2.3 Sports Car Championship - CLOSED!!! SEE CHAMPIONSHIP TABLES THREAD!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danisfast
  • 72 comments
  • 3,607 views

Do you think the number of points should be increased in the All-Star enduro??

  • Yes

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No

    Votes: 3 60.0%

  • Total voters
    5
  • Poll closed .
i decided to go for a first 5-lapper today but crashed in the second lap. but my first lap was faster than my previous qually so here it is:

33.682 - 1.06.685 - 1.27.074 - 1.47.663 - 2.20.208 - 3.25.760

hope to find time to do first 5-lappers today or tomorrow. the m5 is amazing. heavy but superpowered and very sharp steer'd. used to drive the csl before so it's still a bit getting used to.
 
got a Q to dan
would it be possible to publish a list of active drivers in our little challenge that have indicated to join and submit for round 7? that'd be great. i'd like to know very much who's still there and who gave up ...
thanks!
 
FANTASTIC!!! live4speed ans Shockwaveracing are back in the game!!! They'll both be making an appearance in round 7!!! Welcome back guys!
Danisfast
 
Racers back for round 7 are as follows thus far;
Danisfast
Bigracer,
AngelCreator,
live4speed,
Jetboys427,
east,
Shockwaveracing
& racefan88501

Thats eight drivers and fourteen cars listed for round 7!!! It would be our second highest submission round to date!

Danisfast
 
Did I miss something? Are we on sports tires this week? Cause I'm running way faster than you guys right now. This is at Sarthe II, right? The all-straights one?

T1: 31.406
T2: 1'02.069
T3: 1'20.323
T4: 1'39.484
T5: 2'08.937
T6: 2'39.424
T7: 3'09.788


Uh....:scared:

Jetboy
 
corey - what car are you driving again? it's almost impossible you're THAT fast. you must be using NOS or something LOL
 
Mercedes Benz McLaren SLR, 816 hp and something over 1900kg's. All engine. :lol:

Cheers,
Jetboy
 
**** me...you've got me by the balls here jets...Best I can manage is my GTO, but at 620bhp...I think I'll have to swap it...LOL my supras got no chance!!
Danisfast
 
For once, Mercedes has the right setup themselves for this place: Stock suspention handles the bumps and curves rather well, and the stock transmission has thick, meaty gearing and a great top-end. I'm knocking off 245 mph.

Cheers :D
Jetboy
Wait,Dan, you have the GTO? Do you know the Monaro has a better coefficient of drag? You can much better your times by doing the swap. Better yet, find some really heavy piece of machinery and pack on as much power as humanly possible. Make sure it can turn, though. :lol:
 
Can I swap cars for this round? If I car I have a few ideas on some cars.
 
LOL nah...Mitsubishi GTO (3000GT now...) As for the highest power car...I'm still working on that...get back to you when I can get a decent time in!!!
Danisfast
PS Yes you may swap ONE car for the final round
 
LOL nah...Mitsubishi GTO (3000GT now...) As for the highest power car...I'm still working on that...get back to you when I can get a decent time in!!!
</p>
Oh...right. 'Bout make an ass out of me. :dunce:Cheers :lol:Jetboy
 
lol ah soz mate...s'all good right? Anyone got any better times than Jetboy's rather incredible time?? (816bhp...ah, *******)
Danisfast
 
Thanks, I will need to swap my Suzuki for sure. And can I ask you something
Jetboys427? Can you tell me the setup on your SLR because I tried to get a
time as fast as yours and the only way I could get a time even close to yours
was to use a Viper SRT-10 with 1024HP and with a weight of 1253KG.
And the time I got was 3:07:008, so if it's ok with you I want to see your setup.
 
Jetboys
I'm knocking off 245 mph.
My NSX doesnt hit 200MPH at any point around the lap, the quickest i've got it to go so far is 198MPH down the long straight.
 
245 mph?? Is anyone else even near that?? lol I know I'm not.
Danisnotsofast
 
i dont know much in life or gt4, but i do know that when you stick to the 2.3 rule in this fine little tourney you could NEVER do 245 mph or get a round so close to 3 minutes flat. it's not that i dont trust these guys but i'm just wondering if the PTW ratio's are accurate. my m5, which is set up just fine for this track, gets to 220 mph and rounds a little over 3'20.
 
i dont know much in life or gt4, but i do know that when you stick to the 2.3 rule in this fine little tourney you could NEVER do 245 mph or get a round so close to 3 minutes flat. it's not that i dont trust these guys but i'm just wondering if the PTW ratio's are accurate. my m5, which is set up just fine for this track, gets to 220 mph and rounds a little over 3'20.
He's right. Gentlemen, I have found the source of my speed. Unbeknownst to me, I have two SLR's in my garage. One was made recently (about two weeks ago) to kick ass in the Like The Wind race. Both are, stupidly, the same colour. :dunce: Both have, oddly enough, the same amount of power, but the one I found I used by mistake this week was the one about 400 kg's lighter. She comes in at 1467 kilograms. Erm...my legal one has 1877. My other races were all legal and fine, since it was 4 weeks ago I used my legal SLR. But since this started up, I went back through my garage (it was something like 17 pages back :lol: ) I grabbed the first one i saw, which was my Like The Wind one. I fixed this and bought a Black one and put on the same set-up as the legal Silver, sold the Silver.

So, void the time above. I'm re-doing my lap as I type this, and it falls in around the 3'17 area, and I'm hitting just north of 230. Problem solved. Sorry guys. :O


Cheers,
Jetboy
 
Thankyou soo much:bowdown:, I thought I was really slow:(.
I think now I will try my SL65 AMG again:).
 
Ok I have something to ask, I know I can only change one car but can I
change the setup on a car because I want to change the setup on my
Nissan R390 GT1 so it will do better on this track. Also I can go over 240MPH
with my new car;).
 
Looks like im gonna have to find a new car aswell, my NSX just isnt powerful enough and with the lack of corners on this track there is no way for me to use my cars strength in cornering to make up any time.

I would have liked to see how the NSX compared to the SLR around the Nurburgring.
 
after checking with dan i decided to swap the m5 for an slr as well. the m5 - in the setup i use anyway which means power and weight - just doesn't get me around this beautiful track cleanly enough for acceptable times.
so i picked up a rarely used black merc from my almost full garage, stole a decent setup from the vault and hit the road in france. my first lap gave me a perfectly acceptable 3'27"683 after getting about the same figures in the beamer.
also, i did 6 straight laps with only 2 offs. but for that i've more time.
btw when was the submission deadline again - today at what time? if at midnight i have time for another go.
 
Yup, settings rules are free so long as it doesn't collide with any of the other rules..quallys are due in tonight!!!!!!!
Danisfast
PS I need new specs for the cars people want to use for the final round if you are changing. I'll include a points tally before and after the final round...for those who are interested to see how this ended...thanks for the corrections Jets, and lastly, I'll update rounds 5 & 6 tonight, I'm a bit busy at the moment having just started work so apologies to anyone who's been waiting...I'll make sure its all sorted out tonight!!!
Danisfast
 
OK, i'll be taking a SLR as well, that will be replacing my Corvette! My settings are 844BHP and 1942KG, this makes a Power to Weight of 2.300. Just did a few laps in it now and got a 1'16.x17 :)

EDIT: How much BHP does yours have Jetboys?
 
OK, i'll be taking a SLR as well, that will be replacing my Corvette! My settings are 844BHP and 1942KG, this makes a Power to Weight of 2.300. Just did a few laps in it now and got a 1'16.x17 :)
if you have a 1.16 you're no alien but the sweet lord himself. probably mean 3.16.
... have to look if the heavy slr (no wr) will do better than my wr3 version does.
great lap btw east!
 
lol, yes, that would be a 3.16 :D
 
lol, yes, that would be a 3.16 :D
well i hope you submitted right to dan cos otherwise it'd be a george/dunda.
 
late submission:

now it's 2358 and i did a full 3 secs faster at 3.24.913.
hope it's any good for the competition.
found out - thanks east - that running it at full weight and hp is better than the other way around.

phew!

edit: VERY happy with the change of car and specs, cos now i feel much more confident for running all 6 laps cleanly.

edit: did a whopping low 230's mph at the long straight - never saw that in the beamer ...
and i even haven't found a proper setup for the slr yet.
 
I sent in my qualifier times last nite, and as of now I have my race time for
my Nissan. But the time I have for my new car is to slow for me.
I know I can go about 20sec faster so I will try again before I send in my race times.
 
surprised the deadline for the multilapper was already today instead of tomorrow, i took the slr out at once this morning. i used the best voted slr setup i could find in gtvault but tuned it to my liking after a few laps at wonderful le mans. this is the result (for what it's worth) but it's partly taken from the vault so credits are due elsewhere.

springs 158 - height 90/95 - shocks 4467 - camber 2.5/1.4 - stabs 2/2 - breaks 2/2 (!) - tranny (tricked) final 3.200 - 1,5 lsd - aids 0/0/1 - rest stock.

had a fastest lap even quicker than my qually one of 3.23.741 which proves my setup is not too bad and i didnt get chicken after running the multilapper 'cos the hotlap was in there. my 6-lapper is at 20.33.855 and i don't think i will retry before tonight (but you never know).
 
Back