11 new tracks in GT5 if Prologue weather report predicts anything?

• Thread starter steven
  • 40 comments
the GT5 weather tracker is linked to the World Weather Station.

Here's an interesting thought...seeing as the weather tracker is linked to the World Weather Station, and GT5 apparently has live weather effects, could the two of these be linked in some way!!

i.e. say you were about to race around Brands Hatch (God I hope so) and the World Weather Station indicates that it's tipping it down with rain in reality, then the in game 'live' weather would have a fully soaked and still raining Brands Hatch to race on!!

It may work in that way only time will tell. If it does work in that fashion it would add another level to the weather aspect of GT5. One thing I did notice about the weather tracker two more area were added when I have no idea. Can’t remember which area either, every time I reset the tracker I’ll get blank spots on the tracker.

Don't know how Kaz thinks to realise the weather stuff in the next version of the game he's been talking about in the Audi R8 site, but it sounds logical to connect it to something like that weather tracker. On the other hand, manual controlable weather conditions might be easier to realise.

If there's a weather tracker, why not use the data or at least use it roughly (rain/no rain, clouds/no clouds etc.). I live in The Netherlands, so an option to switch this off would be nice, since it would mean a lot of driving in the rain for me.
It would also be great if GT5 has an option to link day/night to your system clock, although this would need a complete day-night cycle, which might be a bit too much to ask.

EDIT: and of course for the real tracks you use the data of the actual track...

If there's a weather tracker, why not use the data or at least use it roughly (rain/no rain, clouds/no clouds etc.). I live in The Netherlands, so an option to switch this off would be nice, since it would mean a lot of driving in the rain for me.
It would also be great if GT5 has an option to link day/night to your system clock, although this would need a complete day-night cycle, which might be a bit too much to ask.

EDIT: and of course for the real tracks you use the data of the actual track...
Why would you drive in a lot of rain? The weather reports will be connected to the weather at the track you will be driving, not to where you live. LOL that would be funny because then you would be driving in the rain again a driver from a dry place who would drive the same race on try tarmac :lol:

Why would you drive in a lot of rain? The weather reports will be connected to the weather at the track you will be driving, not to where you live. LOL that would be funny because then you would be driving in the rain again a driver from a dry place who would drive the same race on try tarmac :lol:

But what about if you lived in Australia and wanted to drive, for example, the Nurburgring? You'd have to get up at silly hours just to race it in daylight! The same goes for weather, it could end up that a certain track would get a lot of wet weather one period and this would annoy many people to no end.
It would be a nice option to "find current weather" but as an option only, most people don't care about having the real weather.

Really, it should be one of those things left to the gamer to decide, if they want to find the real weather in real time, they can always find it out themselves....the internet is never far away these days.

They may just give us the option to choose the conditions. (1) Race with Weather Track On or Off. (2) Race in current weather and time zone (3) Chose weather and time zone. Exe exe now on the 24hrs races that’s another matter looking forward on how that’s going to work.

I just noticed today that, there were perhaps more tracks added to the Prologue. In the weather report! I am not sure. But I noticed more. Here they are:

Monte Carlo
Silverstone
Sonoma
Tsukuba
Shanghai
Jerez
Estoril
Imola
Hockenheim
Monterey
Motegi
Nurburg
Daytona Beach
Le Mans
Spa
Zolder
Monza
Fuji
Magny-Cours
Brands Hatch
Suzuka

Forgive me if this is information we already know. Maybe its new!

If you restart the demostration you'll notice that the red dot on the map will move. Pending on where it's at will depend what weather you get. I've seen more than 11 tracks Daytona and I think Indy was in there.

I think that Gt5 will have real weather condition for the real tracks. I'm thinking about an option like "real weather ON/OFF" wich receive forecast from meteo sites and recreate the same weather condition on the track... Finger crossed ;-)

Back