2 of the same cars BUT 1 of them has less horsepower? How?

• Thread starter MSX 7
  • 53 comments
There is a difference too between cars as a gift and cars who came in the deluxe edition (max speed/accl/brake/corner). Don't know if it's the same thing.
Sorry for my bad english.

I know that there is a difference but i still dont know why my car went from 693BHP to 692BHP
(This happened after i driven 13.5k +/- km with that car) i dont know the exact point but maybe its connected with the loss of horsepower

Yes this is odd. But it's only 1HP difference and the cars have different mileage. On a quick glance this is how I would explain the very small difference. But this game is still new and we are still learning its idiosyncrasies.

I also miss the oil change feature, as well as the actual car modifications in previous games, compared to a simple "power increase" in GT Sport.

Maybe they're making it more realistic... You know, like in real life when the oil indicator comes on and you just drive to the dealer and buy a new car. :lol:

Or like that new proposed iPhone, no need for a charger cord. Just buy a new one when it runs the battery flat.

I tried to find a way to contact polyphony digital but everything is in japanese so its very hard. Didnt had any luck finding it but I will research tonight again.

If I succeed finding it then we can maybe point out other problems or missing things aswell that we like/want to see in the game.

For example I want to be able to save my ghost @ time trial. I also want to be able to adjust the transparacy level of a time trial ghost.
But yea lets try to adress the most important ones first If i succeed finding there email tonight

If i fail then we can always spam the Granturismo creator at twitter. As last resort. Let our voice be heared!

(Sorry for my crappy english skill)

Last edited:
I tried to find a way to contact polyphony digital but everything is in japanese so its very hard. Didnt had any luck finding it but I will research tonight again.

But yea lets try to adress the most important ones first If i succeed finding there email tonight
You won't. Precisely for the following reason:
If i fail then we can always spam the Granturismo creator at twitter. As last resort. Let our voice be heared!
That's only going to succeed in annoying, and getting you onto ignore and block lists. Do you think that's going to help you get whatever you think you need out of the game?

If I succeed finding it then we can maybe point out other problems or missing things aswell that we like/want to see in the game.
For example I want to be able to save my ghost @ time trial. I also want to be able to adjust the transparacy level of a time trial ghost.
But yea lets try to adress the most important ones first If i succeed finding there email tonight.
If I fail then we can always spam the Granturismo creator at twitter. As last resort. Let our voice be heared!

If there were a way for players to contact PD directly, and they read/listened to all the feedback, I am sure they would be drowning in comments. Look at how many gripe threads are on GTPlanet.net, and this is just one of many forums. How could they possibly keep up with customer feedback, requests for cars/tracks, criticisms, etc etc. and also continue to produce all the new content that has been promised for the near future? I'm just saying, you might find a way to send a direct message to PD but it's not likely that you'll get any response. They might have people that troll these forums for information, who knows. They are probably handling the biggest problems as quickly as they can and creating a list of all the others... maybe they will be addressed, maybe not. I suspect that this problem (two of the same exact car have a 1 HP difference) is low on their priority list.

You won't. Precisely for the following reason:

That's only going to succeed in annoying, and getting you onto ignore and block lists. Do you think that's going to help you get whatever you think you need out of the game?

If they would've fixed a option for the community to give proper feedback like allot of games have then I wouldnt feel the need to search for contact.
I dont think i would get blocked if I adress some problems (not only mine) if I write a normal message on his page.
Its not that Im planning to type with capslock on combined with allot of ''!!!!'' and rage.
Im sure they are busy with allot of updates etc but that doenst mean that they know all the problems ingame.
At the end its better then trying nothing at all.

If they would've fixed a option for the community to give proper feedback like allot of games have then I wouldnt feel the need to search for contact.
GT Sport is a first party game. The community for proper feedback is the official Sony PlayStation forums.
I dont think i would get blocked if I adress some problems (not only mine) if I write a normal message on his page.
Its not that Im planning to type with capslock on combined with allot of ''!!!!'' and rage.
But you are planning to "spam" Kazunori Yamauchi's Twitter...

GT Sport is a first party game. The community for proper feedback is the official Sony PlayStation forums.

But you are planning to "spam" Kazunori Yamauchi's Twitter...

From my experience Playstation forum is kinda mehh. They are still thousands of topics with usefull info that have never been heared or replied to.
Im not planning to wait for answers overthere.
Spamming is maybe a overstatement. I would get blocked y if I literally did that.

I just checked, I have a DLC version and a Brand central version, They are indeed very different on the performance scales, Good find 👍

It would be weird if a DLC car, gift car or brand central car are any different. But just to make sure, can you check if the same type of tyres are equipped? Since changing tyres also affects the stats.

Back on topic, I have been farming mileage points a lot with my Doge Tomahawk Technology (nearly 30.000 km now) and a few days ago I received a brand new double. The BHP sure has been wearing off on the older one. Just check out these photos, the 30k km one (red one) lost 10 BHP and a bit of torque.

This should really be fixed...

F4469AD0-68B0-4FBD-868F-541A1B18E605.jpeg
86DFB4C2-B4AF-41B9-AD97-9D6D6553F884.jpeg
F71A7E86-1AB4-4BEC-B41C-E2DFA11DDFB2.jpeg

I would imagine within GT Sport that vehicles will degrade over time due to mileage. Not having the ability to oil change will then force us to spend credits on a new car. Even though most of us will not be pleased about this, I think this may be how it is based on what I read above.
I will go home after work and check the cars I grind with and report back tomorrow.

Yeah good luck with that lol :lol:;)

So I checked my cars, no power loss yet.
I also don't own anything with more than 14k km...yet.
I will grind some more and check back.

I thinks its kind of realistic in a funny way, but i would prefer an "engine overhaul" feature, than just have to by a new car.

I thinks its kind of realistic in a funny way, but i would prefer an "engine overhaul" feature, than just have to by a new car.

Yeah I agree
That mechanic would maked more sense if they put that oil refreshing option in the game. Maybe they fergot itxd

I'd rather they have offline races that resemble real racing rather than cherrypicking the most obscure, cumbersome aspects of reality. I suspect this was more of an accidental carry over from GT6 rather than a deliberate inclusion however.

It would be weird if a DLC car, gift car or brand central car are any different. But just to make sure, can you check if the same type of tyres are equipped? Since changing tyres also affects the stats.

Back on topic, I have been farming mileage points a lot with my Doge Tomahawk Technology (nearly 30.000 km now) and a few days ago I received a brand new double. The BHP sure has been wearing off on the older one. Just check out these photos, the 30k km one (red one) lost 10 BHP and a bit of torque.

This should really be fixed...

View attachment 705958 View attachment 705959 View attachment 705960

When I first saw the OP I wanted to wait and see if it was one-off, or if more people started to discover it when they put in the mileage.

Why is no-one concerned about this? We should not have to buy a new car after a certain amount of mileage... It's a ridiculous feature as it stands by itself. If they would at least allow us to spend on maintaining and working on the car every now and then I wouldn't mind...

Maybe they're making it more realistic... You know, like in real life when the oil indicator comes on and you just drive to the dealer and buy a new car. :lol:

I'm a Subaru racer. I just swap engines....

No difference whatsoever, I have 3 Gr B Subaru's, 2 as Gift cars and 1 as DLC car, They all have the same power, The same arcade style performance characteristics bars, Everything exactly the same. The reason I suspect that they are all the same is that I have driven none of them, They all have 0 miles.

So, you probably have only blown 2 engines at this point

Back