if the US and JP versions of Prologue hold the same weather report places list as the PAL version that I use.

Any thoughts?

EDIT here is a useful link to an overview of all race tracks in the world in case anyone is wondering what (other) tracks might be included in GT5 :lol:

small correction bigracer,a1gp season doesn't start at zandvoort this year....:sly::)

spyrrari.

small correction bigracer,a1gp season doesn't start at zandvoort this year
Thanks & edited 👍

Are you just mentioning the tracks that haven't been in GT yet? Because I seem to remember Daytona, Le Mans and others appearing on my weather report-thingy.
Righty-o :) thank you too :sly: edited that also

EDIT sorry to the mods for opening up on a subject obviously already mentioned elsewhere in GTP. It's ok with me to close the thread if you mods feel necessary :bowdown:

I hope you're right. These are very nice tracks.

Like said, this has been discussed before on the GT5 forum.

Maybe these tracks will make into GT5p (fall update).

Very old news but... there's another track in Spain confirmed: Madrid. I'll be a city circuit, like London. Yamauchi was taking pictures & videos during 3 weeks there (6 years ago) in order to do that circuit in the future. He confirmed on the GRAN TURISMO 5 PROLOGUE release conference on Madrid, that they'll include that circuit on GRAN TURISMO 5.

I don't know if you knew this from before.., if not I should had told you. I was reading & watching all the material about that conference on internet those days, they came to Madrid even with a Ferrari F430, an Audi R8 & an Aston Martin (DB9 I think) specially for that GRAN TURISMO 5 PROLOGUE release conference.

fotos+014.jpg

I saw that weather report thing and I saw "Spa" and "Nurburg" and was like "whoa". Then I saw it showed Monza and just thinking about having Spa and Monza in GT5, that's just too awesome.

It be awesome if you could go to a track, turn on live weather and time. And lets say you pick a race track in Japan, and its night and raining there, in game would too :)

NoxNoctis – Excellent idea! I’d say that when racing online, the current real-time conditions should be the default – but the game host would be able to change it if they wanted.

Yes, those locations are quite interesting & I believe they could be clues to what's coming. Didn't we see Daytona under the locations before the track was shown?

Yes we did, which does add weight to the rumours about the locations. The only concern is that in total there are a lot of locations that show on the weather reports, I doubt GT5 will feature all of them, it'd be nice but there is a danger in being overly optomistic. The only track that is on the reports and has featured or so far been confirmed to feature that's new in Daytona, so that could be a simple coincidence. Hopefully E3 should give us a glimpse of some new content and geatures and give us fresh things to discuss.

Yes we did, which does add weight to the rumours about the locations. The only concern is that in total there are a lot of locations that show on the weather reports, I doubt GT5 will feature all of them, it'd be nice but there is a danger in being overly optomistic. The only track that is on the reports and has featured or so far been confirmed to feature that's new in Daytona, so that could be a simple coincidence. Hopefully E3 should give us a glimpse of some new content and geatures and give us fresh things to discuss.
Do you think they could serve as clues as to which tracks are also returning? I've seen LeMans & Monaco listed on mine before.

Im still quite interested in the mystery track was saw briefly in that Nissan 350Z trailer which seemed to be a city at night. Many thought it might be a Shangahi street circuit or maybe the new SS5...

Robin

Both Top Gear track & Madrid track are 2 confirmed for example, and both are not into the Weather thing, so maybe we shouldn't see the weather ones as future tracks on GT5P. But who knows...

I'm just happy if they put Seattle, Deep Forest, Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Nurburgring, SS11 (the one with the underground 90º turn), Tokyo R246, La Sarthe and anything new. These plus the GT5P ones are the ones I love, always since the first GT for those who were there. Seattle is my love :)

OK. To me all the original tracks and Le Mans are most dear and valued.
If I'd had to pick one track it'd definitely be ...

El Capitan

:) :) :)

Still no mention of Bathurst.:( Ranked as one of the Top 3 tracks in the world.

I liked Hockenheim in V8 Supercars 3, I hope you're right on that one

Do you think they could serve as clues as to which tracks are also returning? I've seen LeMans & Monaco listed on mine before.
I think it's almost a given that the Ring will be back, Le Mans, we'll have to wait and see but I should think Pd would try to keep as many if not all of the real world tracks they already have and incorporate them into GT5.

I think it's almost a given that the Ring will be back, Le Mans, we'll have to wait and see but I should think Pd would try to keep as many if not all of the real world tracks they already have and incorporate them into GT5.

I believe the "Ring" and Le Mans will be definitely in the game. PD and GT can't afford to NOT have them. I mean every Sim racing game MUST have at least one of them!

Chris

Zolder and Spa-Francorchamps (Belgium)
Imola and Monza (Italy)
Shanghai (China)
Hockenheim (Germany)
Magny-Cours (France)
Estoril (Portugal)
Jerez (Spain)

As a true Dutchman, of course I'd be disappointed if our own Zandvoort race track (EDIT one of the A1GP race tracks) will not be part of GT5.

Any thoughts?

I've done a post about the GT Weather Tracker before on another thread Big Racer in GT5 Latest News and General Discussion Thread. Yes you are right about the tracker but one area you missed is that the tracker is live while you’re on-line. I've done some reach and found out the GT5 weather tracker is linked to the World Weather Station. There are a number of web sites that are linked to the station as well. No the tracker will post the weather near or right on. It covers ever track that’s on the GT5 table so we’re getting more than 11 new tracks. Here’s the link to that thread.https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3389507#post3389507

One other thing... To reset the weather tracker and GT5 World map press the O button on your pad or wheel and you'll see all the areas a track will be.

Last edited:
New Jersey Motor Sports Park in up state New Jersey and Barber Motor Sports Park in Birmingham Ala. Also Virginia International Race Way would be a great addition. It was a premiere F-1 track back in the day.

Back