2 Hours of VLN, SP3 replaced with SP7 (BMW M3 GT2)! 5 Spots RemainFinished 

• Thread starter Snaeper
  • 86 comments

Should we move to three classes for this race?

• Yes, remove the SP8 class.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Yes, remove the SP3 class.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No, I would like to keep it four classes and will participate in either SP3 or SP8.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snaeper

Premium
United States
Phoenix, AZ
GTP_Snaeper
w3zKLRy.jpg

Date: Saturday, July 5th 3pm (EDT, UTC-4)
Schedule: Room opens at 2:30pm, 20 minute official practice begins at 3pm, Race Start: 3:30pm

L4dFVw7.jpg

This is a multi-class semi-endurance event featuring three classes of five, all cars for this event will be spec unless there are any objections about a cars handling, at which point they will be power and weight capped at stock levels with tuning available. The remaining classes will stay spec classes. There will also be an unclassified entrant permitted to run either the '11 or '12 Schulze GT-R.

I've always enjoyed spec-racing, but seeing a field full of the same car bored me some. With this, I can combine spec racing in an event that offers more to more people while racing against an unprecedented field of classes. The points system has been developed to encourage racers to return for more events, while also encouraging clean racing and completion of the event.

During the event, the best way to communicate is to use your keyboard as microphones will not be enabled.

8KWbYM2.jpg

All drivers are expected to know and follow the GTPLanet OnLine Racing (OLR) Rules & Guidelines as well as The Good Racecraft Guide. You will be given one warning to improve your track etiquette at the end of the race should it be found to be unsavory. Should your track etiquette remain sub-par in the next meeting, you will be barred from future racing events until cleared for re-entry.
You are expected to hone your track etiquette and racecraft before participating!

ddj4fTL.jpg

Track: Nurburgring Type V
Room Privacy: Public
Room Comment: VLN 2 Hours
Race Type: Race for Real
Fixed Room Host: No
Max Number of Participants: 16
Race Quality: High
Voice Chat: OFF
Start Type: Grid Start w/ False Start Check
Boost: Off
Penalty: Light (to prevent short-cutting)
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Nitrous: No
Minimum No. of Pit Stops: 2
Required Tire Compound Change: Off
Tire Restrictions: Class Specific
Weather: Yes (Likely)

fGGbgDX.jpg

Qualifying will use a 1-lap shoot-out method, participants will have 10 minutes to run as fast a time as possible. This may mean that some cars do not finish a lap, but GT should still sort you out into fastest and slowest.

Please respect track boundaries at this time, you are to keep two wheels on the track surface while at race speed. If you venture off, slow down and return to course at an appropriate pace so as not to gain an advantage in inadvertent off-track expeditions.

Qualifying in future events will be dependent on track length and the amount of time available.

wlBQNBS.jpg

There will be points awarded for this event and future single events like this. While this is not a series, at the end of the year, a champion will be crowned based on total points over the participation throughout the year. This event will use 3 classes of 5.

Finishing the race is classified as running at the end of the race. DO NOT STOP ON TRACK FOR ANY EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. If there is an emergency, that is acceptable, but if your car is stationary on track (regardless of where), for multiple laps, you will not be scored any points.

In the event that there are only two participants registered in a class, the First place points will not be eligible to win. Thus the highest finishing points a participant can earn against one competitor is two points. Likewise, if there is only one participant in the class, they will only earn 1 point for finishing the race. The points rewarded are based on how many entries were registered before the start of the race, not how many started nor how many finished. Thus if four cars registered for a class and only 2 started and 1 remained then the remaining driver would earn 3 points, plus any applicable bonus points while other cars in it's class were racing.

Additionally, only the Spotless Car bonus points are eligible to earn for a single entry in a class, as the lack of competition make the remaining points, moot. These are also the only bonus points available should a participant run unclassified.

DNF before 65% race completion: Member is eligible to win 1 Pt for finishing position. If the member is disconnected and is able to return to the lobby, he or she will be eligible to maintain Lead a Lap and Fastest Lap bonus points if they remain the lobby and spectate the race until the finish.

DNF after 65% race completion: Member is eligible to win full points in class + All applicable bonus points with the exception of Spotless Car bonus points. Spotless Car bonus points will only be awarded to DNF members if they had started the last lap of the race before being disconnected. Note: If it is found that the member purposely avoided a collision or some other occurrence that could be judged to hinder chances at earning or attempting to maintain Spotless Car bonus points by disconnecting then all bonus points earned for the event will be forfeit by member.

1st. 3 Pts
2nd. 2 Pts
3rd. 1 Pt
4th. 1 Pt
5th. 1 Pt

Bonus Points
Fastest Lap in Class: 1 Pt
Lead a Lap*: 1 Pt
Lead Most Laps in Class: 1 Pt
Spotless Car**: 3 Pts

Bonus Points can only be earned once per race.
*= Racer is credited with crossing the start/finish line in the lead. This point is only eligible to those who do not win the class,
**= When the race is reviewed and your car is found to have no visible cosmetic damage by the end of the event, you will be awarded your bonus points. These points are forfeit if you are given a penalty involving car-to-car contact with another competitor, regardless of your car's condition.

Penalties

Dirty Achiever***: (Points relative)

***= In the event a participant dis-respects track boundaries multiple times while pursuing the next position, he forfeits any points he gained during the lap or finish as a result of that behavior. 2 Tires on the track at all times! Race cleanly!

Points Standings
5 --- hognhominy
5 --- Glenalz81
5 --- Nicktune
4 --- GGGMotorsport
3 --- Hayden
2 --- Snaeper
2 --- Wardez
1 --- nascarfan1400
1 --- BOYRACER7r
1 --- Miata13b
1 --- nail-27
1 --- gtp_Tenderly
1 --- chatva

Tie-Breaker Rounds: At the end of every month, should there be two or more individuals tied in overall points while in the top 10, they will be asked to participate in the same class in order to separate break the tie. Members are encouraged in general to participate in the same classes as those around them, but this in itself is not mandatory. Only the Tie-Breaker rounds will be mandatory.

7JLOZtA.jpg

Oil Changes are highly recommended.

Chassis Improvement is highly recommended. NOTE: Test your car pre and post Chassis improvement in a Tuning-Restricted lobby to ensure it is permitted to race.

Car Appearance Requests: Matte, Color Shift and Chrome colors are allowed, but Solid's, Pearl's and Metallic's are requested. Wheels may be painted any color with any finish, but again, traditional colors (Black/Grey/White/Silver/Gold) are requested with Solid, Metallic and Matte being the requested textures.

For those racing in the SP8 class, you may change the wheels on your car, but please select competition-style wheels and refrain from some of the wheels available from OZ and others that entered via SEMA. I would prefer an audaciously colored racing wheel over a traditionally colored style-wheel. Additionally, try to keep the size of your wheels around the same size of traditional competition wheel. (If you can barely see the tire, they're too big).

Don't worry, there is no penalty for not complying! 👍

Entry Request Guidelines

When requesting a position to race in, it's as simple as copying the format of the entry laid out below and filling it in with your own information. Keep it on a single line and make sure you only include information relevant to that class.

Notes:
  • Number requests are only necessary for cars that have number plates.
  • Colored Wheel requests are only necessary for cars that allow you to paint the wheels
This is an example of a correctly-formatted entry request:
Snaeper/GTP_Snaeper/Grey/Silver/#21

I will not be held responsible for listing incorrect information if it is not provided to me upon your entry request.

57WcllL.jpg

The theme for this event will be Germany's VLN Endurance series known for it's massive racing on the Nurburgring. Cars for this event will be those seen in VLN Racing.

Warning: As of 1.09, many cars standard settings have been altered. Simply go through the tuning menu and hit "Reset to Default" in all categories (usually just the transmission and suspension, though) and your car should become legal.

Additionally, make sure you do not have any aerodynamic parts installed on the car as this is counted as tuning and you will not be permitted entry.

________________________________________________________________________________

Class 1: SP9
Car: Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
Tuning: Prohibited
Tires: Racing Medium
Entrants --

1. hognhominy/hognhominy/Plum Crazy Metallic
  2. youngz/youngz_-_04/Matte Black
  3. glenalz81/Glen-Alz-81/Blue Iliade
  4. gtp_tenderly/tenderly90/Monza Red
  5. noisetanks/cityofthesunset/Lightning Yellow

Class 2: SP3T
Car: Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model (Official Livery available to one person)
Tires: Racing Hard
Entrants --

1. Brutaka/Brutaka_GT/Official Livery
  2. Snaeper/GTP_Snaeper/Imola Yellow/Dark Gray/#21
  3. Leoni Dias/infodevil/Cosmo Mica/GT6 Matte 010/#92
  4. AudiMan2011/Street-King-07/Shoreline Drive Blue/Mineral Grey/#74
  5. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color/Wheel Color/#

Class 3: SP7
Car: BMW M3 GT2 Base Model (Both Official Livery's are available, one per person)
Entrants --

1. -----/BOYRACER7r/Official Livery 2011///
  2. Nicktune/Nic-KL/Green/Black/#3
  3. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color/Wheel Color/#
  4. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color/Wheel Color/#
  5. GTP Username/PSN/Car Color/Wheel Color/#
________________________________________________________________________________

Unclassified
Car:
Schulze GT-R '11 or Schulze GT-R '12
Entrant --
  • GTP Username/PSN

Thoughts? Questions? Please inquire below.

Next Event: 2 Hours of Spa

Classes: GTS, GT3 Open, GT3 Cup 1, GT3 Cup 2
Track: Spa-Francorchamps
Cars: Corvette Z06 LM, Liveried GT3 Cars, GTR GT3 Base Model, SLS AMG GT3

Last edited:
I'm going to try to hold off on picking a car until late in the registration period again... but we'll see. They're all pretty awesome.

IF YOUR GOING TO CALL THIS EVENT "VLN" SHOULDN'T YOU RUN THE TYPE V COURSE?
I can rename it "ADAC GT Masters Nurburgerking Enduro" if it makes you feel better. That's the only other name ill consider.

Well its been awhile since I've raced it so maybe you could answer: Does the type V have weather and time change?

And I know that was the point you were getting at.

Alright, course has been changed to the Type V layout, I'm glad because I prefer that layout but always hated how much flack it got for not having time and weather change by the purists. Glad to race on it with full effects.

Class 2 SP8 Group please
GGGMotorsport/GrimGrnninGhost/Imola Orange/Black

Still a chance I may need to back out but I'll get the ball rolling with the signups!

Wow, three entries in three minutes, I'm impressed.

I got the team VW Volkswagen
Brutaka/ Brutaka_GT/ SP3T

I need the color, not the class in the last entry, please. 👍

EDIT: Or did you mean you'll be using the official livery? Please confirm when you can.

Last edited:
Ok, I am in!

SP3 please!

noisetanks/cityofthesunset/officiallivery/officiallivery/#01

(not sure if whether the car number is possible to choose, please advise)

Updated the next races car entry list. Will be using the GT40 in place of the XJ13 due to that cars easier attain-ability. The OPEN class will be just that, open to cars like the Jaguar, Ferrari P3/4, GT40 Mk 4, Stingray Concept '59, Z06 Racecar, Shelby Cobra, Alfa Romeo TZ, etc.
Ok, I am in!

SP3 please!

noisetanks/cityofthesunset/officiallivery/officiallivery/#01

(not sure if whether the car number is possible to choose, please advise)
You will not be able to change the number I'm afraid. I've got you entered.

Updated the next races car entry list. Will be using the GT40 in place of the XJ13 due to that cars easier attain-ability. The OPEN class will be just that, open to cars like the Jaguar, Ferrari P3/4, GT40 Mk 4, Stingray Concept '59, Z06 Racecar, Shelby Cobra, Alfa Romeo TZ, etc.
You will not be able to change the number I'm afraid. I've got you entered.

Thank you for acceptance into the event, looking forward to it!

Quick question - is it possible to save replays after an online race? Would love to watch it back in the future.

Wow, three entries in three minutes, I'm impressed.

I need the color, not the class in the last entry, please. 👍

EDIT: Or did you mean you'll be using the official livery? Please confirm when you can.
Yes the official one.

Thank you for acceptance into the event, looking forward to it!

Quick question - is it possible to save replays after an online race? Would love to watch it back in the future.
Yes you can, upon finishing the race, you'll see the option for you to save it yourself for your viewing pleasure at any time. As long as you don't leave the room or start and finish a new race, you can save it.

Yes you can, upon finishing the race, you'll see the option for you to save it yourself for your viewing pleasure at any time. As long as you don't leave the room or start and finish a new race, you can save it.

Ok, great stuff! Was also wondering what minor modifications / tuning is permitted, such as wheels, rear wing, oil change, chassis improvement etc.

I purchased the Gazoo Racing FT86 last night, can you please confirm that this is permitted? (the Base Car Model is not available in official livery) - stats are identical, just want to make double-sure.

Thanks buddy!

Ok, great stuff! Was also wondering what minor modifications / tuning is permitted, such as wheels, rear wing, oil change, chassis improvement etc.

I purchased the Gazoo Racing FT86 last night, can you please confirm that this is permitted? (the Base Car Model is not available in official livery) - stats are identical, just want to make double-sure.

Thanks buddy!
As long as no one else requests the Gazoo livery you can run it. It is identical, I just don't want repetitive liveries. Do not adjust the wing, you can adjust brake balance. The rest of your answers are included in the OP.

GGG, ill change that tonight.

Last edited:
The timing for this race works out better here for me as there's no racing on TV that clashes with this.

Class 2: SP8
Car: Lexus IS-F CCS-R

AudiMan2011/Street-King-07/Shoreline Drive Blue/Mineral Grey

As long as no one else requests the Gazoo livery you can run it. It is identical, I just don't want repetitive liveries. Do not adjust the wing, you can adjust brake balance. The rest of your answers are included in the OP.

GGG, ill change that tonight.

Ok, great stuff! Will keep in mind - thanks!

Thread now complete with banner.

Information will be updated due to knowledge from today's Lexus race, please be thorough and re-read the OP the day before the event if possible to make sure you are in the know.

Back