2 hrs of Nurburgring Nordschleife, GT3 event / Sat 21:30 UTC 19th Jan!

• Thread starter Storm_SP17
  • 43 comments

RACE START?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
England
Essex
CWM_StormPacer
banner.jpg

Hello and welcome!

On Saturday 19th January, I shall be hosting a prelude event to a series I have been preparing for commencement in Spring 2019.

It is a GT3 based event, meaning the Gr.3 cars used for the event will have specifications similar to (but not identical to) the GT3s raced around the world.

BoP.jpg

AUDI - R8 LMS '15
#17 / Storm_SP17/ StormPacer

BMW - M6 GT3 "Walkenhorst" '16
#8 / DaGiBuS / BlueXephos22
#26 / Antares26 / The_Noir_Antares
#44 / weescotman / weescotman
#67 / RealJaySee

LAMBORGHINI - Huracan GT3 '15
#28 / Cobani / Cobani

MCLAREN - 650S GT3 '15
#65 / TNR_FILO / TNR_KING_FILO

MERCEDES - AMG GT3 '16
#61 / Sinyster / SinysterPlague
#81 / Theaffliction/ TheAffliction13
#90 / andrew1990 / ajh_1990
Qualifying (Q) will be Racing Hards ONLY, and the room will be set as such until the race is ready to commence.

During the Race, you may swap from the Racing Hard tyre to the Racing Medium tyre.

You are permitted to use ONLY ONE SET of Racing Mediums during the race! When you use them and how many pitstops you spread them over is all on you.

You are permitted to swap to Racing Mediums for the start (should you wish to) once Q is done and lobby settings change to allow the compound's use.

If you accidentally choose Mediums a 2nd time, do your outlap and return to fix the mistake. Try to exploit a glitch, feign some kind of ignorance in-race or fail to adhere these stipulations and you'll be thrown to the wolves for it!

Race Day Procedure:
A room will open for practice ONE HOUR BEFORE RACE START. A 20-minute qualifying session will be held THIRTY MINUTES BEFORE. Once complete, the session will have a 5 minute break before starting but you'll be asked to remain on track so I can collect the laptimes set in quali. If I deem necessary, I'll ask for a screenshot to be taken as you complete your final Q lap...

For the race, I will set the distance by laps that will equate to approx. 2 hrs, with an extra lap included for the formation. The polesitter will be asked which side they wish to take for race start. This is important for later.

FORMATION LAP & RACE START:
In single file, drivers will be allowed to reach a MAXIMUM of 115mph (185km/h) but MUST maintain modest gaps to one another around to the start of the Dottinger straight.

Cars must then slow gradually to 50mph (80km/h) after passing the first overhanging sign where you will be required to safely slot into 2x2 formation. Polesitter must be on their chosen side at this point, and the grid must slot behind accordingly.

The official start to the race is as soon as the polesitter reaches the END of the Dottinger straight and has crossed the sector checkpoint under the last overhead sign.

If any incidents occur that involve the start, I will check post-race to make sure that:
A - polesitter started immediately after crossing the sector checkpoint stated.
B - other drivers have not jumped the start.

Car Allocations and Lobby Settings:
There are 15 total slots for this event. The breakdown is as follows...
- 5 Cars/Manufacturers.
- 3 slots per car.

The lobby settings are as follows...
- Slipstream and off-track surface set to REAL.
- LIGHT damage.
- RH and RM tyres allowed.
- Tyre Wear at x1
- Fuel Depletion x2
- Tuning Allowed
- GR.3, BoP off (due to use of custom BoP)
- TCS / ABS / Driving Line ON.
- ASM and all other aids OFF.
- Ghosting and Autodrive OFF (or as OFF as PD allows... stupid PD...)

More info will definitely be added here, once I can remember what else I need to include! :lol:

Any questions, just ask, but read through first please....

Last edited:
Hello!

Car list is updated. Open to suggestions on a possible car swap for either the McLaren or Lamborghini at this time.

Looks promising.

I'm willing to give the LAMBORGHINI - Huracan GT3 '15 a spin.

PSN: Cobani
NR: #28
Netherlands
TAG HEUER sponsorship
And very orange.

Last edited:
20 minute quali = 1 flying lap?
Given the lap is comfortably under 7 minutes, no... you'll have 2 flying laps if you don't keep warping to the pits.

Please bear in mind... Nordschleife... not N24 layout.

Saturday isn't the best day for me bro, good luck with it though!
No problem, do you mind if I mention this event to your crowd of guys after SGT finale tomorrow?

I'd like to join but I'll already say that i am never100% sure I'll be available then, so put me as a reserve driver if possible. Preferably in the BMW and #67

I'd like to join but I'll already say that i am never100% sure I'll be available then, so put me as a reserve driver if possible. Preferably in the BMW and #67
I can put you as reserve but last official slot for BMW has been taken by Weescotman earlier today.

I'll add you as reserve as I have with @Mr.Skyline09 in the OP.

Since it was my fault for not updating the available slots left when I had time, I will allow your slot to remain as BMW if you decide to turn up.

I can put you as reserve but last official slot for BMW has been taken by Weescotman earlier today.

I'll add you as reserve as I have with @Mr.Skyline09 in the OP.

Since it was my fault for not updating the available slots left when I had time, I will allow your slot to remain as BMW if you decide to turn up.

I understand that you cant keep an eye on this thread 24/7 (:

I can also take one of the available cars if there is someone not joining? That way we keep 3 cars of each brand

Back