16 people online?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Frippe
  • 34 comments
  • 2,751 views
Messages
36
Messages
Frippe
I have yet seen a race with 16 people. Some races say 6-16 players, but when checking info it says first place if 12 people racing win: BLA BLA.

So has anyone raced with 15 others?
 
Yes, when the online was first introduced I saw online races with 16 people, was very junpy, now I play races with something like 6/7 people max. Works better this way.
 
I see people here on the forum talking about races with 16 people. I have still not been able to race with 16. 12 seems to be my limit. Is there any settings that can be done or do anyone have any idea why I cant get more than 12 people in online races?
 
I thought it was based on the quality of connection (collectively?)
 
I haven't seen more than about 10 people... I don't care what connection I have I really want a 16 player race...
 
But if you start in 16th place, you got no chance of getting 1st.
 
I thought it was based on the quality of connection (collectively?)

i thought so too...:)
anyway i raced yesterday online and did the same race over and over and one time there are 8 players and the next time 16..and than 5 etc etc....
so,it must be related to or conn qual./or just howmany people are entering that race at that particular moment....
spyrrari.
 
I've had races with 16 players many times. It also depends on which track your racing i think
 
i've had lots of 16p races so far, most of them lag-free, usually starting last though :(
 
I think the grid it arranged now by that new points system... the weakest car starts first... I think thats quite neat rather than starting from when you connected to the race...
 
Starting last means you are top dog. It means you are the best racer I think. The worst racers start at pole! Somebody verify or make me shut my mouth.
When I start last I feel convident, when I don't start last I feel intimidated. I prefer starting last, because you can ride in de aero dynamic shadow (sorry how do you call this again? (^_^)) of somebody before you.
 
I think the grid it arranged now by that new points system... the weakest car starts first... I think thats quite neat rather than starting from when you connected to the race...

yeah agree thats a good thing!!👍
(hope they will do this in formula1 too.....that will make it alot more entertaining to watch!!...:sly:)
spyrrari.
 
I wonder why I never get more than 12. It says that Fuji F Expert should allow 16 players, but I never get more than 12. And I doubt it has something to do with my connection. Have 20 mbps downstream and 3 mbps upstream. I guess I usually have the best connection as I pretty much always get to be host.
 
Correct me if I am wrong, but isnt the PRO races only time trial?
 
Starting last means you are top dog. It means you are the best racer I think. The worst racers start at pole! Somebody verify or make me shut my mouth.
When I start last I feel convident, when I don't start last I feel intimidated. I prefer starting last, because you can ride in de aero dynamic shadow (sorry how do you call this again? (^_^)) of somebody before you.

i thought you started last because you had the faster car. i'm not sure about being the best racer.
 
...you can ride in de aero dynamic shadow (sorry how do you call this again? (^_^)) of somebody before you.

Slipstream ;)👍
 
hmm FM2 can be jumpy with 8 so it's going to be interesting when with 16 players ...
 
But if you start in 16th place, you got no chance of getting 1st.

When did it become all about getting first? That's the kind of mentality that will result in wreckers ruining the game. It ought to be about having fun and doing your best. First or not.

I dunno about you guys but if I come 5th out of a field of 16 i'll be very happy. We can't all win.
 
I find the game system and connection quality metering pretty bad. When there are six players, it's silky smooth and really good race. But most of the time, game just fill the pole with 12 racers, choose me with pretty bad connection as a host and cars are just everywhere, skidding wildly all over place and all players are disgusted and disconnected few minutes after seeing that. How nice would be to press (X) in the moment when race is loading and six players are in the list and go!
 
Starting last means you are top dog. It means you are the best racer I think. The worst racers start at pole!

A) Wrong
B) Whoever told you that, you should slap him silly next time you saw him.

i thought you started last because you had the faster car. i'm not sure about being the best racer.

I don't think so. May be with the lowest P.W.R, but definitely not because the car is fastest.
 
When did it become all about getting first? That's the kind of mentality that will result in wreckers ruining the game. It ought to be about having fun and doing your best. First or not.

I dunno about you guys but if I come 5th out of a field of 16 i'll be very happy. We can't all win.
I think this is a very good, wise advice. It made me realize what a messed up mindset I have. 👍

I've played a lot of basketball, and I kind of have that "win at all cost" kind of mentality.(also "if you are not cheating, you are not trying", no, I didn't say that) While I know I would display good sportsmanship if I were racing online with you guys, putting more focus on driving better, not "beating other cars", that obviously will lead to more fun for everybody, including yourself.

Sorry for off-topicness, and the advice should be really obvious to many people, but there are people/gamers like me too, and I thought the advice deserved an little recognition. :dopey:
 
The car with the lowest number of performance points (PP) starts on pole. Performance points are determined by your, power, weight, tyre, and aero settings.
 
Since the latest patch and new online events I had a few 15 and 16 player races they were all very laggy, I've mostly been racing the 600PP race at Suzuka which is standard mode, so 16 players in standard mode + lag = dust clouds and total carnage. So I'd rather go back to 12 player races with no lag.
 
RTFM !

There are races especially for players with slow/bad connection.
They are marked with a little image besides them which shows only one little symbol of a person.
The ones which show two persons are for good/faster connections.

The number of players depends wether if its an event for good or bad connection.

And the only race-event which is for a full (16 players) grid is Suzuka at this time.
I raced this event several times against 15 opponents without any problems.
(I have a 16MBit broadband connection.)

As for the Grid / starting position:
The lower the PP the (presumeably) slower is the car.
So the slowest is positioned first on the grid and the fastest (most PP) at the back.

If there are cars with equal PP they are positioned randomly.

And my opinion is that the slowest cars have to be in the back and not in front.

If there were qualifying sessions already in the game the fastest would be in front row (as in real life) and not in the backrow.

The situation for now is that the faster ones have to overtake the slower ones first which leads to accidents...

And also you can watch people gaining an advantage (good starting position) with adjusting their PP to a number slightly lower than the allowed maximum.
 
Back