16 Car Arcade Grid ???

GT6 Arcade Sucks
I agree, especially taking into account that GT5's arcade mode had 16 cars, normal rolling starts, mechanical damage, and fuel/tire wear.
There were also custom one-make races with standing starts but those only had 8 cars on track.
I don't think the removal of those features offline had anything to do with hardware, it seems PD simply doesn't care about including proper races offline.

FS7
I agree, especially taking into account that GT5's arcade mode had 16 cars, normal rolling starts, mechanical damage, and fuel/tire wear.
There were also custom one-make races with standing starts but those only had 8 cars on track.
I don't think the removal of those features offline had anything to do with hardware, it seems PD simply doesn't care about including proper races offline.
I'd guess it's directly related to the increase in resolution from 1280 to 1440 x 1080. The extra demands on the hardware means less cars on track and the abandonment of standing starts because the frame rate hits were too high.

I'd rather just have a proper (with all the game's options available) event maker, where you can save the event settings and even share the races you make with your friends.

Then arcade mode could have been reserved to an actual arcade mode. Like with arcade handling, points and whatnot. The time rally mode could be grouped under this as well.

I'd guess it's directly related to the increase in resolution from 1280 to 1440 x 1080. The extra demands on the hardware means less cars on track and the abandonment of standing starts because the frame rate hits were too high.
The smaller grids I can see as a result of that, but not lack of fuel/tire wear options.

I really miss the one-make races.

I really miss fast paced arcade races like 16 car FGT Races Like Indycar at Indianapolis and LMP Battles at La Sarthe and Close GT races at Nurburgring know what I'm saying.

I hope it comes back..

Back