2 strokes

• Thread starter addictions
  • 35 comments
adddictions & GTP_adddictions
addictionGTP@googlemail.com
this is my mito i built from a almost rolling frame
arrow front section 2000 full power kevlar can tmx 35mm carb ported 7speed version
2z8asn4.jpg

Last edited:
nice cagiva mate my cuz had one but got rid becase of parts availability and price.
nice and clean like it mate

this is my 1992 yamaha tzr 125 (ypvs)

I bought it as a bodge job wreak and set away rebuilding it.
the frame had another winter in it and the rust would have killed it.
it had a rebuilt engine tho so not to bad and it did 97mph before the leaking forks almost caused me to take a rather unplanned shortcut through a country side fence :lol:

some pics

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0077.jpg

DSCF0076.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0080.jpg

DSCF0087.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

DSCF0007-1-1.jpg

DSCF0009-1.jpg

DSCF0019.jpg

DSCF0011.jpg

DSCF0012.jpg

DSCF0017.jpg

DSCF0015-1.jpg

96a464f5.jpg

untitled.jpg

Image0029.jpg

Image0018.jpg

still on going if you would like to see more click on my signature

sweet mate most people ride 2 strokes till there bags of **** its nice to see them looking healthy

it had a rebuilt engine tho so not to bad and it did 97mph before the leaking forks almost caused me to take a rather unplanned shortcut through a country side fence :lol:

97mph?
Impressive 👍
What mods have been done to the engine to get it up there?

Are we talking about 12 bhp 125's here?

no mines the mito evolution (7 speed version) which is 33bhp stock
tmx 35mm carb
arrow front section
2000 model full power kevlar end can
carbon reeds
wossner forged piston
ported and polished
ngk racing plug

Remember that 2-strokes basically make twice as much power as an equivalent-displacement 4-stroke, because they fire twice as often. There are other issues, though, (they intentionally burn their own lubricating oil mixed into the fuel, hence the poor emissions) but have advantages in simplicity and cold-weather operation...which is why many snowmobiles still use them, when their wheeled ATV cousins have switched to torquier and cleaner 4-strokes.

I'm currently looking into getting a new exhaust onto mine, the old ones rusted alot, bonus is when that old pipe goes so does a large proportion of the power restriction. It hits 75-80mph as it is, learner legal state so under 14.6bhp IIRC, so it shifts a plenty already but it will be interesting to see how it is unleashed.

still on going if you would like to see more click on my signature

/me can find no linkage in signature, and I would like to see more. Love resto projects...

I've always bought 2 stroke bike's, the smell of fully synthetic oil was addictive. Last one I had and the fastest was the '94 RGV 250, I bought it cheap because I had to swap the frame as it was crashed, although still driveable. Really suprized my buddy who drove me up to collect it, he had 270bhp sierra cosworth and the RGV left him standing:)

Can you still buy any 2 strokes new? Would love an Aprilia RS 250 next. My buddy says he saw a Bimota 500 2 stroke for sale in Dublin last week, V due I think they are called, rare too.

Last edited:
I've always bought 2 stroke bike's, the smell of fully synthetic oil was addictive. Last one I had and the fastest was the '94 RGV 250, I bought it cheap because I had to swap the frame as it was crashed, although still driveable. Really suprized my buddy who drove me up to collect it, he had 270bhp sierra cosworth and the RGV left him standing:)

Can you still buy any 2 strokes new? Would love an Aprilia RS 250 next. My buddy says he saw a Bimota 500 2 stroke for sale in Dublin last week, V due I think they are called, rare too.

you can still get smaller 2 strokes like 125's example cagiva mito 525 sp but they run a slightly different system to the old 1's regarding the carb
i love the RGV 250 especially the banana swing arm model i also like the KR1S but it aint as reliable
theres some guys on 125ccsportsbike forum with cagiva mito's with RD 350 lumps in them....

My one had the banana swing arm and the two exhausts on one side, the only pictures I have, it's in the backround and before I painted it the suzuki race colours. :( I saw a TZR250rr in thailand last year, beautiful bike in perfect condition, they're very rare to find here.
The mito's have a good frame, I think i remember people putting 650cc singles in them.

yeh i'v seen a couple with big singles in them. theres some right creations out there.
you jammy git i love that bike

I'd buy an RGV again, but I'd buy one already in good condition. Every bike I bought was a fixer upper, and it's the opposite with cars, I always buy cars in very good condition. I think it's easier to make a perfect bike than a perfect car. The worst thing I did to that bike was tune it, it was perfectly reliable until I skimmed the heads and blocked the power valves... I had a race preped engine in it at one stage too, it was a rocket, beating 600cc sports bikes, but I had to carry two stroke and a measuring jug around as the premix was removed:)

I'd buy an RGV again, but I'd buy one already in good condition. Every bike I bought was a fixer upper, and it's the opposite with cars, I always buy cars in very good condition. I think it's easier to make a perfect bike than a perfect car. The worst thing I did to that bike was tune it, it was perfectly reliable until I skimmed the heads and blocked the power valves... I had a race preped engine in it at one stage too, it was a rocket, beating 600cc sports bikes, but I had to carry two stroke and a measuring jug around as the premix was removed:)

lol i'm pretty much the same good cars poor bikes my cars are on my profile the focus has been lowed on photoshop before you ask.
it took a year to build my mito from a frame and boxes of bit had to get a few bits off ebay and repair most the plastics and all in all cost me £450 this includes parts, paint, new michi pilots (which i'v now replaced with bridgestone 016R's) & m.o.t my mate did the stickers for me to my orders.
mint RGV's fetch really good money now it's unbelievable think it due to the 2 stroke being a dying breed

I guess I went mid way, the bike ran but it wasn't in brilliant nick. Now in it's good condition with a little weathering but nothing major. I will ride it til it dies though so I'm not to fussed on value as long as it runs well and will go as long as possible.

I had no interest in selling the RGV, but this guy kept bugging me to sell it and offering loads of money, it looked like a new bike when I was finished. I'm sorry I sold it now. I saw your lowered focus lol, I would have wondered how you drove it that low. How can I post a picture from my computer on here?

I always wanted a Mito when I was younger. but they were too expensive at the time.

To post your picture on here, most people use a image host like imageshack or photobucket (google them), then you post the URL of your image inside [ img] [/ img] but with no spaces inside the squared brackets. When you're writing your post make sure to 'go advanced' rather then quick reply and you'll see a little box with upload to imageshack in additional options, you could also attach the image file if you'd rather.

Thanks Dragonistic, don't know how I missed that.

Bad pics but you get the idea.

Attachments

• DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC00019.jpg
    DSC00019.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 25
sweet mate most people ride 2 strokes till there bags of **** its nice to see them looking healthy

yea its a shame to and the TZR is getting fewer and fewer.

97mph?
Impressive 👍
What mods have been done to the engine to get it up there?

i am not sure as i bought it with a tuned engine the speed was tacking from an electric speedometer.

up to now i know the bottom end and gearing has been played with and the same with the power valve.

after the resto the engine will be rebuilt to produce as much low down torque as i can get and the same deal with the sprockets top speed on a 125 is never going to be ground breaking with out reliability being wreaked so i rather more low down power.

Ok, i'll share mine :D I'm only 16 so 50cc :P

First bike was an RS50, fresno system, up jetted to suit, 21mm race carb, k&n filter. Would top at 73mph.

Unfortunately it was the most unreliable thing on earth, never started, if left for anymore than 30 mins it would refuse to start on button and clutch would seize making bumping it an arse. So that went (bought for £550 sold for £800 ..somehow)

But reliability is killed at the cost of speed, and it was ridiculously fast for a 50.

So I then needed something that would work to get me around, found an MBK booster near me, got it off ebay for £210. Parents went and picked it up, when it came back it needed so much more than was described... Was a complete wreck, however mechanically sound.
(the attatched pic is once I had it stripped down so it was easy to work on)

Spent £220 getting it road worthy, resprayed myself, did all the work myself. Took it for an MOT and they fitted a whole new wiring loom (>_>?) that was an extra £90.
But it ended up looking nice, massive tyres make it ride quite nice, was fun adjusting from the rs to it but it's not that bad :] will do a decent 50-55mph. And works always, what else do you need?
(it's the matte black/orange one in final pic :])

Attachments

• app2.jpg
    app2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 12
  • P180210_18.220001.jpg
    P180210_18.220001.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 13
  • P200210_18.200001.jpg
    P200210_18.200001.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 13
  • P210310_16.380001.jpg
    P210310_16.380001.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Good stuff, you'll want to make sure you don't turn 50-55mph into a cruise speed for the little moped though, I was forced into doing so by being on busy A roads (the A5 for 10 miles or so one way, twice a day) as going any slower would end up downright dangerous. That was on my now long dead Speedfight 2, not that I miss it much especially now I have my DTX. The RS also looks very nice but the reliability is exactly what stopped me considering an RS125 before I knew the DTX existed which I instantly fell in love with.

Back