1st PS3 Review

Just got the game today and only got playing it for a couple of hours, just in TT mode, but enough to want to share some first impressions, particularly in comparison to F1:CE:

PS3 version
G25 wheel and pedals, HD 26" TV
All driver aids off

Handling:

I started off by taking a McLaren for a spin around Istanbul park. The physics were never going to be authentic , but they do make you feel like you're an F1 pilot. What struck me firstly was that you can place the car where you want to instinctively and kiss the apexes with much greater ease than in F1:CE. The car also tends to hug the corners rather than plow straight on as in F1:CE, yet at low speeds you have to be very delicate with the throttle, rather than mash it without consequence as in F1:CE - very different.

At certain times, a hot lap in F1:CE resembled steering a rocket through a point to point geometry exercise - it was more about putting the car at the perfect angle for the corner at the perfect moment and just blasting through it. F1 2010 felt a little more like go karting, where you could attack a corner naturally and rely on the amazing grip to hang on in the corner. There's a certain arcadey feeling to this, which at the same time I think is more representative of how to drive an F1 car, even if it is easier. I hope this makes sense!

Still, overall it is a far easier game to be a decent standard at than F1:CE, which probably has a greater window of lap time to be made up - I imagine the limits will be found more easily and consistently in F1 2010. I believe F1:CE takes more precision to go fast than in F1 2010, and in that sense it is more realistic as F1 2010's handling is very forgiving. But at the same time it's not the same type of precision - it has nothing to do with feel but rather just plain judgement of the angles of corner entry, and I find the driving experience of F1 2010 to be more organic, progressive and natural, even if it does have its own set of quirks.

Oversteer seems almost uncorrectable in F1 2010. Granted it is impossible to correct slides in an F1 car once you've gone beyond a certain point, but the car's reaction to your correction is always the same in this game and it always results in a spin anyway - feels like a scripted event.

On the positive side, if you slam on the brakes you will lock up and go straight on at the corner. You have to modulate both your braking and throttle application to put a good lap together. It felt really brilliant braking for the Bus Stop chicane at Spa, initially braking hard then feathering it slightly, then tip toeing on the throttle through the corner before unleashing the engine once I had the car straightened out down the pitstraight - I can genuinely feel the difference in car handling between the low and high speed stuff.

Most of all though, the handling feels fun.

FFB

I didn't have all the effects turned up to full so I can't make a conclusive judgement, but the FFB transmits very little of what the car is actually doing, so much as in GT5D you find the limits of traction by repetition rather than feel :indiff:
The overall effects feel very dull compared with F1:CE. Pretty disappointed with this side of things tbh. They're OK, but they could have been so much more, I'll reserve final judgement till I tweak my settings.

Graphics

Honestly? Really, really substandard. I never quite got the hype about this game's graphics supposedly being the best in an F1 game ever. They're far, far inferior to F1:CE's in just about every respect. The colours are poorer, they're not as sharp, the frame rate takes away from the sense of speed a tad, and the reflections are literally about 5fps - pathetic. I think the Ego engine basically has a limited ability with graphics that Codemasters have been trying to cover up with fancy bloom effects and painting everything in that yellowy, brown turd colour. I hope they use a fresh engine for F1 2011. Granted, a PC with a good graphics card probably looks a lot better, but you can't really blame the PS3 too much for this when you take one look at GT5, or as I say, even F1:CE.

Those are my thoughts for the time being, I'm shattered and have to be in work in the morning! :yuck:

Right feel I need to post some pointers about this game as there seems to be alot of negative views on it! And as some will know I tend to be posertive in my views. So to start this is the PS3 version I'm playing.

First up, only got the game today and only managed to but around 6 hours in and a quick online race with Jambo GT.

Had a quick chat with Jambo and he's of the same opinion as me, the game is fantastic and were a bit bemused at the downer alot of GTP members have voiced on here.

Graphics are good, very good in fact, all the stuff you expect from the PS3 is there, framerate is solid and effects like the wet track, drying lines, rubering of the track and the crashes are very detailed indeed. Some of the reflections and the rear view mirrors are low detailed but thats as picky as I'm getting. There are alot of nice touches from the pit crew through to the changeing lighting as the weather changes which really stand out.

Handeling.....can't say I have had the pleasure / Terror of driving an F1 car but I feel like the car I'm driving is prety close to it, reminds me of an old Yamaha RD500 I used to ride....2 stroke madness, the power kicks in and your just there for the ride.....tried hockenhiem in the wet online and as the revs hit around 6k it was a similar thing to the bike LOL
I'm using the new DFGT wheel (the GT5 one) and the steering imputs seem spot on, FFB is very good, with a good range of settings to get it just right for you. The cars of course have huge amounts of grip due to the downforce but sod all in the slow bends....this is felt by getting on the power to early in a slow bend and watching the car swap ends or nailing the apex of a high speed bend with the throtle wide open making you wonder how the cars still griping and if it dose let go at this point theres nothing you can do about it LOL

Damage....lost a nose cone or two and had a few trips into the gravel which left me with "slippy tyres" also had the usual worn rear tyres...in the wet...that was interesting LOL apart from that not had the misfortune of anything else, though speaking with jambo he failed to finish an online race after killing the car in a wall, and had a tussel in the race we were in with another driver and had to pit with a puntcher!

The pits.......online pits guys....been a while eh! coplete with deminishing tyres and fuel, mandatory stops, pit lane speed limiters....the list goes on, a welcome return I say, not expierenced and bugs or glytches while in there either.

Car tuning....yep lots of it, quick tune for those not into it and a quite comprehensive system for those that are!

Sound......this I have to say is one of the best sounding racing games ever utrn it up and enjoy, I'm using the turtle beach headset and WOW!!

Online......only had a quick blast, but from what I experienced all looked good, cars seemed grounded, no jumping about and we raced in the rain which didn't seem to phase it in the slightest and there was no noticable slowdown or lowering of graphical content. Comms were very clear also and getting into a race or setting one up was very easy and comprehensive, liked the lobby system also where you could invite your friends and then go and search for a race. Also the cars are identicly tuned so it's an even playing feild.

Single player.....I stuck it straight onto hardcore, no assists ect ect, joined lotus for my first season and then slowly learned the track and car through practice and qualifieing, manageing a paultry 22nd position on the grid....the raceing was fantastic, the AI coupled with the cars handleing made for very close racing, and clean racing at that. Nice to see other cars spinning out and horendous crashes happening up in front as you slowly make your way through the field.

Overall...great game, yes a sim! not arcade. to be honest the trade off between playable racing and full sim is there, though there's just enough there to make the game fun not frustrating. They have got the level right, I doubt anyone here could drive a F1 car consistantly at GP level let alone remotly through a TV screen so to that end it's not 100% sim.....but if it was noone could play it! The feeling of speed and being on the edge in a car that surpasses anything most of us will ever drive performance wise is there in spades, but it makes it fun and exiteing rather than a crash fest. If your into racing games get it, if your an F1 nut why haven't you got it yet?

Not concerned with 360 or PC versions, this game has a huge online potential and will be gracing my blueray drive till GT comes along, enjoy it, it's the best F1 game so far. 9/10

Here is my review after about 3 hours with it. I cant attest for the FFB since I havent used my wheel yet. The career mode is great, however, I find that the AI is too easy to beat. As for the driving, if you miss the braking point for a hairpin, the car just goes straight off. Compared to F1:CE, the sensation of speed isnt there like it was in CE. You can drive the cars in CE really hard, but in F1 2010, if you drive that way, you will slide the car wide every corner. I played online for about half that time and enjoyed it a lot. Same format as Dirt2 which I loved and it seems the punters have already gotten on to it. My rating for it so far is 9/10.

PS: Have not encountered any bugs so far. The pit limiter problem is easily fixed, if you keep your finger on the throttle the car will stay at 62 mph.

So you start to push and push and push untill ...

Oops ... Framerates dropped ... The faster you go , the more feels that this game was not entirely ready and they wanted to sell as many copies as possible before the competition took their sales away.

I knew it! Just knew this would happen.
I was afraid that Codemasters EGO engine wouldnt be up to the job. It being a multi-format release(unlike previous F1's), they just don't know how to take full advantage of the abilities of each console the game is running on.
I don't care how detailed the visuals are, how much daft career/story modes they put into it or anything else, F1:CE set a visual standard for F1 games on console, and any future games in the series should be at least be equal if not better.
Smooth, crisp, F1:CE. I think I will be sticking with you.
Codemasters, you suck.

Yeah it is kinda disappointing how chuggy the engine gets at times, and that's on the 360 version which is supposed to be slightly better. Sigh. They had high aspirations and just ran out of time on some stuff. That being said, it is still vastly more fun and intense then GRiD. So that's good I suppose. ;)

Just got the game today and only got playing it for a couple of hours, just in TT mode, but enough to want to share some first impressions, particularly in comparison to F1:CE:

PS3 version
G25 wheel and pedals, HD 26" TV
All driver aids off

Handling:

I started off by taking a McLaren for a spin around Istanbul park. The physics were never going to be authentic , but they do make you feel like you're an F1 pilot. What struck me firstly was that you can place the car where you want to instinctively and kiss the apexes with much greater ease than in F1:CE. The car also tends to hug the corners rather than plow straight on as in F1:CE, yet at low speeds you have to be very delicate with the throttle, rather than mash it without consequence as in F1:CE - very different.

At certain times, a hot lap in F1:CE resembled steering a rocket through a point to point geometry exercise - it was more about putting the car at the perfect angle for the corner at the perfect moment and just blasting through it. F1 2010 felt a little more like go karting, where you could attack a corner naturally and rely on the amazing grip to hang on in the corner. There's a certain arcadey feeling to this, which at the same time I think is more representative of how to drive an F1 car, even if it is easier. I hope this makes sense!

Still, overall it is a far easier game to be a decent standard at than F1:CE, which probably has a greater window of lap time to be made up - I imagine the limits will be found more easily and consistently in F1 2010. I believe F1:CE takes more precision to go fast than in F1 2010, and in that sense it is more realistic as F1 2010's handling is very forgiving. But at the same time it's not the same type of precision - it has nothing to do with feel but rather just plain judgement of the angles of corner entry, and I find the driving experience of F1 2010 to be more organic, progressive and natural, even if it does have its own set of quirks.

Oversteer seems almost uncorrectable in F1 2010. Granted it is impossible to correct slides in an F1 car once you've gone beyond a certain point, but the car's reaction to your correction is always the same in this game and it always results in a spin anyway - feels like a scripted event.

On the positive side, if you slam on the brakes you will lock up and go straight on at the corner. You have to modulate both your braking and throttle application to put a good lap together. It felt really brilliant braking for the Bus Stop chicane at Spa, initially braking hard then feathering it slightly, then tip toeing on the throttle through the corner before unleashing the engine once I had the car straightened out down the pitstraight - I can genuinely feel the difference in car handling between the low and high speed stuff.

Most of all though, the handling feels fun.

FFB

I didn't have all the effects turned up to full so I can't make a conclusive judgement, but the FFB transmits very little of what the car is actually doing, so much as in GT5D you find the limits of traction by repetition rather than feel
The overall effects feel very dull compared with F1:CE. Pretty disappointed with this side of things tbh. They're OK, but they could have been so much more, I'll reserve final judgement till I tweak my settings.

Graphics

Honestly? Really, really substandard. I never quite got the hype about this game's graphics supposedly being the best in an F1 game ever. They're far, far inferior to F1:CE's in just about every respect. The colours are poorer, they're not as sharp, the frame rate takes away from the sense of speed a tad, and the reflections are literally about 5fps - pathetic. I think the Ego engine basically has a limited ability with graphics that Codemasters have been trying to cover up with fancy bloom effects and painting everything in that yellowy, brown turd colour. I hope they use a fresh engine for F1 2011. Granted, a PC with a good graphics card probably looks a lot better, but you can't really blame the PS3 too much for this when you take one look at GT5, or as I say, even F1:CE.

Those are my thoughts for the time being, I'm shattered and have to be in work in the morning!

I pretty much agree with your comparison of F1CE & F1 2010, Shaggy. I don't think the graphics of F1 2010 are that bad - just take a little getting used to, but they are certainly nothing special & didn't merit the hype that was put out about them. Yes, the handling is more "organic" than in F1CE, which is a good thing, & there is more "feel" to the steering, even though the FFB effects are a bit muted.

I think you'll find that one of the good things about the game, once you start racing, is the interactiveness of the AI cars - they're fairly fast, but unlike the remorseless bots in F1CE, they do make mistakes & they do react to your driving to a much greater degree. In F1CE I always feel like you are really driving against yourself - you are forced to keep up a relentless pace & avoid any major mistakes in order to match the AI. In F1 2010 the actual races are quite exciting & immersive with a sense of real interplay with the other cars.

In the end, I quite like the F1 2010 physics, but I do feel they could have been more demanding on the hardest setting. It's too easy to drive fast & I'm starting to feel that it may not take very long to be able to consistently beat the AI, a point that took much, much longer to arrive at in F1CE.

how does it compare with Ferrari challenge?

Is that a serious question?

Graphics aren't really much better IMO. FC graphics had a richness of detail & texture that is lacking in F1 2010. However, the overall effect is much more realistic in F1 2010 because the colour palette was so odd in FC. The issue is, nobody ever claimed the graphics were that good in FC or SCC, whereas there was a lot of talk about how great the graphics would be in F1 2010, which doesn't turn out to be the case.

Frame-rate wasn't so great in FC, but it was always easy to see the track clearly, which I find is sometimes a problem in F1 2010.

The FFB in F1 2010 is decent, but (unfortunately) doesn't even begin to compare with FC/SCC. (That would be too much to hope for ... :indiff: )

Last edited:
Erm, Biggles, F1:CE the AI drivers are 'remorseless bots?' Are you serious? F1:CE has the most realistic AI in any PS3 game to date, and it offers the most thrilling offline racing I have ever experienced.
Having read what people have said about both the handling (typical Codemasters 'realistic but accessible' garbage), and the visuals (yet again, standard Codemasters EGO engine problems), I will not be getting F1 2010.
Sad as it may seem, F1:CE - a PS3 launch game for heaven's sake - is still the best F1 racing to be had on console.
Come back Studio Liverpool, we need you.

Erm, Biggles, F1:CE the AI drivers are 'remorseless bots?' Are you serious? F1:CE has the most realistic AI in any PS3 game to date, and it offers the most thrilling offline racing I have ever experienced.

Sorry, but the countless times I saw cars just ram right into a spinning car with plenty of time to move or just completely ignore the fact I exist and spin me out in F1CE goes against what you are saying.

Anyways, have you even played this game or are you just doing the usual blindly bashing a game like you usually do?

(Oh, and by the way, GT5 will also feature "realistic but accessible" physics)

Is that a serious question?

Graphics aren't really much better IMO. FC graphics had a richness of detail & texture that is lacking in F1 2010. However, the overall effect is much more realistic in F1 2010 because the colour palette was so odd in FC. The issue is, nobody ever claimed the graphics were that good in FC or SCC, whereas there was a lot of talk about how great the graphics would be in F1 2010, which doesn't turn out to be the case.

Frame-rate wasn't so great in FC, but it was always easy to see the track clearly, which I find is sometimes a problem in F1 2010.

The FFB in F1 2010 is decent, but (unfortunately) doesn't even begin to compare with FC/SCC. (That would be too much to hope for ... :indiff: )

It was :dopey: & thanks for your reply 👍

hope I am not making a big mistake here but I decided to buy it since I am a big F1 fan and really want to try out some of the new tracks: Singapore, Korea, Valencia, & Abu Dhabi ... as far as i know, they will not be in GT5 :grumpy:

It was :dopey: & thanks for your reply 👍

hope I am not making a big mistake here but I decided to buy it since I am a big F1 fan and really want to try out some of the new tracks: Singapore, Korea, Valencia, & Abu Dhabi ... as far as i know, they will not be in GT5 :grumpy:

It's a fun game, don't expect it to be the greatest game ever though, I think that is why so many people are complaining, they were expecting the greatest game ever from what is basically Codemaster's first attempt at F1.

Sorry, but the countless times I saw cars just ram right into a spinning car with plenty of time to move or just completely ignore the fact I exist and spin me out in F1CE goes against what you are saying.

Anyways, have you even played this game or are you just doing the usual blindly bashing a game like you usually do?

(Oh, and by the way, GT5 will also feature "realistic but accessible" physics)

I always liked the inability of the AI to overtake you if you were driving slowly recovering from a spin.

Good summary on the game too, remembering that is the first attempt in the series and F1CE was the 10th attempt from Studio Liverpool, I think they've done a pretty good job. With a patch, you're looking at even more enjoyable game. The potential for future releases is good, like with many of Codies releases atm.

Graphics are fine, it's 720p afterall. The only problem that I had (albeit I didn't spend exhaustive time playing) is with the steering controls. Codemasters has those 'saturation' and 'linearity' sliders that just blow my mind for some reason. Can't wrap my head completely around it, but after doing laps at 0% then 100% and then back somewhere in the middle I got the steering sorted. But still having comfort troubles with the throttle settings. Will spend more time this weekend and try to gain a handle on that.

think you will find that 100% is more gentel the lower you go it gets more fierce

Having read what people have said about both the handling (typical Codemasters 'realistic but accessible' garbage), and the visuals (yet again, standard Codemasters EGO engine problems), I will not be getting F1 2010.
Sad as it may seem, F1:CE - a PS3 launch game for heaven's sake - is still the best F1 racing to be had on console.
Come back Studio Liverpool, we need you.

If you've read any of my comments on F1CE, you would know that I am big fan & think that the AI is first rate, as far as it goes. However, in F1CE that AI amounts mostly to just driving very fast & getting out of your way when you are faster. It makes for very exciting offline racing, but the onus is entirely on you to drive consistently fast.

In F1 2010 (as far as I have been able to tell so far), the AI is more varied in its driving & more interactive with what you're doing. This also makes for exciting offline racing. At this point (may be modified with more experience), I would come right out & say that F1 2010 has the best AI I've seen in a PS3 racing title.

I'm not sure the physics are any more realistic in F1CE than in F1 2010, but driving fast in F1CE requires great precision in inputs, which makes it very demanding. It seems to me (so far), that F1 2010 is overall more forgiving, requiring less precision than F1CE. This is what makes it "accessible". However, unlike Shift, at least the physics in F1 2010 seem (so far) to be entirely consistent.

I prefer the graphics of F1CE, but the graphics of F1 2010 aren't terrible, they're just terrible compared to the brilliance we had been led to expect by pre-release videos (lesson: everything looks great in a tiny You Tube video if you want it to. ;) )

A friend of mine has bought F1 2010 only today - I see he was playing it via my friends list on my PS3. I sent him a message asking how good it was.
Now this guy is a huge fan of F1 and F1:CE was practially the only PS3 game he played.
His answer to my question: "Bloody brilliant. Beats F1:CE in every department apart from the graphics. The handling isn't as twitchy too, and overall it's a more fun game to play."
Hmmm. A drop in graphical quality was what I was expecting, but dammit I loved the twitchy on-edge-of-control handling you got with F1:CE - I think it added to the experience.
Oh well. I think I will possibly rent it. If I like it, I will gladly eat humble pie folks.

Let's put it this way Golfman: after a couple of hundred hours in F1CE, on the hardest setting, I was reaching the point where I was faster than the AI on a few tracks, capable of being as fast, with intense concentration, on others, & still definitely slower, on a few.

With F1 2010 on the hardest setting, after a couple of hours at Spa, I felt I was almost as fast as the fastest AI cars (although still making the occasional mistake). I think it would be better if it were harder to reach that point - let's face it none of us is going to be competitive with Button in an F1 car after a couple of hours! :dopey: - because it gives the game much more depth & longevity. At this point, I feel that it's not that the AI doesn't drive fast enough, it's that the handling is too forgiving allowing you to hammer through notorious turns (like Eau Rouge) without much difficulty (actually, I've found that at Pouhon - turn 10 & 11 at Spa - always a very tricky corner in SCC - I'm able to leave the AI in the dust).

For better or for worse, this is what it means for a game to be "accessible" - all the thrills without having to put in too much hard time. However, I'll reserve final judgement until I've spent more time in the game & sampled all the tracks, as well as online mode ...

It's a fun game, don't expect it to be the greatest game ever though, I think that is why so many people are complaining, they were expecting the greatest game ever from what is basically Codemaster's first attempt at F1.

Bought it yesterday and yes It is a lot of fun :cheers:

It is quite a good attempt from codemasters :dopey:

Soo glad I didn't buy this on friday, had it in my hand as well !

I bought a PS Move instead, much better !

I knew Codemasters would screw this up, money grabbing b******s that they are, I still haven't forgot what they did with Opperation Flashpoint:Dragon Rising, seems my reservations were founded after all.

Anyway, the only reason I would have bought it was to pass the time until GT5, then traded it in, now I won't have to, thanks persiano_dubai.

Edit, as for a graphical drop in quality compared to a launch game on the PS3, thats just sloppy programming, no excuse at all.

Soo glad I didn't buy this on friday, had it in my hand as well !

I bought a PS Move instead, much better !

I knew Codemasters would screw this up, money grabbing b******s that they are, I still haven't forgot what they did with Opperation Flashpoint:Dragon Rising, seems my reservations were founded after all.

Anyway, the only reason I would have bought it was to pass the time until GT5, then traded it in, now I won't have to, thanks persiano_dubai.

Edit, as for a graphical drop in quality compared to a launch game on the PS3, thats just sloppy programming, no excuse at all.

If there is one thing I will 100% never buy for my PS3, it's the PS Move. If I wanted to jump about my living room like and idiot, I would play a Wii. Can't believe you chose that over a PS3 game, any PS3 game.
Never thought Sony would go this way. The PS3 doesn't need a dedicated motion controller. That just opens the floodgates for loads of crappy 'party' games like the Wii has in abundance. Sad.

If there is one thing I will 100% never buy for my PS3, it's the PS Move. If I wanted to jump about my living room like and idiot, I would play a Wii. Can't believe you chose that over a PS3 game, any PS3 game.
Never thought Sony would go this way. The PS3 doesn't need a dedicated motion controller. That just opens the floodgates for loads of crappy 'party' games like the Wii has in abundance. Sad.

That's funny because you seem to be quite happy with the six-axis as a motion controller.....

I still say the Sixaxis controller was under-used as a motion controll device. Just look at the PSN game High Velocity Bowling and the various side games in GTA4 to see how well it works when put in the right hands. Even Call Of Duty 3 managed to take a not-half-bad attempt during it's gameplay.

....now please do not refer to any group of people as idiots and keep this on topic, we already have a thread for the move.

Scaff

Whatever.

If you wish to keep the attitude up then feel free, but given that you are currently on last chance status if you wish to remain a member here then I would strongly advise against it.

Given that this is now the second time you have referred to Wii owners/users and by association anyone who uses motion controllers as 'idiots' you are lucky to have not received that final infraction already. As you now seem happy to display the same poor attitude towards the staff let me assure you its the last time any form of leniency will be used.

Step over the AUP by so much as a hair and your gone.

Scaff

Just played this on PC with my DFGT and i'm really disappointed,i was hoping for a worthwhile replacement for F1:CE and this isn't it.
So glad i didn't buy this for the PS3.

Everyones entitled there own opinion, far be it from me to even suggest otherwise, but some of the comments are a little strong guys, extreeme even! I'm not sure what people are compareing it to (And F1CE wasn't very good in my opinion) but you've either bitten into youtube hype or rose tinted specs......It's a decent game, dare I say good or even excellent, no better not. Give the game time before shouting codemaster are the spawn of the devil and grabbing for the nearest pitchfork! Offline and....oh yes online, are both very compitent solid simulations of F1, and yeah I'm being a bit over dramatic and sarcastic with this so don't take offence.

What I'm really looking foreward to is the HUGE disapointment GT5 is going to be to some of the members, wicker men will be errected and parliments will tumble when the game dosn't live upto the hype 100% before you burn your PS3's in discust with F12010 and then ultimatly GT5 (oh hang on, I'm not saying it will be bad in fact I know it will be good just not as good as some are expecting) Take a second to look objectively at the game for what it is....An F1 sim.....just F1 cars and F1 tracks....remeber if the game was a 100% F1 sim no one here could drive the cars!

Finaly I can also see any raceing game worth it's salt is being compared to GT5 at this point in time...or rather the PR version of GT5, and is duely dismissed because it would in some way sully that holly chalice if it were uttered that "another" racing game was actual "ok"...or "quite enjoyable"......Be aware of this those of you sitting on the fence, rent the game, you will enjoy it, if you don't I'll supply the wicker :gtpflag:

At this point in this thread, actualy saying something posertive about the game is somehow a subversive "trollisim"

F1 2010 is great

No it's not

Yes it is, I'm really enjoying it!

Look you stop being a troll and sling yer' hook!

Last edited:
Damn I love the F1 series since nigel mansel and Senna times but I´m unsure if I should buy this game or wait 5 weeks more? :)

I think I would not have enough time (4 weeks) to play this game so intense because GT5 will surely keep me busy for a while :S

But the wait for GT5 is still too hard...

Damn I love the F1 series since nigel mansel and Senna times but I´m unsure if I should buy this game or wait 5 weeks more? :)

I think I would not have enough time (4 weeks) to play this game so intense because GT5 will surely keep me busy for a while :S

But the wait for GT5 is still too hard...

Buy it :) Its an unbelievable game. Physics are spot on and graphics are just...wow

Buy it....if you don't like it, trade it in against GT5! If your an F1 fan you should like it though, handeling and feel is right and the racing is clean and tacticle....well unless you get too close to schuey......oh yeah there's one bug to watch out for that no one else has spoted or reported, If you chose to race as Lewis Hamilton the game crashes......only jokeing LOL

Do the new teams have mechanicle failures in this game and are people like kobayashi and vettel more on the edge like out-qualifying their teamates but crashing sometimes?

Last edited:
I don´t really know man, I´ve watched some youtube vids and for some reason it doesn´t turn me on? The collisions seems a bit unrealistic, as we´ve seen today, webber hit hamilton really only a bit and hamilton´s car was damaged but in most vids they ram the other cars and nothing happens...

I think I wait 5 weeks :)

Wait a minute. Are you saying that codemasters messed up with damage? Codemasters, that is a pretty big shock.

Back