15 anniversary cars super lap: round 2

• Thread starter Tangofry
  • 60 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
ToledoCupra
Congratulations to K-lm_1998 who is fastest around apricot hill so far. (Without any assists). Was 33rd last time I looked. All above are using srf, some are even using active steering and a whole load of abs! Fun!!

This needs to be sorted ASAP.

After spending about 2 hours I got to 1:16:026 at #55.
I can get 1.4 behind and the last checkpoint, then i lose 2 sec on the last part. I can't get close to how they do their chicane :( perhaps they have finedtuned their car, i just decreased motor effectiveness.

After spending about 2 hours I got to 1:16:026 at #55.
I can get 1.4 behind and the last checkpoint, then i lose 2 sec on the last part. I can't get close to how they do their chicane :( perhaps they have finedtuned their car, i just decreased motor effectiveness.

I see you on the score board. Good effort ivo ;). That's like me yesterday trying to get up as far as I could on the brandshatch super lap. Just got to within 1.6 secs to the fastest time. I was trying all sorts of different setups. It's the best way to learn a track :dopey:. I think it's being in the right gear, right speed, right line and most importantly eliminating wheel spin. Easy right :banghead:

Last edited:
What car is everyone using for this event?

Ive been using the Shelby GT500. Gotta do some fine-tuning.

I use some aids here and there, using a controller. Hoping for a driving wheel from Mr. (The Mrs.) Claus.

I think an added percentage for no driving aids would be cool. Sort of like the PP bonus in the ol' GT5.

Congratulations to K-lm_1998 who is fastest around apricot hill so far. (Without any assists). Was 33rd last time I looked. All above are using srf, some are even using active steering and a whole load of abs! Fun!!

This needs to be sorted ASAP.

Same thing with every game that has online rankings. Assisted players/gamers always in the top spots. The gaming industry loves players that exploit rookie assists. I play some FIFA and PES when not playing GT and they both have fully assisted controls as default and favours these in any online competition. Most players want to be superman and all publishers try to help them as best as they can.

I looked at the top of the leaderboard, almost everyone uses the R18, except to quattro ral lays around spot 10

1.20.866 with the HSV. Abs 1 only. Will try and improve and experiment with other motors.
Edit: that was on my second lap.

The best I've managed was a 1:16.905. I do feel accomplished for a ds3 player but I guess I've run out of
Skill. I need a wheel now.:lol:

The best I've managed was a 1:16.905. I do feel accomplished for a ds3 player but I guess I've run out of
Skill. I need a wheel now.:lol:
Knocked another second off mine there but i know how you feel about the wheel. I think i could find a few more seconds if i had one. It will be one of my first purchases in january. I only started driving without assists last week so im not going to be too harsh on myself.

Knocked another second off mine there but i know how you feel about the wheel. I think i could find a few more seconds if i had one. It will be one of my first purchases in january. I only started driving without assists last week so im not going to be too harsh on myself.
I know I could knock a solid 2 seconds off with a wheel, there's places I just can't get on the gas soon enough like after the hairpin. Just managed a 1:16.563 though, 300th exaclty :)

Last edited:
On my first go at the event I got a 1:17.475 which I suppose is alright. Easy gold which is good for money but prototypes are what I spend most of my time in so I want to be more competitive. But I don't know where to find nearly 4 seconds. Or even two for that matter. I think I've hit my talent wall quite early and know where I stand in terms of skill.

I just can't carry the corner speed that the top guys do. Whatever they do is insane, I'd like a dose of their talent :D

I've made it down to 1:16.323 with maybe enough room to break into 1:15.9xx range. Anyone on here faster with a ds3 want to give me some advice? I just can't quite slide through the corners like the top guys do with wheels, I end up losing speed.

Hello i need help, settings suggestions for the R18? i play with ds3 its handicap but i try to improve my skill.

Is using a wheel considered an aid?

I wouldn't say so, although I can see how a DS-3 user might feel that way.

I *do see using an R18 as an assist though. nerfing a ground-hugging, over powered machine(default 631 PP) is effectively equivalent to turning on TCS.

But people are gonna do what people do...

Using a tuned HSV ive made it to 238th place a 1.14.8
No drivers aids (except ABS 1) with a thrustmaster T500.

Am i the only person who thinks there should be seperate controller record and a wheel record? Tired of the people using DS3s with no driving skill besting me.

Back