2 Hours of VLN, SP3 replaced with SP7 (BMW M3 GT2)! 5 Spots RemainFinished 

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 86 comments

Should we move to three classes for this race?

• Yes, remove the SP8 class.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Yes, remove the SP3 class.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No, I would like to keep it four classes and will participate in either SP3 or SP8.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Snaeper
****= In order to get credit for this, you must state what your time was and on what lap you got it to the best of your abilities.
I not sure I understand why we need this as you can easily see all the best times from the saved replay. During the replay, go to the Live Timing view (Next to the Camera) and Fast Forward to the end of the race, On the far right, it shows each persons "best lap".

Snaeper
I not sure I understand why we need this as you can easily see all the best times from the saved replay. During the replay, go to the Live Timing view (Next to the Camera) and Fast Forward to the end of the race, On the far right, it shows each persons "best lap".
Ahh, nice. I was not aware of this feature.

Thank you.

Classic Le Mans

Event includes a vote for the third week of July's event.

How do you guys feel about shorter events going forward with the occasional 2-hour thrown in? Otherwise, what would you think would make the events more accessible?

I think the events are already pretty accessible, seeing how good a turnout the Lexus race had. I wouldn't be oppossed to shortening the length but I kinda like it how it is.

A 2 hour race can seem like a split second if you're battling someone or an eternity if you're alone. The only thing I can really think of to help that is running 3 classes instead of 4. The extra competitor per class should improve the chances of having someone to race, especially on long tracks where you may only see the other classes at the start.

Last edited:
I think the events are already pretty accessible, seeing how good a turnout the Lexus race had. I wouldn't be oppossed to shortening the length but I kinda like it how it is.

A 2 hour race can seem like a split second if you're battling someone or an eternity if you're alone. The only thing I can really think of to help that is running 3 classes instead of 4. The extra competitor per class should improve the chances of having someone to race, especially on long tracks where you may only see the other classes at the start.
I agree and I think that, after the Classic le Mans race, I'll move to primarily 3 classes. I may go to four if two of the classes are close enough to warrant it (for example, a mixed GT3 class and a one-make GT3 car).

Also, I'm open to event suggestion ideas. I have a laundry list already, but I'd love to hear your guy's ideas for future events. One I've already thought of that I didn't put in the vote for the Classic Le Mans poll was a Spa 2 Hours featuring GT cars only.

For this event, though, I was deliberating moving to a three-class race. I was looking specifically to axe the CCS-R, actually. Especially since we'd only just raced it. @AudiMan2011 How do you feel about that? Would you be willing to run in one of the other classes?

UPDATES

After some feedback I've received regarding the 86 Race Car, the tires have been changed to Sports Softs to increase the wear rate, as the Sports Hards would essentially require redundant pit stops.

I've also added a new special rule that will take place at the end of every month to help break up any ties we might have in overall points. These tie-breaker rounds will be mandatory. Players can leave it to me to select which class they'll participate in, or they can come to a democratic decision amongst themselves. While participating in them is not mandatory (since missing the race would break the tie in and of itself), should you want to participate for that round to collect points, you will be required to race in the class selected for the tie-breaker round. This will only apply to ties in the top 10 for now, and may extend to the top 20 in the future. If there are multiple ties, only the highest in points will participate in the tie-breaker round.

I've added a Poll for everyone's feedback on whether we should run three or four classes for this race.

Last edited:
I'm cool with whatever happens. If the CCS-R is axed, I'd be willing to run the Scirocco as a back-up in SP3T.

@Snaeper can I sign up?
Class 1:Group GT3
Car: Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
gtp_Tenderly/tenderly90/monza red
All set 👍 it'll get formatted properly later tonight. Also, make sure you practice this week, you're up against three of the four class winners from last week.

Wish I could join on this one, but life has taken a step into my virtual fun this weekend. Had a blast on the last race even though it is one of my worst tracks to race on. Looking forward to future events :-). Good luck and godspeed to everyone for the 2 hours VLN :-)

Wish I could join on this one, but life has taken a step into my virtual fun this weekend. Had a blast on the last race even though it is one of my worst tracks to race on. Looking forward to future events :-). Good luck and godspeed to everyone for the 2 hours VLN :-)
That's quite alright, life comes first! In fact I had to run to a great uncles funeral shortly after finishing the Lexus race. Hope to see you at Classic Le Mans or the weekend after that!

That's quite alright, life comes first! In fact I had to run to a great uncles funeral shortly after finishing the Lexus race. Hope to see you at Classic Le Mans or the weekend after that!
I'm hoping to give a go at that. If it is the weekend of the 12th and 13th I'll have to time it correctly :-)

UPDATE

Due to the results of the poll and not wanting to try to re-organize everyone the day before or the day of the race, the SP8 class has been removed. There will now be five entrants for the remaining three classes, as well as a single unclassified spot for either the '11 or '12 Schulze GT-R's (Not the Schulze GT-R GT3)

Anyone running the Unclassified car will be eligible for 1 Point plus Spotless Car bonus points. I will award Lead a Lap bonus points if you can lead a lap overall (i.e. in front of the GT3's).

@AudiMan2011 I'll need to know what number you'll be running for the Scirocco, and whether or not you'll be running the same colors as the Lexus. If not, I'll need those updated as well.

Hey Snaeper,

Can I please change my entry to the Mercedes class?

noisetanks/cityofthesunset/lightningyellow

Thanks buddy,

N.

hm, very nice, I'll take the last slot for Scirocco class

Leoni Dias/ infodevil/ Cosmo Mica/ GT6 Matte 010/ #92

Edit: Colors Updated

Last edited:
I'd like to join you but the SP9 class is full. Will you think about adding more places if no one joins the other class (SP3)?

I'm debating it, but I really don't want to host a two-class event ever. There's enough of those. I would, however, be willing to change the SP3 class to something else if there's interest. Since no one apparently wants to drive the 86.

I'm open to any class suggestions as long as its a car that would've competed in VLN at some point. The BMW M3 GT2 and R34 Touring Car come to mind.

hm, very nice, I'll take the last slot for Scirocco class

Leoni Dias/ infodevil/ Cosmo Mica/ GT6 Matte 010/ #92

Edit: Colors Updated
Thank you, you've been added. What color is GT6 Matte 010 most like? Just so I can format it.

I'd like to join you but the SP9 class is full. Will you think about adding more places if no one joins the other class (SP3)?
You now have an open spot available in SP9.

UPDATE

SP3 has been dropped for SP7, which will feature BMW's M3 GT2 Base Model as well as the '10 and '11 Official Liveries. Transfers from other classes are permitted, though I ask to try to keep at least three entrants in each class.

@Brutaka , @Hayden , @AudiMan2011 , @hognhominy , @Glenalz81 , @gtp_Tenderly , @noisetanks

Last edited:
I humbly invite @mlbguy4life and any other King of the Ringers to participate in the new SP7 class if their schedules allow for it.

UPDATE

I've asked the Safety Car Club to see if any members will be available to start our race. If so, we will be doing a rolling start after a pace lap around the ring.

The pace lap will be single-file, with cars sorting into the fastest and slowest within their class, and then the classes separating into fastest and slowest. Cars will go double-file when first entering the final straight, so make sure you're close together.

Pole position has choice of lane.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back