2.3 Sports Car Championship - CLOSED!!! SEE CHAMPIONSHIP TABLES THREAD!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danisfast
  • 72 comments
  • 3,588 views

Do you think the number of points should be increased in the All-Star enduro??

  • Yes

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

    Votes: 3 60.0%

  • Total voters
    5
  • Poll closed .
Messages
397
Wales
Glamorgan
Messages
Danisfast
WELCOME TO THE ALL-STAR ROUND OF...​

THE TWO-POINT-THREE SPORTS CAR CHAMPIONSHIP!!​

The All-Star round initially consisted of the Twin Rings Enduro, but gievn the recent tournament climate, I've had to alter that somewhat...

Before I go any further, I want to thank the lads responsible for the 24 hour race, who inspired me to try a few tourneys of my own.

For the rules and regulations surrounding this tournament, please visit the 2.3 Sports Car Championship thread outlined in my signature.


ALL-STAR CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND - Circuit De La Sarthe II
QUALIFYING: 15th SEPTEMBER - 17th SEPTEMBER
RACE: 16th SEPTEMBER - 20th SEPTEMBER
LAPS: 6 LAPS
​

Right, this is it lads, the final round, ready to go as we reach the climax of this up and down tourney...thanks for racing, enjoy...

Danisfast

PS Given that the closely packed deadlines are a bit too tight, I'm extending to the 20th.....PLEASE GET YOUR TIMES TO ME BY THEN!!! EVEN IF YOU HAVEN'T QUALIFIED!!!! THANK YOU!!

CHAMPIONSHIP STANDINGS AFTER SIX ROUNDS!!!
(Top Ten Rankings)​

1. Car #00: Mercedes SL65 AMG -DB- AngelCreator (146pts)
2. Car #12: Toyota Supra RZ -DB- Danisfast (143pts)
3. Car #21: Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 Turbo '95 -DB- Danisfast (135pts)
4. Car #5: Mercedes McLaren SLR -DB- Bigracer (133pts)
5. Car #8: Nissan R390 Road Car -DB- Live4speed (117pts)#
6. Car #23: Honda NSX Type R '02 -DB- east (111pts)
7. Car #917: Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car -DB- AngelCreator (103pts)#
8. Car #0: Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren -DB- Jetboys427 (103pts)#
9. Car #14: BMW M3 CSL -DB- racefan88501 (95pts)
10. Car #69: BMW M5 -DB- DUNDA (89pts)#

A line up like this for the final round could not have been predicted by anyone!!! The fastest drivers at the start of the season are not featured in any of the top placings! The current championship leader going into the final round is AngelCreator, just three points behind is Danisfast who would be guaranteed the title should he win!!! He's not won a single race all and could still win it without claiming a single top ranking!! AngelCreator's Mercedes is the favourite going into the final battle, he can still claim the title even without victory!
In third place is Danisfast's Mistubishi entry and just a measly two points behind that is Bigracer on 133 points. All of the top four have a great shot at the title!!
Live4speed is in fifth and mathematically, can still win.
East is in sixth place just six points down on live4speed and behind him, are two entries on the same points, AngelCreator's Nissan entry and Jetboys427's McLaren SLR, both on 103 points!!!
The final two in the top ten rankings who are now just a little too far behind is racefan88501's BMW entry on 95 points and DUNDA, who rounds out the top ten despite having completed only a fraction of the racing calendar.

QUALIFYING RESULTS

POLE POSITION: Car #363: Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR -DB- east (3'16''717)
2nd: Car #00: Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG -DB- AngelCreator (3'19''895)

3rd: Car #999: Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car -DB- AngelCreator (3'24''650)
4th: Car #5: Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR -DB- Bigracer (3'24''913)

5th: Car #12: Toyota Supra RZ -DB- Danisfast (3'27''635)
6th: Car #21: Mitsubishi GTO VR-4 Turbo '95 -DB- Danisfast (3'27''701)

7th: Car #66: Aston Martin DB9 -DB- Shockwaveracing (N/A)
8th: Car #0: Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren -DB- Jetboys427 (N/A)

9th: Car #706: Jaguar XK-R -DB- Jetboys427 (N/A)
10th: Car #8: Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car -DB- Live4speed (N/A)

11th: Car #7: Aston Martin DB9 -DB- racefan88501 (N/A)
12th: Car #14: BMW M3 CSL -DB- racefan88501 (N/A)

13th: Car #67: BMW M3 CSL -DB- Shockwaveracing (N/A)
14th: Car #23: Honda NSX Type R '02 -DB- east (N/A)

ALL-STAR FINAL ROUND RACE RESULTS

1st: Car #00: Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG -DB- AngelCreator (20'00''267)
2nd: Car #363: Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR -DB- east (20'02''912)
3rd: Car #66: Aston Martin DB9 -DB- Shockwaveracing (20'18''149)
4th: Car #5: Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR -DB- Bigracer (20'33''855)
5th: Car #12: Toyota Supra RZ -DB- Danisfast (20'38''996)
6th: Car #999: Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car -DB- AngelCreator (20'39''998)
7th: Car #21: Mitsubishi GTO VR-4 Turbo '95 -DB- Danisfast (20'42''472)
8th: Car #0: Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren -DB- Jetboys427 (N/A)
9th: Car #706: Jaguar XK-R -DB- Jetboys427 (N/A)
10th: Car #8: Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car -DB- Live4speed (N/A)
11th: Car #7: Aston Martin DB9 -DB- racefan88501 (N/A)
12th: Car #14: BMW M3 CSL -DB- racefan88501 (N/A)
13th: Car #67: BMW M3 CSL -DB- Shockwaveracing (N/A)
14th: Car #23: Honda NSX Type R '02 -DB- east (N/A)

There we have it! The final round of the 2.3 Sports Car Championship is complete! AngelCreator, in spectacular fashion, has managed to overtake east during the race and claim victory not only in the race, but in the championship too!! east lost his first place, but did claim a well earned second and was a good fifteen seconds ahead of third placed driver, Shockwaveracing.
Bigracer finished fourth and claims the a championship podium after title contender Danisfast limps home inbetween Bigracer, and AngelCreator's Nissan entry.
The other cars listed neither qualified nor raced.

Thanks for racing!
​
Danisfast
 
First off, sounds like a great idea.

And now the questions

A. R3's? you can't use any better than S3's in the race..?
B. or is that for qualifying?
C. If it is S3's, why only 2?
D. Team name is... whatever I want?
some of these questions I think I know the answers to, but want to make sure....
 
Yeah sorry about that, probably should have checked that one thoroughly, OK for qualifying, in review, tyres are now unlimited, as long as you're not using any tyres that are illegal in the race(which I will update asap)...same for the race (I haven't done the race in so long I forgot you cant use racing tyres!) obviously as long as you're not breaking the rules set out by GT on tyres, then they are unlimited too.
Finally, the team name can be whatever you so desire!!
Apologies for any confusion,
Danisfast
 
Race postponed for now...will open up thread again when my 2.3 Sports car championship season reaches this round in its calendar...But if you're not in the 2.3 Sports car championship but you want to race, just leave your name and I'll PM you "when the time comes"!!
Thanks
Danisfast
 
just out of intrest would i be able to use a full spec gt350R for this challenge
thanks
 
You can trick it out as much as you want, but your car cannot have a power-to-weight ratio lower than 2.300. You may equip wings, LSD, Turbos, Racing Transmission, Weight reduction, whatever you want! Even NOS if you think over 8 hours it'll make any difference, just dont breech that 2.300 Limit!!!
All the best,
Danisfast
PS If you've got any problems or questions with my 2.3 rule, or details on tuning, visit my 2.3 sports car thread, where discussions have made sure that the rules are clear.
 
Doing the 8 hour twin ring thing righ now
Got a BMW 120d on S1's
Power to weight ratio of 2.33:sly:
281hp,370ftlbs of torque
1202kg when fully lightened
 
great idea ill enter it

I also entered the 2.3 championship
 
Nice!!! OK, what you guys have to do, is either wait for the 2.3 Championship to finish, because after the final round, we're gonna have an all-star race, ei, this one. It'll be worth MEGA points in the championship, there'll be discussions from all of the competitors at the 2.3 Sports Car Championship who'll be all gunning for the maximum number of points in this VERY, VERY close tournament. Which brings me to option 2, which is join the 2.3 Championship and when we get to this round, you'll even have a shot at the title!!
Thanks,
Danisfast
 
Well, I shall definatly be changing car before this race.
 
The points should be the same as any race, the lenth of the race doesn't affect how many point a driver recieves in a chamionship in anything else, things like this need to be sorted before the championship starts. It totally screws up the balance of the championship otherwise and theres no meantion of seperate points for this race in any of the other threads. It'd suck big time for the top guy in the championship to lose to someone halfway down the table simply because he has to work and doesn't have the time for it.

If it had been done and decided and posted before the championship started then fine, but it hasn't, so the points shouldn't change.

I started the championship knowing that I wouldn't be able to do this last race, but I didn't think it would kill any chances of finishing high up.

Just my two cents, but it's your call.
 
OK, its like this:
Its not set in stone yet, as in, the jury is still out on the 'MEGA POINTS' thing. So don't worry. BTW, its not designed to multiply with the laps per-sae, it's just going to increase because it's an enduro. People work harder over the distance, so I think the rewards should be greater.
Although I wasn't going to bother asking around, If you guys REALLY don't want it then please, I'll want your opinions. Now, if I get enough people who don't want it then I guess we wont change the points. Easy-peazy.
Danisfast
 
Put up a poll?
 
hmmm...sounds like a good idea...
 
Danisfast
OK, its like this:
Its not set in stone yet, as in, the jury is still out on the 'MEGA POINTS' thing. So don't worry. BTW, its not designed to multiply with the laps per-sae, it's just going to increase because it's an enduro. People work harder over the distance, so I think the rewards should be greater.
Although I wasn't going to bother asking around, If you guys REALLY don't want it then please, I'll want your opinions. Now, if I get enough people who don't want it then I guess we wont change the points. Easy-peazy.
Danisfast
It upsets the balance of the series, the person who has the highest average race position over series suddenly isn't the winner just isn't right. My opinion is that since it wasn't said before the series started it should use the same rules as the ones when the series started. You don't see race organisers suddenly deciding mid season that there will be more points given for that race than the other one because it's longer. Sure irl prize money can be higher in longer races, but championship points stay the same. Imo it's wrong to suddenly decide that the points system will change mid season. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to boycot the series or anything like that :lol:, it's a good series, but doing that could place doubt over the validity of whoever wins.
 
OK, I guess you've got a point. A poll is up and running, we'll see how that goes...
 
Can you guess what I voted for ;) :lol:. Like I said, the race series is good, and I'll still be taking part whatever happens, I'd just rather the poitns stay the same.
 
LOL OK thanks. Just to let you know I've not actually voted yet. I'm not sure I will either. It's up to you guys to decide methinks...
EDIT: Ah phuck it! It's my idea, I'm gonna stand up for it.
Danisfast
 
OK, note to all who are interested in this all-star race, the ALL-STAR round of the TWO-POINT-THREE Sports Car Championship will be held straight after the final round of the regular season. Dates will be outlined in the first post.
Thanks,
Danisfast
 
Right, we've moved now that its changed into an extra round, in the short race series...Check the new details for the dates and laps etc.
Danisfast
 
dan - kick the no-submitters by taking away (some of) their points. then all of us still there can compete for final podium.
 
I'm looking into it...I'll definitely have to thank the most commited racers in some way, especially considering how sparse its been in this tournament. Its only fair that people who make a commitment and keep to it should be able to shoot at the title. If anyone has any objections please PM me. Again to the few who stayed commited, I thank you. But don't worry, everyone will be able to compete for the title, think of it as a kind of scales of justice.

Thanks and good luck in the final rounds to all the racers!
Danisfast
 
Alright, thx racefan88501, thats five!! lets keep'em coming!!!
Danisfast
 
i already had a go at the quallying for round 7. still in the m5, i am looking for a stable setup that will lead me thru 6 laps at the great track. t's and the L:

34.171 - 1.06.818 - 1.27.165 - 1.48.163 - 2.20.504 - 2.54.070 - 3.27.532

if i remember well it's ok to publish all times ... if not i'll remove them straight away.

VERY curious to see who'll turn up for this race. its good fun, but it's also a sort of obligation (as i feel it) to dan to be there till the end.
 
OK Dan, count me back in, lets give this series the proper finish it deserves 👍
 
I will do the last race as well, but I have been here sence the first race
and have never stoped racing so I guess dan knew I was going to race;).
 
Here is a time along with the splits from me in my NSX

32.786 - 105.746 - 1'27.872 - 1'49.944 - 2'22.734 - 2'55.216 - 3'25.229

I forgot how fun this car was to drive :)
 
You mean this is back? I suppose I could show if I'm not overtaxxed from homework. :indiff: Wonder what I can pull out of that Merc..


Cheers,
Jetboy
 
Back