'14 Stingray vs '13 Viper GTS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aphelion
  • 66 comments
  • 6,453 views

Which one do YOU prefer?

  • Chevrolet Corvette '14

    Votes: 78 48.1%
  • SRT Viper '13

    Votes: 73 45.1%
  • Niether!

    Votes: 11 6.8%

  • Total voters
    162
Both are great looking cars imo and one of the few American sportscars that can compete with the likes of Ferraris, Lambos etc.

Haven't driven either one yet so couldn't say which I'd prefer. The Viper is certainly a lot more powerful so perhaps this isn't the ideal comparison. Judging by hp, I'd say the Viper vs the GT500 '13 is more appropriate.
 
The Corvettes stiffness lends itself to more stability at least. With the Viper it feels like it wants to be on a slip and slide on every corner exit.
What do the 640hp Vettes do on exit?
 
Just get this and call it a day..

chevrolet-corvette-c6-zo6-view-download-wallpaper-1024x768-comments_cd53f.jpg
i actually REALLY dislike the C6 so no way.
 
GT6 PP rating: 526 (stock)
Fully tuned PP: 634 668
I don't know what C7 Vette you have, but mine fully tuned has 668pp not 634pp.
It's crazy fast with 920bhp @ 1230kg, but pretty hard to keep it on the track like that, on the Nordschleife...

I haven't got to tune the new Viper yet, so I can't comment on that.
 
Both are great looking cars imo and one of the few American sportscars that can compete with the likes of Ferraris, Lambos etc.

Haven't driven either one yet so couldn't say which I'd prefer. The Viper is certainly a lot more powerful so perhaps this isn't the ideal comparison. Judging by hp, I'd say the Viper vs the GT500 '13 is more appropriate.
Yeah i tried the GT500 first and it looses traction like the viper AND is bad in the corners like the vette. it lapped at around 1:36.
 
I don't know what C7 Vette you have, but mine fully tuned has 668pp not 634pp.
It's crazy fast with 920bhp @ 1230kg, but pretty hard to keep it on the track like that, on the Nordschleife...

I haven't got to tune the new Viper yet, so I can't comment on that.
Um i just checked again and its still 635. does nitrous increase PP or something? what on earth did you do to it???

Yeah what mine is 920HP and 1230KG but its still 634!
 
Um i just checked again and its still 635. does nitrous increase PP or something? what on earth did you do to it???

Yeah what mine is 920HP and 1230KG but its still 634!
perhaps you didn't do the weight reductions?
 
Id take Viper. Its always been one of my favorite cars. On a note I could have sworn I modded one to around 1300hp before the last patch now I cant get it past 1087. I wish Kaz would get the times and stop limiting the Viper to only a supercharger. In real life they have been turboing Vipers for around 15 years now making anywhere from 1250hp to over 2000hp. Same with the Vette. Turbo these big engine American cars already Kaz...👍
 
C7 all the way (it's a bowtie afterall), but to be honest, comparing to a ZR1 would have been a better comparison. C7 will out handle the brutish Viper, a Vette with more power needs to be compared although it should still out handle the Viper. Vipers are power monsters, not cornering beasts.
 
Um i just checked again and its still 635. does nitrous increase PP or something? what on earth did you do to it???

Yeah what mine is 920HP and 1230KG but its still 634!
Nitro does not increse PP and I did not installed one on mine. Maybe its just another game bug, I don't know...

Anyway for a 668pp car it's not as fast around the track as it should be (except in a straight line), it has the performance more like you see it, like a 634pp one.
 
C7 all the way (it's a bowtie afterall), but to be honest, comparing to a ZR1 would have been a better comparison. C7 will out handle the brutish Viper, a Vette with more power needs to be compared although it should still out handle the Viper. Vipers are power monsters, not cornering beasts.

Look at real world tracks like Laguna, VIR, MMP and of course the Nurburgring and you will see a bonestock Viper has the top spot or very near top spot for production cars. You can't do that if you are not a cornering beast.

Btw the old ACR was 6 secs faster than the ZR1 around the Nurb. So does that mean the ZR1 is not a handling beast? Just wondering why you would say that about the Viper when in reality it's quite the opposite.
 
Look at real world tracks like Laguna, VIR, MMP and of course the Nurburgring and you will see a bonestock Viper has the top spot or very near top spot for production cars. You can't do that if you are not a cornering beast.

Btw the old ACR was 6 secs faster than the ZR1 around the Nurb. So does that mean the ZR1 is not a handling beast? Just wondering why you would say that about the Viper when in reality it's quite the opposite.

You do realize those are factory drivers doing those times, in regular hands or even semi-pro the car is a handful, the ACR is a better handling car than the current SRT due to the down force it generated and also why it got a better time around the ring. It was a glorified production track car, ZR1 had an AC unit, radio and actual comforts of an every day driver. Also ring numbers don't mean much if anything a collection of tracks should be looked at, the ring has been turned into a marketing tool.
 
SRT - sexy sound with sports exhaust, looks epic, the size of a carbon bonnet :drool:

C7R - Would love it, but ugly rear, ad not a decent exhaust sound to be found.
 
The 2014 Stingray is an absolute joy to drive but what was GM thinking with that rear fascia, it's hideous and after looking everywhere else on the car the rear end is like a train wreck. It doesn't flow with the rest of the car at all, all the semi smooth lines are all sharply muted into the stark razor edged look with weird looking lights stolen from the Camaro. Not sure what kind of look they were going for but it makes the Corvette look like it's confused about it's identity.

Viper is fun and with all that horsepower to throw around it a blast even though it feels sluggish on the straights. I love them both though. Lightly tuned with underbody work really make these car shine and that's with stock tires, you get that visceral power and edge of control feeling as you put these monstrous tires to work in both these cars.

I think the rear end looks fine. I find it funny when people say it stole its lights from the Camaro when the Camaro stole Corvette lights in the first place. As for me I'd go with Stingray because of styling but it's a really tough choice. C7 ZR-1 will own though.
 
Flat Floors adds PP like stickers add HP.

This could be the discrepancy with PP then.

For me I'd choose the C7, it doesn't want to kill me in stock form, and I just can just drive.
 
Been using the C7 a bit in the 600-650 IB races and am not too impressed.
The brakes are weak compared to everything else I've driven and it likes to understeer a lot.
The remedy I've found in the last race or 2 is to simply throw it into the corner, too much steering angle, so the nose dives in and bites. You have to manhandle it, pretty much.
 
You do realize those are factory drivers doing those times, in regular hands or even semi-pro the car is a handful, the ACR is a better handling car than the current SRT due to the down force it generated and also why it got a better time around the ring. It was a glorified production track car, ZR1 had an AC unit, radio and actual comforts of an every day driver. Also ring numbers don't mean much if anything a collection of tracks should be looked at, the ring has been turned into a marketing tool.

The Viper always required the driver to have skill whereas most cars are tuned to not be as demanding of the driver. That's why skilled drivers are faster in Vipers than the "typical" magazine/owner drivers.

Im surprised people are still peddling this myth about the ACR. An ACR has the same interior as a regular Viper which means it has those same comfy seats, AC, radio, power windows etc. There is a hardcore "OPTION" that one can check at purchase that deletes AC, radio and some sound deadening. But its an option. Its still a streetcar with those delete though. It is a streetcar with wings and adjustable suspension and MPSC tires that is track focused. It has the same brakes as the normal Vipers.

It has the same go fast stuff a lot of us put on our cars. Only difference the ACR's aero was tuned in a wind tunnel. The thing is a heavy 1540+lbs hardly in the same league as super lightened factory racers like the GT2/GT3/Scuderia/Supperleggera yet it beats them on track pretty badly. So does the ZR1. Funny how no one says those Euro cars are irrelevant since they come with roll cages, superlight seats, carbon brakes etc and are much more racecar than an ACR is.

Anyway from your last sentence I see you may have glossed over my post about checking a bunch of other tracks other than the Nurburgring. So go ahead and check those tracks I mentioned. I love the ZR1 but Im not blind to the fact that on a lot of tracks it will lose to the ACR. This does not diminish it because the Viper is just a bit more track focused than it is by design. Really no need for a quarrel as both are top cars on a circuit. ZR1 will destroy an ACR in a straightline though no contest. That aero has its disadvantages to top end performance in the straights as you know.

BTW a Gen 5 SRT Viper TA took the production car record from both the ACR and the ZR1 at Laguna Seca recently so you cant say the ACR is better handling. Also of note the ZR1 had the latest MPSC compounds which are way better than the old MPSC's the ACR set the record with back in 2010 and better than the Corsa's the new Viper TA comes with. So that does tell you volumes about the new Vipers handling dynamics on inferior rubber and similar AERO as the ZR1 [minimal].

So at the end of the day both Viper and Vette are at the top or near the top of a LOT of circuits. Just look at Laguna Seca, Nurburgring and VIR for example. The Viper and Vette are faster than an Lamborghini Aventador, McLaren MP4-12C, GTR [any year], Ferrari 458 Itaia, Porsche 911 GT2, Lexus LFA, Mercedes SLS Black Series and the list goes on.

Also whether the Nurburgring is a marketing tool or not is irrelevant imho. You still have to run a time there in your marques production car of choice.

Here is a link to Laguna lap times:
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html

Some other tracks where both have raced on.

Willow Springs:
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow_springs.html

VIR: [Love this track. Wish it was in GT6]
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/virginia_international_raceway.html

Buttonwillow:
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/buttonwillow_configuration_13.html

MMP:
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/miller_motorsports_park.html

Grattan raceway:
http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/grattan_raceway.html
 
Last edited:
Disclaimer: I'm a total Chevy fanboy so I will pick the bowtie 99.9% of the time.

That said, when the C7 was revealed I didn't like the taillights at all. They have grown on me, but I would have much preferred something like those on the Corvette Daytona Prototype race car - half or 3/4 circles on a slight slant (forgive me for not having a picture but I'm on my phone - will post a pic later if I remember).

Anyway, the C3 is my favorite Vette for looks - how do you top that beauty!? I am interested to see the C7 Z06/ZR1, which would probably be a better comparison for this discussion.
 
The Viper always required the driver to have skill whereas most cars are tuned to not be as demanding of the driver. That's why skilled drivers are faster in Vipers than the "typical" magazine/owner drivers.

Im surprised people are still peddling this myth about the ACR. An ACR has the same interior as a regular Viper which means it has those same comfy seats, AC, radio, power windows etc. There is a hardcore "OPTION" that one can check at purchase that deletes AC, radio and some sound deadening. But its an option. Its still a streetcar with those delete though. It is a streetcar with wings and adjustable suspension and MPSC tires that is track focused. It has the same brakes as the normal Vipers.

Perhaps you didn't understand me, the problem with is the Viper used for the ring lap which is what was talked about was the Hardcore option as to where the Vette was a regular ZR1. Now granted to be fair the ZR1 was using street legal track tires though and not the same lesser version of the same tires in the first run. Also the fact remains that the cars ring time isn't representative of what an average Viper owner can achieve. The car was set up by a race team for the track, and used a well known Dodge Factory driver that raced for them back during their GTS campaign in sport car racing/24 h of Le Mans. No one is saying it isn't a street car, but it is one that is better suited at the track.

:lol: The same brakes as a normal viper, wow you had me rolling with that line as if the normal Viper breaks are something to scoff at even though they are top of the line Brembos that many supercars run. You must work in advertising or consulting of such, that was a good one.

It has the same go fast stuff a lot of us put on our cars. Only difference the ACR's aero was tuned in a wind tunnel. The thing is a heavy 1540+lbs hardly in the same league as super lightened factory racers like the GT2/GT3/Scuderia/Supperleggera yet it beats them on track pretty badly. So does the ZR1. Funny how no one says those Euro cars are irrelevant since they come with roll cages, superlight seats, carbon brakes etc and are much more racecar than an ACR is.

Well I'd hope it would since those care you're talking about are plagued by regulations, and since the ACR has no BOP (since it's a real world car not a full pledged race car) to follow it's no surprise either. So the sniff test you're working with is faulty I'm afraid. Why are you bringing european cars into this? I'm sorry I wasn't aware my name was GT2Ferrari or GT2Porsche, the topic at hand is the Vette vs Viper, no reason for misdirection the court is over here. Also you do realize the difference between a Track Car and a Race Car right? Cause I never said anything about Race cars.

Anyway from your last sentence I see you may have glossed over my post about checking a bunch of other tracks other than the Nurburgring. So go ahead and check those tracks I mentioned. I love the ZR1 but Im not blind to the fact that on a lot of tracks it will lose to the ACR. This does not diminish it because the Viper is just a bit more track focused than it is by design. Really no need for a quarrel as both are top cars on a circuit. ZR1 will destroy an ACR in a straightline though no contest. That aero has its disadvantages to top end performance in the straights as you know.

No I didn't I saw it, I'm saying in general people should use multiple tracks a test gauge for what a car can do, not just a single track that I'd say doesn't encompass everything even for it's size. I'm not blind to the fact it lost either but under the circumstances it lost are questionable and really the only car that deserves high marks as was proven to me by @Famine earlier this year is the Radical. It's not a quarrel I just like to challenge people and argue, it is a forum can't we push the discussion further or should post be drivel of "Oh I like the Viper" or "The Vette is the coolest to me". Seems a bit mundane and defeats the intellectual purpose a forum would bring from its users through discussion.

Yes the Aero does have disadvantages I agree, but the setup used made sure to minimize that issue and it did.

BTW a Gen 5 SRT Viper TA took the production car record from both the ACR and the ZR1 at Laguna Seca recently so you cant say the ACR is better handling. Also of note the ZR1 had the latest MPSC compounds which are way better than the old MPSC's the ACR set the record with back in 2010 and better than the Corsa's the new Viper TA comes with. So that does tell you volumes about the new Vipers handling dynamics on inferior rubber and similar AERO as the ZR1 [minimal].

Good to hear I haven't followed much of the TA to be honest as far as track times go I knew it was suppose to be the next serious Track Car viper. Also I'd hope that it would beat the ACR and ZR1 since it's the newest thing, just like I'd hope the ZR1 and Z06 beat it's predecessors. I also noted the tires earlier in this post, trust me I'm being impartial. Also can show you a major difference in grip between the Sport Cup tires used by the Viper and Vette?

So at the end of the day both Viper and Vette are at the top or near the top of a LOT of circuits. Just look at Laguna Seca, Nurburgring and VIR for example. The Viper and Vette are faster than an Lamborghini Aventador, McLaren MP4-12C, GTR [any year], Ferrari 458 Itaia, Porsche 911 GT2, Lexus LFA, Mercedes SLS Black Series and the list goes on.
I know they are and it makes me proud to know that these cheaper supercars beat out cars anywhere from 40k to 250k more than they are.
Also whether the Nurburgring is a marketing tool or not is irrelevant imho. You still have to run a time there in your marques production car of choice.

It's not irrelevant when all the other parameters are racing based from setup, driver, tweaking the car from the stock showroom, transport, and then giving the car optimal track conditions. If they just to the car as is flew it over there put it on the track with an engineer or a regular test driver, then I could see the allure of shouting out these numbers.

By the way I've seen those track times, like I said prior I think you were confused by what I said, so I'm not sure why you thought it necessary to post them. Unless you were doing so in a general sense for everyone??
 
I love the look of the new c7, even though I own an srt vehicle and love the vipers, I'm going with the vette this time.
 
Perhaps you didn't understand me, the problem with is the Viper used for the ring lap which is what was talked about was the Hardcore option as to where the Vette was a regular ZR1. Now granted to be fair the ZR1 was using street legal track tires though and not the same lesser version of the same tires in the first run. Also the fact remains that the cars ring time isn't representative of what an average Viper owner can achieve. The car was set up by a race team for the track, and used a well known Dodge Factory driver that raced for them back during their GTS campaign in sport car racing/24 h of Le Mans. No one is saying it isn't a street car, but it is one that is better suited at the track.

:lol: The same brakes as a normal viper, wow you had me rolling with that line as if the normal Viper breaks are something to scoff at even though they are top of the line Brembos that many supercars run. You must work in advertising or consulting of such, that was a good one.



Well I'd hope it would since those care you're talking about are plagued by regulations, and since the ACR has no BOP (since it's a real world car not a full pledged race car) to follow it's no surprise either. So the sniff test you're working with is faulty I'm afraid. Why are you bringing european cars into this? I'm sorry I wasn't aware my name was GT2Ferrari or GT2Porsche, the topic at hand is the Vette vs Viper, no reason for misdirection the court is over here. Also you do realize the difference between a Track Car and a Race Car right? Cause I never said anything about Race cars.



No I didn't I saw it, I'm saying in general people should use multiple tracks a test gauge for what a car can do, not just a single track that I'd say doesn't encompass everything even for it's size. I'm not blind to the fact it lost either but under the circumstances it lost are questionable and really the only car that deserves high marks as was proven to me by @Famine earlier this year is the Radical. It's not a quarrel I just like to challenge people and argue, it is a forum can't we push the discussion further or should post be drivel of "Oh I like the Viper" or "The Vette is the coolest to me". Seems a bit mundane and defeats the intellectual purpose a forum would bring from its users through discussion.

Yes the Aero does have disadvantages I agree, but the setup used made sure to minimize that issue and it did.



Good to hear I haven't followed much of the TA to be honest as far as track times go I knew it was suppose to be the next serious Track Car viper. Also I'd hope that it would beat the ACR and ZR1 since it's the newest thing, just like I'd hope the ZR1 and Z06 beat it's predecessors. I also noted the tires earlier in this post, trust me I'm being impartial. Also can show you a major difference in grip between the Sport Cup tires used by the Viper and Vette?


I know they are and it makes me proud to know that these cheaper supercars beat out cars anywhere from 40k to 250k more than they are.


It's not irrelevant when all the other parameters are racing based from setup, driver, tweaking the car from the stock showroom, transport, and then giving the car optimal track conditions. If they just to the car as is flew it over there put it on the track with an engineer or a regular test driver, then I could see the allure of shouting out these numbers.

By the way I've seen those track times, like I said prior I think you were confused by what I said, so I'm not sure why you thought it necessary to post them. Unless you were doing so in a general sense for everyone??

Most of my post was directed at your response but some of it was "in general" hence the stuff about the GT2/GT3, Vipers brakes and the track times list. :) Ive been in this type of discussion more times than I can count and I'm sure the same is probably true with you. We are pretty much on the same page in quite a few areas but I prefer discussions not heated arguments.

The TA is a poor replacement for an ACR model. I believe the next ACR will be above and beyond the last one as Ralph said it will be radical and more powerful. So the TA is not the ACR's replacement as it is now. I don't know if they have a business case still for producing a new ACR because of the poor sales of the normal Vipers but I hope they have one to compete with Chevy's next killer Vette. The new Z06 alone is looking to be quite monstrous. Hopefully there will be a ZR1. I love the competition between the two. They have pushed each other to world class quality and performance. I look forward for the next iteration of both on real life and in the GT series. Really hoping for the GTSR and GT3 Viper racecars to be put in GT series as premiums. Would be nice to see the Oreca Vipers and the C5R get premium treatment. Loved Le Mans series in those years. We already have a great premium representation of the C6R Vette racers which are some of the best handling cars in the game.

Anyway back to our discussion on the Nurburgring. How can you have a problem with the Viper showing up to run a few laps in a half of day with a setup team when the ZR1 benefited from the factory developing it for weeks/months if memory serves, on the Nurburgring before production? The ZR1 has run way more laps on the Ring than the Viper ever has. Id bet had the ACR had a week to setup and run it would be quite a bit faster than the 7:12 it posted. Farnbacher seems to think so too. Also the splitter and suspension are adjustable from the factory so whats the problem with it being adjusted at the Ring? That is the whole purpose of its adjustability hence the term ACR.

Also didn't Jan Magnussen run the ZR1 with the newer MPSC's to its 7:18 time? He is a peer of Farnbacher so isn't that a wash in terms of racecar driver vs racecar driver? Correct me if Im wrong on the driver. I don't think it was Mero. This si the best we can do in a world with so many variables that can affect either car/driver. Different days, conditions etc. But I really feel that given equal conditions/drivers in an ideal world the Viper will still come out on top between the two simply because its just a tad bit more track focused with the aero.
 
Last edited:
Firstly I've been a big Corvette fan since I was little, so if it were a real choice the C7 would be coming home with me :D.

I've just done some testing of my own at Apricot Hill, 6 timed laps, default track settings, 0km, no oil, SH tyres, only ABS with brake balance being set at 8/7 for each car.

3. Shelby GT500 '13 for curiosity sake and I wish I hadn't. Very powerful motor in a chassis that just can't cope with it. Slow in, slow out, get straight and hit the throttle then brake early for the next corner.
Time: 1:29.435

2. Chevrolet Corvette C7 '14 and the real testing begins. Good engine though well down on the other 2 power wise. The front of the car didn't have as much grip as I'd like and the rear was a little twitchy on the limit. Overall it was easy to drive and with just a little tuning to the suspension would become a true track weapon.
Time: 1:28.642

1. SRT Viper GTS '13 and the winner it is. Not just on lap time but overall feel was just a little better for me. Nicer front grip allowed more precision turning in and the rear handled the power with ease and predictability.
Time: 1:26.673

I suspected the Corvette and the Viper would be very closely matched if I increased the power of the Vette and I was right. In the Corvette now running 640hp @ 574pp(vs Vipers 566pp) the fastest lap was virtually identical of the Viper.
Time: 1:26.626

Overall the Viper wins in a close one for me. The extra front grip allows for better precision and consistency. Take either car for whatever reason you like, there's not a lot in it. Just leave the Mustang in the garage or maybe a drag strip once in a while but don't bother trying to turn a corner with it :lol:
 
Most of my post was directed at your response but some of it was "in general" hence the stuff about the GT2/GT3, Vipers brakes and the track times list. :) Ive been in this type of discussion more times than I can count and I'm sure the same is probably true with you. We are pretty much on the same page in quite a few areas but I prefer discussions not heated arguments.

Nothing is heated though, there isn't anything from the text to indicate such and unless we can convey tone or conviction in these post then it is just a discussion.

The TA is a poor replacement for an ACR model. I believe the next ACR will be above and beyond the last one as Ralph said it will be radical and more powerful. So the TA is not the ACR's replacement as it is now. I don't know if they have a business case still for producing a new ACR because of the poor sales of the normal Vipers but I hope they have one to compete with Chevy's next killer Vette. The new Z06 alone is looking to be quite monstrous. Hopefully there will be a ZR1. I love the competition between the two. They have pushed each other to world class quality and performance. I look forward for the next iteration of both on real life and in the GT series. Really hoping for the GTSR and GT3 Viper racecars to be put in GT series as premiums. Would be nice to see the Oreca Vipers and the C5R get premium treatment. Loved Le Mans series in those years. We already have a great premium representation of the C6R Vette racers which are some of the best handling cars in the game.

Well I don't think anyone is really calling it that, it's just another Track viper that is street legal, until it dawns those three letter like the other two then I wouldn't call it a replacement either. Also GM hasn't said anything that would lead people to believe there wont be another ZR1. The representation is off on the C6r and I have plenty of post on that matter already.

Anyway back to our discussion on the Nurburgring. How can you have a problem with the Viper showing up to run a few laps in a half of day with a setup team when the ZR1 benefited from the factory developing it for weeks/months if memory serves, on the Nurburgring before production?

I'm pretty sure I did say the only car that deserve any merit for running a truthful lap from right off the road or dealership is the Radical.

The ZR1 has run way more laps on the Ring than the Viper ever has. Id bet had the ACR had a week to setup and run it would be quite a bit faster than the 7:12 it posted. Farnbacher seems to think so too. Also the splitter and suspension are adjustable from the factory so whats the problem with it being adjusted at the Ring? That is the whole purpose of its adjustability hence the term ACR.

That's not the point once again it was a racing team, it's not that hard to see why they setting it up and you doing it on your own will yield vastly different results. Many cars are adjustable but you don't get a race team to do it for you when you pick the car up at the dealership.

Also didn't Jan Magnussen run the ZR1 with the newer MPSC's to its 7:18 time? He is a peer of Farnbacher so isn't that a wash in terms of racecar driver vs racecar driver?

No it was an engineer that drove the car this last time, the whole Jan thing is a misconception for the last ZR1 run and even another run prior was an engineer driving. Last run was by Jim Mero, though to be fair the guy has been running Vettes since the mid 2000s at the Ring.

Correct me if Im wrong on the driver. I don't think it was Mero. This si the best we can do in a world with so many variables that can affect either car/driver. Different days, conditions etc. But I really feel that given equal conditions/drivers in an ideal world the Viper will still come out on top between the two simply because its just a tad bit more track focused with the aero.

It was Mero, there are plenty of videos and articles to confirm it. He also drove the Z06 too. I don't think so, the fact still remain the car is harder to drive and be competitive with over time than the ZR1. It's more detail setup car and relies on it to perform best, the Vette doesn't need as much setup work if any to do this. If these times were straight off the show room with the same guy driving both cars to the limit, then that would create a more realistic idea of who is better.
 
Since I get both of them in the Precision package when I get my game, I couldn't care less. I lust after both of them in white, the sexiest american cars in white IMO.

*Starts daydreaming about Obligatory Ring Laps in them :drool:
 
You do realize those are factory drivers doing those times, in regular hands or even semi-pro the car is a handful, the ACR is a better handling car than the current SRT due to the down force it generated and also why it got a better time around the ring. It was a glorified production track car, ZR1 had an AC unit, radio and actual comforts of an every day driver. Also ring numbers don't mean much if anything a collection of tracks should be looked at, the ring has been turned into a marketing tool.
The ZR1 is faster than the ACR, in a straight line. Even if it runs a faster lap, it's not from cornering speed.
Nothing is heated though, there isn't anything from the text to indicate such and unless we can convey tone or conviction in these post then it is just a discussion.



Well I don't think anyone is really calling it that, it's just another Track viper that is street legal, until it dawns those three letter like the other two then I wouldn't call it a replacement either. Also GM hasn't said anything that would lead people to believe there wont be another ZR1. The representation is off on the C6r and I have plenty of post on that matter already.



I'm pretty sure I did say the only car that deserve any merit for running a truthful lap from right off the road or dealership is the Radical.



That's not the point once again it was a racing team, it's not that hard to see why they setting it up and you doing it on your own will yield vastly different results. Many cars are adjustable but you don't get a race team to do it for you when you pick the car up at the dealership.



No it was an engineer that drove the car this last time, the whole Jan thing is a misconception for the last ZR1 run and even another run prior was an engineer driving. Last run was by Jim Mero, though to be fair the guy has been running Vettes since the mid 2000s at the Ring.



It was Mero, there are plenty of videos and articles to confirm it. He also drove the Z06 too. I don't think so, the fact still remain the car is harder to drive and be competitive with over time than the ZR1. It's more detail setup car and relies on it to perform best, the Vette doesn't need as much setup work if any to do this. If these times were straight off the show room with the same guy driving both cars to the limit, then that would create a more realistic idea of who is better.
Dude, the simple fact that you keep calling an ACR a "track car" shows in itself that you're really not getting it.

I haven't heard you mention the supercharger in the ZR1 though.

Now MY thinking, is that if "factory downforce and adjustable suspension + 70lbs of weight removed" makes it unfair, throwing a supercharger on one of the cars and not the other isn't fair either.


In closing, don't ignore that the equal powered SRT Viper not only beat the ZR1 at Laguna Seca, but also the ACR, and EVERYTHING ELSE.
We get that you love Corvette's, but don't talk about a Corvette's superior handling over the Vipers until it actually has it. ;) 👍
 
Back