15 anniversary cars super lap: round 2

• Thread starter Tangofry
  • 60 comments
Sorry buddy, but if guys are getting a 1:14:xx time then there must be some degree of skill involved
I know ill get a little hate for that comment and i agree theres SOME skill, however comparing a lap time using a DS3 versus someone using a Thrustmaster, G27, fantec etc. Isnt right.

I just dont like being beaten out by DS3 controllers.

I agree that theres SOME skill. I just dont like being beaten out by DS3 controllers.

Can I infer from your statements that DS3's are faster than whatever you are using?
Or are these "unskilled" drivers simply faster than you?
It's got to be one of those two, surely...

Can I infer from your statements that DS3's are faster than whatever you are using?
Or are these "unskilled" drivers simply faster than you?
It's got to be one of those two, surely...

Well both. While using a DS3 to that level does take skill. It doesnt take DRIVING skill.

I cannot argue that they are very good, but a DS3 has No reflection on your actual driving skills.

Just my opinion.

Well both. While using a DS3 to that level does take skill. It doesnt take DRIVING skill.

I cannot argue that they are very good, but a DS3 has No reflection on your actual driving skills.

Just my opinion.
Driving fast in GT6 does not necessarily reflect any actual driving skills, especially in an event where SRF is allowed.

But that is a discussion for another thread.

Just my opinion.

Actually, it's much more difficult to get a quick lap with the DS3 than a wheel. That means you need more skill to go as fast as a wheel with the DS3.

IM
Ive done a 1.15.3 and currently 86th but im really struggling to find any more! Any settings suggestions for the R18?
What car are you using please and set up as i have tried a couple and only seem to get silver grrr or any good setups would be great please :-) aids off please wheel user :-)

I used the Shelby Daytona Coupe. Only made 3 attempts with a DFGT and got a Silver. That was good enough for me because I hate Time Trials. I hope PD comes out with Seasonal Races soon.

IM

What car are you using please and set up as i have tried a couple and only seem to get silver grrr or any good setups would be great please :-) aids off please wheel user :-)

I havent got it to hand at the moment but apart from tweaking the suspension (which i spent ages tinkering with) the most important settings are the diff (5, 30, 5 roughly off the top of my head) and maximum downforce. This is on Audi R18. Should easily gold like that then its just down to playing with it to get the time down.

I have a Driving Force GT and I'm just as fast if I use a Controller, some people are just really good with a controller, it's actually easier for me to drive street cars with a controller than it is to use my wheel.

@Theace37

I use DS3 and I am currently ahead of thousands of wheel users in the rankings (they do not seem to be moaning about this), but I am also behind a few thousand wheel users too and I am not moaning about that either.

1:18.xxx with the HSV (ABS1 only), but I see more time to pick up with some tuning and practice.

I really couldn't care less about beating some people here...I just had a ball with the Daytona and then the Audi Quattro Rally car. Just.....could do that race over and over it was so much fun in those two cars. I think I will race that a lot more with the various car available, even though there will be no money involved.

I usually have different aids on..whatever it comes with, and have the G27 and the Playseat GT5 seat setup in front of a 42 inch HDTV (and also have a surround sound system that drives my family crazy upstairs while I am playing in the basement!!)

I grew up with PONG, Super Pitfall, Pacman, etc. I can't believe what fun and how realistic it is to play a game like this at home now. I am blessed.

Managed to get down to a 1:17.388 with the HSV-010 , only using ABS on 1 . In case anyone is interested I'll attach a video they can use as a reference ( or to point out my mistakes :P )
Downforce on minimum, changed the final gear to improve acceleration and set the LSD to 10/15/10 ( if I remember correctly )

Managed to get down to a 1:17.388 with the HSV-010 , only using ABS on 1.

Ha.. I have slotted in just a few places behind you now, with a 1:17.389. A little more fine tuning may get me another tenth or two yet. ;)

EDIT: Now @ 1:16.947. :D

Last edited:
How can you tell whether someone is using a ds3 or a wheel. Does the rankings tell you that?

Yes, move the cursor on to the name you want to check, press X button and you will see the information in the pop-up box.

Ha.. I have slotted in just a few places behind you now, with a 1:17.389. A little more fine tuning may get me another tenth or two yet. ;)

EDIT: Now @ 1:16.947. :D
Darn it, now I'll have to find more than a couple of tenths :P Still not really happy with my transmission settings and as far as I know the transmission "trick" doesn't work in GT6 so it's a case of trial and error :banghead:

Using the HSV Anniversary, but failing in getting lower than 1.17...anyone has a suitable setup?

Update: fiddled a bit with the tune up, and managed a 1:16:851 and i still have some turn to improve.

Update 2: kept the setup and worked on lines on mid sector and final sector...sitting atm at 1.16.433

Seems that i keep losing some time on central sector and on last chicane...damn.

Last edited:
I just dont like being beaten out by DS3 controllers.

try harder then :P you've got the faster setup

a DS3 has No reflection on your actual driving skills.

i disagree, when i watch my replays and look at the indicators showing braking and throttle inputs, balancing a car on the throttle through a corner etc, its very similar to what you'd be doing in real life with the pedals

Regarding these self-promotionals about "people not using aids"...

How did you guys get under the PP restriction with the R18 or HSV without using aids? They have baselines of about 100 PP and 50 PP over the restriction respectively. Or are you ignoring the fact that using the limiter is, practically speaking, an assist little different than someone applying traction control AND adding a mid range AND high range turbo? (The R18 and HSV are designed for higher speed turns and have almost unlimited torque for most of the curve when power-limited down to 550pp) for the R18 and a similar boost in performance (although slightly less) with the HSV?

Note: I'm not against anyone using any aids, or for that matter, against anyone not using any aids. Just curious how you can say things like "with only ABS=1", or "don't use Aids" as if you're not gaming the game as much as someone with a bevy of assists enabled.

Regarding these self-promotionals about "people not using aids"...

How did you guys get under the PP restriction with the R18 or HSV without using aids? They have baselines of about 100 PP and 50 PP over the restriction respectively. Or are you ignoring the fact that using the limiter is, practically speaking, an assist little different than someone applying traction control AND adding a mid range AND high range turbo? (The R18 and HSV are designed for higher speed turns and have almost unlimited torque for most of the curve when power-limited down to 550pp) for the R18 and a similar boost in performance (although slightly less) with the HSV?

Note: I'm not against anyone using any aids, or for that matter, against anyone not using any aids. Just curious how you can say things like "with only ABS=1", or "don't use Aids" as if you're not gaming the game as much as someone with a bevy of assists enabled.

I can get what you're saying about the use of the R18 and HSV, in a sense.

Why do people mention what aids they use or not? Achieving certain laptimes without aids is more difficult than achieving the same time with aids. ( to a certain extent, I think we can all agree that some aids actually slow you down in some situations and that some aids are just plain ridiculous ).
Look at it this way : say that someone records a 1:17 lap without using any aids and another person records the exact same laptime using all possible aids, both are using a HSV or R18.
Who will be rated higher? Who will be considered a better driver? The one not using aids

Knowing that you can post the same laptimes as person X without using aids can be a motivation/ego boost/whatever.
On top of that, if someone can achieve better laptimes than me, using aids in the process, I consider it a challenge to beat them.
This is, after all, something competitive.
Do I look down on them because they use something legitimate? Nope, I'm having fun, they're having fun = everyone's happy.

But of course , there are always people getting all high and mighty for not using aids and using a wheel and who mock the DS3 players who use aids, but those are a minority.

Last edited:
Hello ! I use the R18 TDI and get 1:14.954 () , not simply but this is a great car..! I'm 292th worldwide. Now , go to the SPA events :D

@Darkcraft, I get what you're saying and agree in principle with every word. Unfortunately, the minority that does complain is awfully vocal about it, but oddly silent when questions like mine are asked. ;)

@Darkcraft, I get what you're saying and agree in principle with every word. Unfortunately, the minority that does complain is awfully vocal about it, but oddly silent when questions like mine are asked. ;)
That is a shame, even more so as it happens with almost everything people can disagree on :). These days, how pathetic it might seem, I'm happy when I stumble upon some people that can have a decent discussion ( and agree to disagree in some cases )

Back