+ 2 inch tires

Are there any noticeable advantages to this? Do they allow you to change camber and toe angle without taking away from straight line driving performance???
Custom wheels can change the width, but I haven't noticed much of a difference. It just makes your car look prettier.

They black wheels with chrome lips looks absolutely gorgeous on my silver C7 Vette.

Fitting custom rims seems to make all 4 tyres the same width, therefore upsetting the balance hugely if the car is supposed to have wider rears. So most road cars and 4WD won't be affected but MR cars and most sports or supersports will likely suffer quite badly. The F40 on which I conducted my testing was truly horrible with custom wheels.

Edit - Bugger off Chris, I thought you were going to bed. :P

I did some testing and it does not affect every car, just a select few it seems. The GT40 doesn't suffer when you swap to custom wheels. The 2013 Viper doesn't have any issues nor does the V10 FSI R8. Seems to affect some cars and not others. Definitely a bug that selectively chooses it's victims. I'm going to do some road testing to be sure that it's not affecting the car without actually visually representing the slimmer tires on the GT40.

Using Stowe circuit as my proving ground as it's short and has lots of directional changes. I managed a 55.256 with stock wheels and using custom wheel that dropped to 55.146. Custom wheels seem to affect the balance of the car there is a little less unsprung weight so when you corner the stock suspension throws the car around more, I thought the car was skittish but when I noticed my lap time was down only after 2 laps I knew something was up.

Seems PD model weight changes but do not make it affect PP, which it should I eked out performance without trying. I did 5 laps in the car stock, changed rims came back and drove nearly a full second less after only 2 laps. Suspension and wheels need to work together in this game, PD needs to show how much weight is being added or lost when you change wheels. The wheels width did not change when swapping custom wheels, but the weight definitely did and it showed as the stock suspension was not very nice and the car felt very loose compared to stock wheels. I'm keeping custom wheels on my GT40, just have to get a different suspension setup for it. PD we need more values divulged to us so we can make the necessary adjustments. One more thing to add to the list of additions in the game.

EDIT

Checked some things and I noticed that so far only the GT40 seems to be immune to the weird wheel bug. I was wrong about the other cars I checked each of them and they all lose tire width only the GT40 retains its original tires when you change rims. Will search for more car, hopefully there isn't only one that is immune to this bug.

Last edited:
Back