1965 Armstrong 500 cortina gt500 Jack Murray 12d info

• Thread starter acode66
  • 7 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi Guys, hoping to see if anyone can help on the above car if possible. Is there any records or documentation which shows vin or chassis numbers of the cars that raced in these races? Thanks in advance

This site has possibly helpful vin and chassis number identification information for Cortinas:
http://www.lotuscortinainfo.com/?page_id=943

...Cortina GT500 - Australia's answer to the Cortina Lotus produced to comply with the local build requirements to be able to be raced of 100 units; initial batch 122, as opposed to running the Cortina Lotus which would have been imported with a minimum requirement of 250 - built by and intended for Harry Firth in the 1965 Bathurst 500 was clocked at 118 mph down conrod straight using a 3.9 diff, lotus gearbox, large diameter (non radial) tyres and 7,900 rpm.
from wikipedia

More info on the GT500
https://forums.autosport.com/topic/122402-cortina-gt500-fords-bathurst-special-of-1965/

Last edited:
Does anyone have a list of vin numbers, engine numbers or sido numbers of the cars that raced in 1965? i am trying to put together a car that supposedly raced in October 3rd 1965

Hi, im aware of this car as i was actually going to purchase it around 2002, it was then owned by a guy called Jock Peden

Yeah i actually gave Jock Peden a $2000 deposit by bank transfer and told him i would pay the balance upon pickup of the car the following weekend. Anyway, the day before i was to pick the car up he told me it was sold.
He never gave me my deposit back so im hoping karma finally caught up with that prick is he is hopefully dead by now.
After seeing how dodgy he was i highly doubt that was even the Jack Murray Bathurst car anyway. Cant help you with vin numbers but thought i would share some history to do with the car haha

Wow, never knew that, Yes he has passed away, I purchased the car off a fella who purchased it from Jock Peden. I have gone back through all the paperwork and previous owners etc and it all seems to stack up

Back