+ 2 inch tires

United States
Cordova TN
badger1134
Are there any noticeable advantages to this? Do they allow you to change camber and toe angle without taking away from straight line driving performance???

Unfortunately is does .... When giving a car aftermarket rims in Gran Turismo 6 - the tires appear skinnier, something I just learned. Pics can be seen in the (Spin) thread.
If that correlated to less sidewall flex and therefor sharper steering, that'd be a good thing for some cars. I know it's overused, but perhaps in an update...

But that doesn't necessarily change the physics of the car, right?

Yes, it does.

Bottom of page 11 and page 12 in this thread should explain...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/spin-problem-handling-cars-list.293453/page-11

But in simple terms, it looks like changing the rims gives you 4 equal width rims - and they appear to be based on the front wheel width. So when you change the rims on cars with a wider section rear tyre you end up with a narrower tyre than stock on the back... which leads to grip issues.

Not sure if it's the same on all cars, but it's true for the RGT, GT40 & F40 at least, so likely any car with a wider rear tyre will be affected to some extent.

Fitting custom rims seems to make all 4 tyres the same width, therefore upsetting the balance hugely if the car is supposed to have wider rears. So most road cars and 4WD won't be affected but MR cars and most sports or supersports will likely suffer quite badly. The F40 on which I conducted my testing was truly horrible with custom wheels.

Edit - Bugger off Chris, I thought you were going to bed. :P

Well, I haven't looked into it that much, but it changed the grip levels clearly for the ones I tested. Not sure if it effects each car equally or what.. :grumpy:
Yes, it does.

Bottom of page 11 and page 12 in this thread should explain...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/spin-problem-handling-cars-list.293453/page-11

But in simple terms, it looks like changing the rims gives you 4 equal width rims - and they appear to be based on the front wheel width. So when you change the rims on cars with a wider section rear tyre you end up with a narrower tyre than stock on the back... which leads to grip issues.

Not sure if it's the same on all cars, but it's true for the RGT, GT40 & F40 at least, so likely any car with a wider rear tyre will be affected to some extent.
Thanks for the info guys. 👍

people hating on stance, flushed wheels again, classic
What benefits performance wise* do you get from stancing a car out?

& don't get self conscious :lol: I said nothing about hating on that scene but since you mentioned it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Stance and all that is more like art. just look at lamborghini's for example. They perform well but they were designed to look appealing, the same way stance looks appealing to some of us

Stance and all that is more like art. just look at lamborghini's for example. They perform well but they were designed to look appealing, the same way stance looks appealing to some of us
If done right it is a true art indeed. However I would never do it to my car lol.

If done right it is a true art indeed. However I would never do it to my car lol.

You didn't answer my question. Performance benefits?

Plus I never said I didn't appreciate it for what it is. Look at my avatar. 👍

You didn't answer my question. Performance benefits?

Plus I never said I didn't appreciate it for what it is. Look at my avatar. 👍

If I had a stock Miata with 10K to spend on upgrades, I'd make it a track monster, not a driveway scraper.

My reasons to own a car is to have fun, scraping on everything is not fun.

Performance benefits of a stanced car? Low COG, thats about it. :lol:

If I had a stock Miata with 10K to spend on upgrades, I'd make it a track monster, not a driveway scraper.

My reasons to own a car is to have fun, scraping on everything is not fun.

Performance benefits of a stanced car? Low COG, thats about it. :lol:

Either I got trolled or you're easily swayed. :lol:

Why not give us the option of wheel size and width? And tire size. This could be done so easily. And we'll probably never see it.

Back