2.0 Qualifying Round - Poll

• Thread starter NTX
  • 76 comments

TOP 16 entries??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i appreciate you acknowledging that mistake NTX 👍 but i know you'll make up for it next time. i did wanna vote for that aston martin, but it doesn't comply with the theme, same with the yaris (or did i?). i feel silly now being beaten by an illegal entry. i should of entered my other 350 shot with smoke effects on it. but it's really no big deal. we still love you ntx! :D

ps: i still think we should keep the wheel enlargement in the 2.0 bracket.
coz some of the cars in the game dont look good with their original, in-game wheel sizes.

Sorry if it sounds negative towards you NTX, because it's not. Infact, I don't consider it "mostly your fault" because you didn't catch it, I consider it mostly the person's fault for not following the guidelines. Yeah, you mistook it as an S2000, but had they followed the original theme it wouldn't be an issue. It's not something either person can be blamed for entirely, but you really shouldn't be taking "most" of the blame, bud :cheers:

As for the 2.0 rules, yes, they are going to be changed to better reflect the newer methods, I will let you know how that goes :).

ps: i still think we should keep the wheel enlargement in the 2.0 bracket.
coz some of the cars in the game dont look good with their original, in-game wheel sizes.

Heh... we'll get into the exact same discussion we had last time. Who's to decide where the limit will be then? I agree, some cars do look pretty poor with their regular-sized rims... but if we're allowing rim enlargement based on aesthetics, than people should be allowed bodykits, or at least clever resizing of the current body parts to mold them. It'll become a very gray area when we head down the "it looks good" road ;).

You guys are crazy!! I better watch out next round :D
anyhow I think the Vitz is awesome but removing the decals is crossing the line
adding text even replacing the license plate's text ... I can live with that
because I have seen many of us doing this in 2.0 comp in the past

In my opinion, the matter should be handled by Slip, who is the 2.0 host, he should have absolute control over what happens and doesn't happen.

Asking what people want will drag the issue out farther than it needs to be, having Slip give the definite yay or nay will resolve all this very quickly.

Heh... we'll get into the exact same discussion we had last time. Who's to decide where the limit will be then? I agree, some cars do look pretty poor with their regular-sized rims... but if we're allowing rim enlargement based on aesthetics, than people should be allowed bodykits, or at least clever resizing of the current body parts to mold them. It'll become a very gray area when we head down the "it looks good" road ;).

In my opinion, the matter should be handled by Slip, who is the 2.0 host, he should have absolute control over what happens and doesn't happen.

Asking what people want will drag the issue out farther than it needs to be, having Slip give the definite yay or nay will resolve all this very quickly.

Heh...and we're still not following the rules like the last time too. talk about the writing on the wall on the last tournament on the pmc bracket, the wheel enlargement on the 2.0, and now the obscenely inappropriate aston martin, and the decal and license plate alteration on the yaris. what's going on ? this whole thing is actually making me wanna withdraw from the comp.

I totally agree, this rule issue should be handled soon. So there is no more confusion. I am happy with the rules the way they are now.

I also don't think any way your fault NTX that the DB9 is in the poll. The person who entered it should of followed the rules more carefully.

Anyway, another sweet poll with a lot of stunning shots. Love that 350Z and the last NTX is amazing, superb work on the body lines. 👍

C´mon Speed, U are doing fine...try to be positive, learn even more...see where U can improve....

Well, today I am a much better mood as my Dad bought the MPH07 tickets last night so I am very happy. But now I also realise that probably all of you know which shot is mine......

Also NTX, you should know that I have real probelms with my confidence in things especially a shot which I don't exactly consider to be "my" style. But thanks anyway. And don't worry about the Aston it isn't your fault...

No disrespect here guys but I'm kinda pissed at the moment. I'm wondering how many of the voters actually open the full image to see the detail? I spend so much time on my entry, yet it is so far behind some shots which, even if I do say so myself, are not any better than mine...It may sound a little harsch and arrogant but when putting so much effort in an entry, I'd like to have an explanation why those voters not voted on my entry. Because what? The preview didn't look as good as other previews? Meh....:grumpy:

I'll have to agree with you on this, despite my shot is doing really well so far.

I too think that most of the people just vote based on what they see on the previews, as there are some shots (both on 2.0 and on PMC) that do look better on the previews, not that great when viewed full-size and are having a LOT of votes, whilst there are shots which have obviously took many hours of labour (in 2.0, of course) and are hoplessly behind.

honestly, I wouldn't be able to sleep well (figure of speech) if I voetd not seeing all the shots in full-size.

i totally agree on that. i posted my entry for the 2.0 drift comp on my gallery, and got good comments on it, but ended up not getting any votes for the poll coz of a jaggy preview

Great entries 👍 The 3000gt picture especially is amazing... gotta love those reflections.

Well, I'm going to say why I didn't vote the entries in my case to make this more transparent.

First at all, I have to say I ALWAYS open every imege at full res, and I spent all the time is needed to be sure what to vote. I could be very injust votting or not votting the incorrect photos, or don't appreciatting the detail work for don't seeing the larger pic. I know many people only see the previews, but I see both to be confident about how it is since a far and very close point of view.

Vette. The pic has not a correct balance of lights, it's dark wich is not the same of a shadowed car. The noise is absolutely exagerated, and it isn't monocrhome as it must be. Tsukuba isn't the best place to drift a Sting Gray for me.

Denso Supra. I guess this is yours, Bram. Once again I don't feel that place is the best to photograph a JGTC. Only when performing a very special style that scenery works good (Close cameras, details, frontals, sides, Franz's Micra...), but rarely can work with a race car like that monster.

The shot itself is not very spectacular imo, I can see some failures in rims edges, jagged decals (Saturation problem, note the car is quite far btw), lights with a poor dynamism specially in the car surfaces and car shadows...

The angle of the camera seems a bit casual too, and the background is not very beautiful to do this really.

Imho, a winner shot, according to the skill levels of this kind of comp, exiges more than Photoshop editting. Hope you don't get angry with me, it's good but I had to make a selection rather vote 16 entries. Btw I understand your fustrating feeling, I had it too sometimes.

Aston. The car is not allowed anyways, but it's quite artifial too. It lost a huge definition when modifying.

300C. Unblurred rims, while the the ground is running. The car edges are "glowed" and all surfaces are blurred. The car shadow is also incorrect in terms of definition.

[Break] Notice the Isuzu has a brilliant work at full res, while the preview looks like the typical PMC with excessive contrast.

C5R & Supra JGTC. I liked the feeling it gave me the sunny lighting. But the added reflection sover the cars are out of range. Some parts are a bit dirty too, like some other details wich are not representing a flawless work imo. So, as I had to made a selection, I decided to quit this one of my list to be just with the rest.

Amuse S2000. When you take a so close photo, you have to know you will have to clean it perfectly. It's evident the rear bumper is a bit rough, and the rim doens't look very well. I also can see a texture added to the tarmac, and a focal blur wich is always difficult to integrate in the original pic.

In fact, the camera is not showing any main line for me. In other words, that car has an overstanding body kit, wild muscles and stylish silhouette "killed" because the camera placement. Yeah I can see the wheels arch and some air extractors, but they aren't the essence of the car to use a wide angle imho.

And that's all :)

Salu2.alexwrc

Great post Alex, you didn't vote for mine but the explanation of why is very helpful in making myself better, thanks.👍:)

First at all, I have to say I ALWAYS open every imege at full res, and I spent all the time is needed to be sure what to vote. I could be very injust votting or not votting the incorrect photos, or don't appreciatting the detail work for don't seeing the larger pic.

And THAT'S the way it should be. 👍

Excellent post, btw.

Well...guys, firstly the wheel enlargment will be allowed during this season, and if in future Tournaments the rules have changed and wheel enlargment is forbidden...of course I will follow that.
Guys...don´t withdraw now, we are almost doing Round 1. Makes me feel guilty about all of this, because I always like to do things right...and I have already made two mistake (The Aston Martin shot and place the comp in the galleries thread).
If U guys don´t like my job...I understand, and if U guys think that other person can run this better, I will not oppose to that. I only like doing this Tournament because I wanna keep it a regular one, I don´t care if gives a lot of work, I really like doing this...and I think U guys also like participating.
From now on, I will get more attention to see if there is any illegal shot!! But as I explained, that Aston really looked a S2000 to me...and I still think that it was mostly my fault.

Now...I´m glad I didn´t enter my shot in 2.0 division, It would be kicked most surely.

Please enjoy the Tournament...I will make sure U guys will do that.👍

Also, see the images in full size, previews are just as they are called..."PREVIEWS"...the original shot its "inside" the preview:tup:

Yeah, don't say that, bro.
I don't think there's a single person in here that wouldn't want you running the tournament.
You've done an awesome job so far, and about the poll being posted in the wrong place, it's fixed, and not an issue to begin with (imo).
As far as the Aston shot, hell, it's understandable, I didn't notice it either until thinking of something to write about some of the shots (I ended up not writing about it precisely due to that).

If you have the time, and most importantly, the will to continue running the tournament, you have my full support! 👍

That was a very good post Alex, but you WILL give me credit once you've seen the original one. I haven't got it, but I will take one as close as possible to this one to show you how bad the original was. BTW: How did you know it was mine?

If you're disapointed with the votes you received, and you entered a Supra... there are not many posibilities lol.

Now I can remember this two images:

http://img408.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alexwrc3fx9.jpg

http://img53.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alexwrc5mh6.jpg

So your original must be a disaster, I know, I suffered it with a easier pic lol. Probably you should have used a better base, because the most important if what people see rather how many time did you spend in it. A phototravel in any other scenery could be better for me.

Salu2.alexwrc

That was a very good post Alex, but you WILL give me credit once you've seen the original one. I haven't got it, but I will take one as close as possible to this one to show you how bad the original was. BTW: How did you know it was mine?

In the other thread you said you were inspired by one of Moglet's updates, he, naturally, asked which one it was without giving too much away. You replied back saying it was the Denso update.

Thats how I knew.

We love you NUNO!!! we still think you're doing a good job. we're all humans after. we have the luxury of making mistakes. it's completley normal.

Incase anyone is interested, I voted for the shots shown mainly on their composition, lighting and creativity. If you didn't receive a vote it's not because your cleanup wasn't amazing or whatever, it's because I felt your shot lacked 'oomph'. IMO the 2.0 rules often seem an excuse for people to take poor shots and just blur them well so my votes didn't go purely on cleanups. 👍

I full sized almost all of them to make my votes too. The ones that I could see were lacking in composition and lighting didn't get full sized due to time restrictions.

Back