2 strokes

• Thread starter addictions
  • 35 comments
Bit of an update I was involved in a hit and run a few weeks ago so my Mito looks a proper wreck now but watch this space. I'll post pics when she's alive again.

Cimanu: 81mm race carb
Thats about the size of your engine. My Mito's a 35mm.

Good stuff, you'll want to make sure you don't turn 50-55mph into a cruise speed for the little moped though, I was forced into doing so by being on busy A roads (the A5 for 10 miles or so one way, twice a day) as going any slower would end up downright dangerous. That was on my now long dead Speedfight 2, not that I miss it much especially now I have my DTX. The RS also looks very nice but the reliability is exactly what stopped me considering an RS125 before I knew the DTX existed which I instantly fell in love with.

Yeah I do 50 ish on A roads but luckily I live about 6 mins from town and there you pootle about under 30 so it should do ok.
The rs was superb for turning up on and people on their scooters go 'is that yours?!?!' and your just like... yus ;], Then it doesn't start xD

:lol: It's to true, there was an RS125 owner at college and he saw my DT and complimented it, I replied "Nice RS, shame I bet it won't start now" I hit the button on my DT and it starts up near instantly, he tries to start his RS... nothing. I suggested he play with the choke a little and he eventually got it going.

:lol: It's to true, there was an RS125 owner at college and he saw my DT and complimented it, I replied "Nice RS, shame I bet it won't start now" I hit the button on my DT and it starts up near instantly, he tries to start his RS... nothing. I suggested he play with the choke a little and he eventually got it going.

Yep xD that's what happens really, rs50's will run happily if you don't over do it, if you have it so it tops at about 55mph it'll be fine, but then you may aswell have a scooter. So they're all tuned to the edge so they'll just do 70 and become useless. But the whole point of having a bike that looks like that is to be quick, so 50's do 70 odd and 125's do 100+.
I ran mine up and down road 5 minutes before buyer came to collect it (it was sold on ebay since it looked amazing in pics) and it started on the button because of it.. was so lucky, haven't heard anymore since so I dunno how the bloke got on with it.

You sure it wasn't a 21mm carb?

Yes it was sorry, what did I put.. 81 XD haha sorry about that.

Last edited:
A well deserved update.

Here she is. All most sorted after my accident just waiting on new disc bolt & a few bits & bobs.

2jfwyv4.jpg

1427tio.jpg

2dr9jd5.jpg

o8tdgo.jpg

2yxlwm9.jpg

2m7ytja.jpg

bi9f6c.jpg

The bike also made this guy who he is today.

2zf05rl.jpg

Back