1886 Carriage and The Longest Lap of My Life.

• Thread starter Omnis
  • 71 comments

Omnis

Not Even A Real Mod
Staff Emeritus
United States
Application hell
MP-Omnis
well everybody, i won the Mercedes-Benz Daimler Motor Carriage (1886) and decided i would undertake in the most grueling of races....the nurburgring.

that failed.

so, i tried the next best choice, which was Circuit de la Sarthe II. i dont think anyone has attempted a full lap around this track, or even cleared the uphill chicane for that matter. I did. i have lots of pics and video proving it as well...i also saved the replay for anyone who cares enough to put me under speculation.

i put a piece of paper with my username and gtplanet.net on it on my television screen. maybe this is a new world record... i dont know. lol. anyone care to direct me to some kind of international gt4 times database?

anyway, there you have it...for your viewing pleasure. i can post more pics or a video of how i cleared the chicane later if you want.

so start commenting, and see if you have the inspiration to become a carriage master, like yours truly. :sly:

GT4 Weekly Race Series Week 1, anyone?

I tried doing this to try and annihilate his record, but I was defeated by the first bump in the road.... :(

does this car have any upgradable parts?

it would look really funny with alloy wheels and disk brakes

how much pure torque does this bad boy have?

and resale price?

yer i have to wait til thrusday

speed_freak
Whats the 400m time on that like over a minute?
What kind of speed did u reach on the straight of the track.
On a flat, you can get up to 11. 12 if you're lucky.

bucket of water

and resale price?

This bad boy makes the Cappucino look like a supercar.

Only 1Hp and a top speed of.....12Mph.

bucket of water

and resale price?

1. no. i think you can perform a chassis stiffening though. i'll need to check again.
2. how much do you think? 1hp/650rpms. torque isn't any greater.
3. it can't be bought, and you're not getting any money if you decide to sell it. it's strictly a novelty.

top speed is 11mph, and it hits 12 just before it bogs out. my fastest top speed though was about 60mph on the ring. you need to tap the e-brake and roll in neutral whenever possible. the only thing really impressive about the car is its turning radius and super cool driver guy (who looks like a fool).

McLaren F1GTR
This bad boy makes the Cappucino look like a supercar.

Only 1Hp and a top speed of.....12Mph.

you beat me to it. :lol:

the cappuccino IS a supercar! the Motor Carriage makes my legs look like a damn supercar.

zr2man
Omnis, Why?

I put the motor carraige through the 400m and it does it in 1:38!

Why? Why not? :sly: 👍

i needed a few brain cells to expire anyway.

zr2man
Omnis, Why?

I put the motor carraige through the 400m and it does it in 1:38!

man common, you arn't doing this car justice, i just pulled a smokin 1:27.3 and that was with hitting the rev limiter once, that had to have slowed me down an easy 2 seconds

Greyout
actually it requires just over 8 ft-lbs of torque to produce 1hp @ 650rpm

too bad there are no drag slicks in the game

and that is basically crap compared to what one actual horse can pull. lol.

so nurburg is not possible because of the elevation changes?..... just curious why you gave up on going 13 miles in that speed demon :P

Acroth
so nurburg is not possible because of the elevation changes?..... just curious why you gave up on going 13 miles in that speed demon :P

yeah.....no matter how much speed you make on the first downhill, you cannot make the uphill section of the first eastbound straight. also, i would think the uphill portion of the starting grid would be a challenge to climb. if you dont floor it before the autodrive shuts off, you will not be able to make it, and will roll downhill again.

but le sarthe is pretty long too...so :crazy:

LMAO. I might have to try that if I get bored and need something to keep from lobotomizing myself.

rotfl.gif

Back