120fps now

• Thread starter Dess81
  • 111 comments
Russian Federation
Russian Federation
Who tried 120fps mode? What do you think about it?
I just tried it on my 2K monitor (165fps support).
It seems to me that not only the resolution was lowered, but also textures and trees. Yes, the game looks much smoother than in real life, but the graphics are getting worse than in GT Sport. It feels like you're playing VR (blurry).
Trees look like from Blood (1996).:( It seems like PD wanted to make real 120fps, but PS5 can't do it well.

Last edited:
Who tried 120fps mode? What do you think about it?
I just tried it on my 2K monitor (165fps support).
It seems to me that not only the resolution was lowered, but also textures and trees. Yes, the game looks much smoother than in real life, but the graphics are getting worse than in GT Sport. It feels like you're playing VR (blurry).
I have to ask - what did you expect? Did you expect that you could DOUBLE the frame rate and have no detriment to other graphical elements?

Did you expect that you could DOUBLE the frame rate and have no detriment to other graphical elements? Yes because they now can unleash the power of mighty ps5. Because no need to support old ps4.

Last edited:
best options between- Prioritise Resolution, Ray Tracing and 120fps on and Prioritise Resolution, Ray Tracing and 120fps off

Last edited:
If you have a TV/Monitor with VRR, I guess the Resolution Mode with the 120fps turned on seems to be way to go. The game pretty much maintains the visuals from the 4k/60 mode (including ray tracing in menus/replays) but it runs with a unlocked framerate (it can go up to 120 but stays around 90~100 most of the time)

Last edited:
Did you expect that you could DOUBLE the frame rate and have no detriment to other graphical elements? Yes because they now can unleash the power of mighty ps5. Because no need to support old ps4.
The PS5 version has never been playable on a PS4.

Then your understanding of processing power and PC hardware is incorrect.

The PS5 version has higher resolution assets, higher detail on the models, improved lighting and higher resolution output.

It isn't suddenly capable of the world because "no PS4"

On Ps5. Gotta say the first race I did with 120fps, endurance nurburgring, had major framerate issues. I couldn’t tell it was smoother than my previous settings…

I have to ask - what did you expect? Did you expect that you could DOUBLE the frame rate and have no detriment to other graphical elements?
To be honest I didn't expect 120fps support on PS5. I have tried 3 games. 2 games playes simular like 60fps and I didn't see any difference. GT7 is the only game I played that gives difference. I expected that GT7 will give 100fps with 1080p. I didn't expect that trees and other elements will downgrade so much. Maybe it would look nice on 21 inch monitor, but I don't have it.:(

I noticed it more navigating through the menus, not much in game. I felt like some tracks were 120fps and some were lower.

It's 1440p but seems like no AA. Best mode for performance and graphics is Raytracing/Resolution + 120hz + VRR. You even get better reflections in this mode. Running at lower than 4k

It's 1440p but seems like no AA. Best mode for performance and graphics is Raytracing/Resolution + 120hz + VRR. You even get better reflections in this mode. Running at lower than 4k

How do you select that mode? I ask because people were reporting on was off and off was on so 🤷‍♂️

Do reflections still update at 30fps in 120fps mode? My biggest gripe with the visuals in GT7 is the lower refresh rate for reflections, which is very distracting at circuits like Tokyo Expressway (at night).

Do reflections still update at 30fps in 120fps mode? My biggest gripe with the visuals in GT7 is the lower refresh rate for reflections, which is very distracting at circuits like Tokyo Expressway (at night).
If you play at 120fps, it should look much better. I have tested the Dodge Viper at Tokyo night. I can't say it's at 60fps but it sure does look like it.

I compared the regular Native 4k 60 mode to the lower res but unlocked framerate mode. (you get it with Raytracing/Resolution settings + 120hz ON) and it looked miles better and updated at a faster rate.

If you play at 120fps, it should look much better. I have tested the Dodge Viper at Tokyo night. I can't say it's at 60fps but it sure does look like it.

I compared the regular Native 4k 60 mode to the lower res but unlocked framerate mode. (you get it with Raytracing/Resolution settings + 120hz ON) and it looked miles better and updated at a faster rate.
This is great news for when I get a PS5, GT7 AND a 120hz TV and when I'm not playing with the PSVR that I also don't have.

But ray tracing is only on replays, correct?

I’m really liking it.

Prioritise Resolution, Ray Tracing and 120fps on: not only is it smooth and running 110 to 115 FPS on my 65” LG C1, but the pop in of spoilers on other cars that bothers me so is gone. I’ll take the slight hit to the shinny graphics all day as it’s not looking as bad to me as prioritize framerate used to pre update.

81F299BB-5069-4EE5-A389-60651C9FA989.jpeg

I’m really liking it.

Prioritise Resolution, Ray Tracing and 120fps on: not only is it smooth and running 110 to 115 FPS on my 65” LG C1, but the pop in of spoilers on other cars that bothers me so is gone. I’ll take the slight hit to the shinny graphics all day as it’s not looking as bad to me as prioritize framerate used to pre update.

View attachment 1243960
is it gone? that would be the same on other modes. I haven't tested this

Ray-tracing will be disabled on replays if you turn 120hz on. They will only enable Raytracing for garage and legendary cars scenes.

That's my only gripe. This needs to be an option. Would love a 40 fps Replay mode with RT.

90 fps mode is so smooth though.

120 fps is incredible but a big visual hit. Will likely use in time trial due to the low input lag.

Overall a great feature but not quite the home run

That's my only gripe. This needs to be an option. Would love a 40 fps Replay mode with RT.

90 fps mode is so smooth though.

120 fps is incredible but a big visual hit. Will likely use in time trial due to the low input lag.

Overall a great feature but not quite the home run
90fps mode is the best looking the game can be.

IQ wise it is worse than the regular mode, but the reflections on the cockpit look much smoother and more immersive as a result of them updating at an acceptable rate. Not at 30fps

Back