20 million credits for free!

The point of gran turismo is play the same ****** race against ******** AI for months, of course. Then, you can buy an expensive car, play it for a few hours then go back to that ****** race for a few more months so you can restore the expensive car's body rigidity. I've played every GT except the PSP version, that's exactly what I want from a GT game :)

I'm not gonna use that glitch. What's the point of playing gran turismo then?
Is that a real question? The point of playing Gran Turismo is usually to drive cars in a virtual environment that you would not likely be able to get your hands on, on tracks that you are not likely to be able to get access to. Its a fantasy fest for petrol heads. (Stop me if I'm going too fast) Which actually means that doing this glitch gives you much better scope for enjoying the game than if you don't. Its ok though, you drive around on your moral high ground in a Honda Fit if you like. Me, I'll be trolling online race lobbies with cars I can't handle.

No, wait....

Is that a real question? The point of playing Gran Turismo is usually to drive cars in a virtual environment that you would not likely be able to get your hands on, on tracks that you are not likely to be able to get access to. Its a fantasy fest for petrol heads. (Stop me if I'm going too fast) Which actually means that doing this glitch gives you much better scope for enjoying the game than if you don't. Its ok though, you drive around on your moral high ground in a Honda Fit if you like. Me, I'll be trolling online race lobbies with cars I can't handle.

No, wait....

It has been a long time since I sold the fit. I think it is a real challenge to gain money doing races. If I want to have some money fast, I will do Like the wind on SSX with my GT-R BE. 45000 money in 4 minutes may not be very much but this way the game won't get boring.
It seems you feel recognition in the descriped person in my post though.

You can't bait me with puerile insults lad. :P If you think you can 'play the game' effectively and get the best cars with the game's current economy, then you're in for a surprise. A real challenge, as you put it, is racing against the best in top-line racing cars, or pitting yourself against the same in time trials. Believe me, I won't get bored of that...

I think why people want to use this money glitch is the credits are so low now and players just want a pay rise.

I think why people want to use this money glitch is the credits are so low now and players just want a pay rise.
Perhaps we should just all go on strike and refuse to drive until PD get their act together and deliver a real game, eh? ;)

Yes. That´s it. And not only a "pay rise", but the old monetary system. Just that.

It´s so clear that the system is designed about microtransactions that you can´t help but try and use the glitch...

And, to be clear to PD apologists.... IT´S NOT OUR FAULT. IT´S PD (or Sony) FAULT.

Yes. That´s it. And not only a "pay rise", but the old monetary system. Just that.

It´s so clear that the system is designed about microtransactions that you can´t help but try and use the glitch...

And, to be clear to PD apologists.... IT´S NOT OUR FAULT. IT´S PD (or Sony) FAULT.
Very well said.

So you can't make v1.01 write a bit of code into the save that tells it to not work on any version older than 1.01 or taking it to lesser extremes, tell it to make car so and so worth less money?

As far as I know you can't write that kind of code into the save because that would clash with the already existing codes, causing massive hangups (like the one you see when a future car is your selected car and you go into the garage). The game crashes because the engine is told to process something that hadn't been implemented by the time 1.00 was created, thus creating friction between existing code and added code.

You can, however, make savefiles created in, let's say, version 1.04 and hardcode into that savefile that it will be incompatible with older versions. That would create a 'corrupt savefile' when trying to open it in 1.00 so to speak, unable to be read by older versions.

Do you have to delete the patch, is it not possible to move to a portable HD then put it back on the PS3 rather than re downloading?

Do you have to delete the patch, is it not possible to move to a portable HD then put it back on the PS3 rather than re downloading?

No, you can´t. And be glad that you don´t have to download the full 15 GB as those of us who have the digital version from PSN have to do ;).... (And the patch then)

With all that said, there was a post before that talks about making a full HDD backup with the 1.01 patch installed, then deleting the patch, doing the glitch, do a backup of the savegame, then restore the hdd image, and then overwrite the savegame... but I didn´t see any update to that.... I can´t be anywhere sure that that would work.

@PAPPACLART You can't copy or save the patch to an external storage device. No option but to delete. Unless you have two PS3's, one in 1.01 and one in 1.00. That's the easier and quicker way to do this:

1 - Buy BMWs in 1.01 for 120.000 each
2 - Save the game progression file to a USB pen.
3 - Load it into the 1.00 PS3
4 - Sell BMWs at 20.000.000 each and buy the cars you want
5 - Save the game progression file into a USB pen
6 - Load that savegame into the 1.01 PS3

Done.

The m4 just made this whole process a lot easier and faster with its relative low cost compared to the vision mercedes.

The m4 just made this whole process a lot easier and faster with its relative low cost compared to the vision mercedes.

Maybe not, as you can buy quite a few of them with 20M, which obviously takes quite a lot longer than buying 20 Mercs, needless to say, a little more confusing too when it comes to selling them :crazy:

Cheers guys.

Ok I just deleted the 1.01 patch but in 1.0 I load up the game, go to garage and get a black screen. Have to hard turn off the ps3 and re start?

I love the glitch! now I can finish the game sooner, and get back to my real life!
Thats the point.

I understand why people say I won´t use it, because I will make the money by playing.
But on the other hand I´m a family guy, 39yo with a stressfull job, 2 kids, a house, wife, other hobbies and I don´t have the time to play 5 hours every day.
For me it´s relaxing to do one or two races in the evening and that´s it. But this I like to do with a REAL car and not with a Honda Fit or a Toyota Vitz.
So for me this glitch is perfect!

We get taxed the hell out of in real life and now they try to implement a tax like economy in a GAME!?

seriously GT6 economy sucks real bad and no doubt it was by design so that the micro transaction would be appealing. The day that I have no choice but to buy in game credits to buy anything that I already paid for then I will quite, simple as that.

What is PD thinking? Do real race teams lose out when they go to an event? I doubt that very much. If I take a race car and do a 5 event race championship twice then chances are I will have to spend 500,000 - 1,000,000 cr to keep the car maintained which would mean I have now lost what I earned and more, much more.

I did alot of grinding in GT5 to earn my cars which I think is a waste of valuable time, you see I just want to drive any car I want whenever I want. I'm a working family man with not much free time on my hands, so when I get the time I just want to race online with friends and like minded people, not spend hours and months on end just to get the cars I want, and then more grinding to keep them maintained!? Come on PD.

I don't believe for a second that there is a bug in the pits workshop that has made the rigity wear out like the engine oil. It is by design so obvious to see. Anyway the pits workshop IMO should be taken out of the game, its useless. People want real damage on cars body work while we are on the track with debris flying all over place, which adds more to the emmersive fun aspect of the game. Who wants a realistic maintenace that is only a hindrance with this economy?

Brainwave here. You can do this with two hard disks instead of two PS3s if you really wanted to. Just make sure one hard disk is at 1.00 and the other is at 1.01. If you do it with this method (without ever patching either) then the glitch will work indefinitely.

Confirmed! Great alternative for those of us with the digital version. Had already d/l'd and installed the game 3 times last weekend, but did it one more time to try this out. Huge time/bandwidth saver, works great!

For anyone wondering: you have 2 hdds, 1 with 1.00 and the other with 1.01, which you can swap back and forth to switch between versions. Doesn't affect the ps3 or game files in any way.

note: For this, I used my ps3's stock hdd which I had replaced a while ago. It had outdated firmware so the PS3 required that I update the firmware installed on that drive to the the latest firmware. If this happens to you, follow these instructions to dl the firmware onto a usb device and all you have to do is plug in into the ps3, press select+start and it'll start the update process for the older hdd.

How is that possible? I heard that the car limit is 500 in your garage.
The garage is basically just to hold your active cars, which you can only up to 500.

The rest of your cars you can place in the stockyard, which fits thousands. Those cars will be "inactive" and archived so the game doesn't have to load ALL of your cars all the time (saves memory, improves performance).

For those using it with two PS3s. Do I need to have the SAME account on both PS3s? Or if I use Aero-R in my 1.01 PS3 and GTP_Aero-R in my second PS3 is ok? (in other words I don't know if the save file is linked to the PSN account ID or if it can be exchanged without worries)

Cheers guys.

Ok I just deleted the 1.01 patch but in 1.0 I load up the game, go to garage and get a black screen. Have to hard turn off the ps3 and re start?

You probably have the BMW selected as the car in use and that makes the game freeze because version 1.00 doesn't handle this car properly (it's a glitch that it can be sold, but never select it or this is the result).

Not sure if you can change the selected car without going to the garage. If you can't then there's only one solution. Load 1.01 again (it's at least 15 minutes) and change the car selected to the Fit or any other that came in the original game version.

For those using it with two PS3s. Do I need to have the SAME account on both PS3s? Or if I use Aero-R in my 1.01 PS3 and GTP_Aero-R in my second PS3 is ok? (in other words I don't know if the save file is linked to the PSN account ID or if it can be exchanged without worries)

Yes, it's linked to your PSN account. So if you don't want to resign your savegame you better use the same account on both PS3s. So did I.

Well the way I see it, the initial purchase has paid for the game and all it's contents. However the economy means gaining access to all this content we have already paid for is time consuming and unachievable for most. This glitch simply gives us access to any car we want (and have already paid for).

Sorry PD but I'm not paying RRP for a disc and access to only 20-30% of the cars on offer.

Well the way I see it, the initial purchase has paid for the game and all it's contents. However the economy means gaining access to all this content we have already paid for is time consuming and unachievable for most. This glitch simply gives us access to any car we want (and have already paid for).

Sorry PD but I'm not paying RRP for a disc and access to only 20-30% of the cars on offer.

It doesn't really help that when you buy an expensive car and start racing it, you'll have to grind not only to buy new cars, but also to maintain body rigidity of your race car (or it's performance will suffer). This may be a bug/glitch, but then again maybe they meant it to be this way.

You probably have the BMW selected as the car in use and that makes the game freeze because version 1.00 doesn't handle this car properly (it's a glitch that it can be sold, but never select it or this is the result).

Not sure if you can change the selected car without going to the garage. If you can't then there's only one solution. Load 1.01 again (it's at least 15 minutes) and change the car selected to the Fit or any other that came in the original game version.

That is exactly what I thought as the last car I used in patch 1.01 is the Merc concept. I will try again later. Thanks for the help.

Back