2 Hours of VLN, SP3 replaced with SP7 (BMW M3 GT2)! 5 Spots RemainFinished 

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 86 comments

Should we move to three classes for this race?

• Yes, remove the SP8 class.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Yes, remove the SP3 class.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No, I would like to keep it four classes and will participate in either SP3 or SP8.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The one freind of mine who showed last week would like to race again!

M3 GT2 class

---/BOYRACER7r/2011 Livery

I'm going to do some testing tomorrow because I'm thinking of switching to the BMW class. I'll know for sure in 24 hours.

Next weeks event has been changed:

Signups are now open! Field is primarily made up of GT3 cars, but will maintain the multi-class format.

Right, well I think we've covered just about every continent except Africa with this field.

Looking forward to the race, hope everything goes smoothly.

Next weeks event has been changed:

Signups are now open! Field is primarily made up of GT3 cars, but will maintain the multi-class format.
sadpanda.png

I'm sorry to report that I've been sick the last few days and am unfortunately still feeling really unwell. Getting up at 4am was a big enough task when I was 100% so unfortunately I'm going to have to withdraw my entry. @Snaeper I have an American friend whose interested in competing in the M3 class, I gave him your PSN ID and all the details so he should get in touch with you before it's time to go racing.

Hope to race with you guys next week

Why's that? What's wrong?

I'm sorry to report that I've been sick the last few days and am unfortunately still feeling really unwell. Getting up at 4am was a big enough task when I was 100% so unfortunately I'm going to have to withdraw my entry. @Snaeper I have an American friend whose interested in competing in the M3 class, I gave him your PSN ID and all the details so he should get in touch with you before it's time to go racing.

Hope to race with you guys next week
Hope you feel better!

no vintage prototypes, no le sarthe, spa instead
Well when no one signs up for it, what can you really do?

And the vintage le Mans event will still be run the weekend after that. Cheer up panda-bear.

EDIT: Alright, I'm gonna take a quick nap. Alarms are set to ensure I'll be awake in time.

Last edited:
Room is open: 1472-6118-8218-5439

If anyone in SP9 is willing to move to SP7 for at least three cars for the field that would be appreciated, but not required.

Well to all involved, I'd like to thank you for the race. It wasn't as good a turn out as last week, but it was still a pretty good event.

Looking forward to next week's Spa Race!

SCVOFQ7.jpg

Overall
  1. @Glenalz81 SP9
  2. @Nicktune SP7
  3. @Leoni Dias SP3T
  4. @Snaeper SP3T
  5. @AudiMan2011 SP3T
  6. @noisetanks SP9
  7. @youngz SP9 DNF
  8. @hognhominy SP9 DNF
  9. --ccuebas19 SP7 DNF
  10. @gtp_Tenderly SP9 DNS
  11. --BOYRACER7r SP7 DNS

5 --- Glenalz81 (3 + Fastest Lap + Most Laps Lead)
2 --- noisetanks (2)
1 --- youngz (1)
1 --- hognhominy (1)

SP7:
5 --- Nicktune (3* + Fastest Lap + Most Laps Lead)
*= With ccuebas19's appearance and considerable time on track, he will be considered a third registered driver. This will apply to all future scenarios. As he is the third driver, Nicktune becomes eligible for 3 points.

SP3T:
5 --- Leoni Dias (3 + Fastest Lap + Most Laps Lead)
2 --- Snaeper (2)
1 --- AudiMan2011 (1)

Points Standings

10 --- Glenalz81
10 --- Nicktune

6 --- hognhominy
5 --- Leoni Dias
4 --- Snaeper
4 --- GGGMotorsport
3 --- Hayden
2 --- Wardez
2 --- noisetanks
1 --- AudiMan2011
1 --- youngz

1 --- nascarfan1400
1 --- BOYRACER7r
1 --- Miata13b
1 --- nail-27
1 --- gtp_Tenderly
1 --- chatva

Pics from the race are here, mostly from the start and from a great battle AudiMan2011 and I had at the very end.

Really sorry I bailed, that wasn't fun at all, I had full wets and literally no grip whatsoever, spinning out all over the place. I noticed you all were using hards and mediums are wets pointless?

Really sorry I bailed, that wasn't fun at all, I had full wets and literally no grip whatsoever, spinning out all over the place. I noticed you all were using hards and mediums are wets pointless?
That is a question I would like answered too, but Wets do have their limitations in terms of traction and require a very smooth driving style, they cannot be treated like Hards on a dry surface.

In the future though, I do ask you to just stick with it, no better learning experience than forcing yourself to run laps in the rain. 👍 And you won't get better if you don't practice!

ahh that explains it, @youngz, it was just a display error, because it said Leoni was using RH's the whole time.

So just do some serious practice in the rain, focus on simply keeping your car on the track above going fast, speed and pace will come with discipline and practice.

Words I need to advise myself on... lol.

I went to inters around 25% then to full wets around 90%. tough going in the rain.

Must have been a glitch then as when I was watching it showed only one person had wets on, not sure who.
Thanks for the advice lol. I was driving with mostly half to 3/4 accelerator, shifting really early and being ultra careful on braking and I was still spinning. I gotta admit I've never raced in 100% rain tho.

Must have been a glitch then as when I was watching it showed only one person had wets on, not sure who.
Thanks for the advice lol. I was driving with mostly half to 3/4 accelerator, shifting really early and being ultra careful on braking and I was still spinning. I gotta admit I've never raced in 100% rain tho.

Got to stay off the racing line completely otherwise you got no chance, there's always the crossover point though and that's where to be very careful.

And yeah there's a replay glitch, it will show your own correct tyre but anyone else will show the tyre they started on for the whole race.

Back