20 million credits for free!

wow, what about peoples which garage was gone even before this glitch was discovered? should PD give them money back as credis in game hava a monetary value? maybe guys which lost everything in game should count PD for time wasting too? if it's so expensive....

I would guess that the EULA that everyone agrees to, but hardly anyone reads covers PD\SONY from any liability, meaning that any legal action would be a 1 way street.

This is pretty awesome, and for those who hate the new economy - perfect. Pity I am not one of em.

I don't see legal action possible. We are not hacking or disturbing the program to steal. We are just using the game and selling our cars which us allowed. Not my fault they are paying me millions for them.

I am allowed to delete patches
I am allowed to buy cars
I am allowed to sell cars
I am allowed to reinstall patched

This is pretty awesome, and for those who hate the new economy - perfect. Pity I am not one of em.

thats the way speeding game progres should look like! they should give user optoions during game start like this:

a) I have no time for grinding so give me nice sum of credits at the begining to avoid my frustration
b) I love to spend hundred of hours on like the wind event and grinding, dont agree on free money

but instead of this they are foolish us taking 🤬 about microtrancactions and its positive influence on users. this is a pure greed and SONY deservs that glitch in my opinion. i hate when other try to make me idiot, they sould be honest at least

I wrote sony not pd because in my opinion Kaz is realy great man, i have great respect for him and his pilosophy and even dot try to blame him. it's sony, im almost sure :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Unlikely they'll pursue legal action, though they could start banning consoles and accounts.

Seeing as how everyone on this thread has admitted to glitching while having their PSN ID showing for the world to see...

Who knows what they will do.

Say conservatively 1,000 people have done this, and the value of the glitch is around $2,800 as mentioned earlier in the thread, that's $2.8million of potential revenue, that's not small change. The fact the people who have done it have made themselves easily identifiable is just a bonus.
If I was a business owner, given the potential amounts of money, I would have to at least seriously consider it.

So can people do this over and over? Just get the 20,000,000 then buy a bunch of cars, do it again, get 20,000,000 more, buy more cars, rinse and repeat?

Well i better buy the game sooner or this thing could get patched ! *put on pants and run to the nearest game store.

I don't see legal action possible. We are not hacking or disturbing the program to steal. We are just using the game and selling our cars which us allowed. Not my fault they are paying me millions for them.

I am allowed to delete patches
I am allowed to buy cars
I am allowed to sell cars
I am allowed to reinstall patched

That's an oversimplified view.

Each individual action is OK, but the combination of them, with rolling back and adding patches may not be.

Assume we're in the US:
I'm allowed to own and wear a balaclava
I'm allowed to own a gun
I'm allowed to fire the gun
I'm allowed to go into a bank and ask for money

Can I do all of the above actions together?

I don't know what the outcome will be, and I don't really have a hope either way, I just thought I'd play devils advocate.

thats the way speeding game progres should look like! they should give user optoions during game start like this:

a) I have no time for grinding so give me nice sum of credits at the begining to avoid my frustration
b) I love to spend hundred of hours on like the wind event and grinding, dont agree on free money

but instead of this they are foolish us taking bul**** about microtrancactions and its positive influence on users. this is a pure greed and SONY deservs that glitch in my opinion. i hate when other try to make me idiot, they sould be honest at least

I wrote sony not pd because in my opinion Kaz is realy great man, i have great respect for him and his pilosophy and even dot try to blame him. it's sony, im almost sure :)
I absolutely despise Microtransactions, so I really hope that everyone sticks it to Sony. Problem is, I love that feeling when you earn your first really expensive car...and that Monster Sport SX4 is calling my name dude.

So can people do this over and over? Just get the 20,000,000 then buy a bunch of cars, do it again, get 20,000,000 more, buy more cars, rinse and repeat?

Until your garage is full and you put cars in your stockyard. Which deletes them :lol:

At least one glitch to a certain degree cancels out another! You won't find anyone with 10,499 X2011s

They are welcomed not required, unlike on this forum the minute you forget a period or capital letter you get harassed. But hey, i guess this "international forum" only welcomes native english speakers with english language majors

You have a pretty low tolerance if you think you're being harassed. I asked nicely. And the rule is there to help with consistency so more people can more easily comprehend what others are trying to communicate.

yes you can, each time you go through the 1.01-> 1.00 process, you are potentially bringing 400,000,000 into 1.00, just remember to bring back 20,000,000 back to 1.01 s.t. you can go around again (if you are still not bored).

I'd recommend to get another psn account for this, not for security reason, simply because you can enjoy the game in the original way.

considering game credits can't be trade around anyways, I don't think this will cause that big of a problem.

To be fair, the current race reward is fine and fun if you treat is like a real life/career. Buying one or two cars once a long while and thoroughly enjoy it for a good period of time.
But when player get into another level and just want to try out different cars, both the race reward, and the micro-transaction are giving back too low.
They should enable some special hardcore mode, or give multiple times the race reward when player has reached a certain level.
Thus both ensure player to have a fun race career, and let players enjoy the cars afterwards.
Like GT5 with its seasonal events.

Last edited:
They are welcomed not required
Unless you go into a private place where they're part of the rules. Then they are.
unlike on this forum the minute you forget a period or capital letter you get harassed
This has never happened.
But hey, i guess this "international forum" only welcomes native english speakers with english language majors
I'm particularly fond of the fact you addressed that to a Croatian.

You agreed to the AUP. You were free not to. Having a stress about it now isn't really all that helpful to anyone.

I'm mostly tempted to do this to give myself a decent Arcade mode selection, since PD messed that up. I play local multiplayer quite a bit.

Until your garage is full and you put cars in your stockyard. Which deletes them :lol:

At least one glitch to a certain degree cancels out another! You won't find anyone with 10,499 X2011s

So how do you do it? Delete the patch, sell the car, get the 20 million, then what? Install the patch, buy the car, delete the patch and do it again? Or do you just not install the patch for a while?

I really don’t see how Sony/PD can do anything about this beyond patch it out.

Taking legal action was always going to be extremely difficult and now it’s completely public it is totally unrealistic – too many people will have done this, and they’d have to also pursue IGN for publishing details of how to do it… which would be commercial suicide for them.

I suppose they could put a patch out to wipe everyone’s garage back to the start, but how do they distinguish between those that have glitched and those that haven’t? All this would do is completely alienate their entire user base.

They only have themselves to blame.

This is not hacking, it’s their programming error. The payouts, whilst fine at the beginning of the game, do not progress sufficiently – I read this morning that playing to 100% completion earns you c.7-8 million credits in total, which isn’t enough to buy even 1 halo car.

I have no issue with credit packs, but they priced them at far too high a level. Pricing credit packs at €0.99 per 10 million would have been a ‘micro transaction’, and would have generated far more take up. At this level I’d have likely spent €10 myself. Pricing them at €40 for 7 million credits is just plain silly and shows a complete lack of understanding of their target market or the value of the product. No one in their right mind is going to spend close to the original purchase price of the game just to get 7 million credits. I’d expect to get all cars in the game for €40, not have to spend 3 times that just to get one halo car.

Last edited:
They only have themselves to blame.

Firstly, this is not hacking, it’s their programming error. The payouts, whilst fine at the beginning of the game, do not progress sufficiently – I read this morning that playing to 100% completion earns you c.7-8 million credits in total, which isn’t enough to buy even 1 halo car.

I have no issue with credit packs, but they priced them at far too high a level. Pricing credit packs at €0.99 per 10 million would have been a ‘micro transaction’, and would have generated far more take up. At this level I’d have likely spent €10 myself. Pricing them at €40 for 7 million credits is just plain silly and shows a complete lack of understanding of their target market or the value of the product. No one in their right mind is going to spend close to the original purchase price of the game just to get 7 million credits. I’d expect to get all cars in the game for €40, not have to spend 3 times that just to get one halo car.

I sort of agree that it is their own fault, although I don't think the "It's not hacking", would work as a defence.
Many years ago I came across a cash machine that was paying out twice as much as you asked for - I think someone had mistakenly put £20 notes in the £10 section. I've also been overpaid by my employer, due to computer error, in both cases the fact I didn't cause it, didn't mean that legally I could keep the money. As it happens, the bank said I could keep it as a 'goodwill gesture', but my employer requested I pay them back or they would take action.

I think IGN could avoid getting sued, as they could play the ethical hacker card, and say they were highlighting a flaw, so that it could get fixed, and that they did not benefit from it, however everyone who follows wouldn't have the same excuse.

All that said, I can see why people do this, because I agree the pricing structure is not right, but there is also the viewpoint that says in the real world if I think an item in a shop is overpriced, I just don't buy it, I don't steal it because I think it is a rip off!

Like I said, I don't know what will happen, but personally I think it is likely that this will just quickly be patched up, and forgotten, but I do think it is interesting as an ethical\moral\legal discussion.

How do I go from version 1.01 to 1.00? I have the psn version.
(bare with me, first time I tried the game still showed the Mercedes in my garage and not the number in its place, also didn't allow me to sell it).

Wrong, there are many ways to fix it.

Two examples:
Make the savedata incompatible with 1.00.
Change the car data of the vision car so that 1.00 can't recognize it.
They can force you to 1.02 when updating, so that you can't go to 1.01.
You quoted my first post instead of looking to my second post where I quoted someone who had already suggested the first and I suggested the second. :ouch:

Here it is:
I hadn't thought of that, honestly. They could make the save still compatible, but patch the game so that it writes Vision GT cars to a format that is unreadable by v1.00 instead? Then you could go back, but the Vision GT cars just wouldn't show up at all.

I don't believe any legal action will come of this whatsoever. Rockstar has had money glitches non stop in GTA5 that completely ruined their attempts to sell cash cards to players, people who used those glitches still have everything in game after months of playing, and only rumors of a few people getting banned on xbox have been seen.

For people with jobs or those who just want to race online this is a decent option to get some modded cars to be competitive.

For those who already have the car, how do we do it? Could somebody make a step-by-step guide please? I couldn't understand the video :\

1. Obtain the Mercedes
2. Quit Game > Game Data Utility > Delete GT6 File for 1.01 patch.
3. Restart GT6, click cancel "O", when it asks you to update to 1.01.
4. Go into your garage, sell the car.
5. Quit game and exit to XMB.
6. Start game, download patch, and spend 20,000,000 credits.

If you want to do it multiple times, then make sure you buy another Mercedes before you spend all the money. Then once you get low on money you can delete the file again, and repeat the process. As long as you have the Mercedes in your garage you can always delete the file and do the glitch again.

I sort of agree that it is their own fault, although I don't think the "It's not hacking", would work as a defence.
Many years ago I came across a cash machine that was paying out twice as much as you asked for - I think someone had mistakenly put £20 notes in the £10 section. I've also been overpaid by my employer, due to computer error, in both cases the fact I didn't cause it, didn't mean that legally I could keep the money. As it happens, the bank said I could keep it as a 'goodwill gesture', but my employer requested I pay them back or they would take action.

There’s a difference between technicalities and practicalities.

Money has a known and accepted value.

Sony and/or PD would have to prove in court that virtual cars in a video game, that can be acquired by simply playing the game you have already paid for, have a real cash value before they could prove theft.

As far as I'm aware, there’s no precedent established for this (I may be wrong), and if so, a test case would take ages (likely years) to come to court… Courts have more important things to deal with than this.

Back