2.0 Advanced Competition wk. 20

Final Entry

img0002small4tx.jpg

I am seriously not understanding something. I'm trying to upload a pic, I've done it before. I copy the file name into the "upload images to imageshack" thing. I click "host it!" Nothing happens. No flash, click, ding, funny thinking noise my 'puter makes, not even one of those retarded pop-ups! I'd rather have a pop-up than nothing at all! I going insane, please help me out before I kill something. :odd: :confused: :irked: :mad: 💡 :banghead: :ouch:

keef
I am seriously not understanding something. I'm trying to upload a pic, I've done it before. I copy the file name into the "upload images to imageshack" thing. I click "host it!" Nothing happens. No flash, click, ding, funny thinking noise my 'puter makes, not even one of those retarded pop-ups! I'd rather have a pop-up than nothing at all! I going insane, please help me out before I kill something. :odd: :confused: :irked: :mad: 💡 :banghead: :ouch:

REBOOT!

I don't know if Imageshack is having a bad day or what, it just doesn't work. I tried uploading it from here to IS, going straight to IS then uploading it, what else? It says to choose one of the file types. I didn't have to do that before and thy're already jpegs anyway.

Problem solved, I feel really small right now. It was a stupid mistake.
Anyway,

FINAL ENTRY:

Preview:

Thanks. I have about eight neat 206 pics, but not enough in total to constitute a gallery.

If they're from thesame quality as this one is, just keep shooting new pics like that and we have another gallery owner. :)

keef
Thanks. I have about eight neat 206 pics, but not enough in total to constitute a gallery.

Eight pics like that is more than enough to start a gallery, no point in starting one with more. Just put them up and keep them coming........ :cheers:

No, I just didn't click "open" after clicking the "browse" button, as I was supposed to. I just copied and pasted the file name. It was a really retarded mistake.

keef
No, I just didn't click "open" after clicking the "browse" button, as I was supposed to. I just copied and pasted the file name. It was a really retarded mistake.
Oh. Sometimes it's the more simple things that boggle the mind! Glad you got it figured out, because that's a nice shot you have submitted.👍

Thank you all for the praise; I'm bowing right now, too bad you can't see it, you'd probably laugh.

keef
Don't you mean 205? ;)

As 440Charger mentioned previously, an image for a cover shot should be in portrait style (althought often a landscape format shot will be cropped) and it needs to have room for the masthead and any coverlines, though that's hard to judge when there arent any. If you dig up the old magazine cover competitions from earlier in the year there are plenty of good examples. Perhaps it is time to have magazine covers as the theme for the photoshop comp, it's been a while.

I should have just typed Peugot, I knew I'd get the number wrong.
Anyway, I was holding up a Road & Track, which has a wide page format, to see if the picture had the right proprtions and enough room for a large title and all the little feature titles around the area of focus. I concluded that it did, at least for the Road & Track title and style. They usually fade the top and bottom of the photo into a solid color to create an unobstructive background for their title and all that stuff. This was a landscape that I'd cropped, by the way.

Back