20 million credits for free!

The only thing I'm annoyed with is buying the car packs in GT5 only for it all to be unlocked in GT6. Sheesh, at least some more variety in cars. Yes there is a skyline in purple, white and blue. Yes lets trace the lineage of said skyline r34 in years, with 99,00,01, and 02, is there a difference? Nope.

Okay, now lets see how many Aston Martins there are, a refined noble lineage with a racing car history. Theres about 5 or 6? Really, and you included the DB9 twice?! Its the same model, and you didn't even bother to make the other one premium, as if there was a drastic interior change in the same model car. I remember watching Top Gear, and when they reviewed the DB9 in 2003, I saw leather, not a black screen.

If you decide to do this, please take something into account: Its VERY EASY for PD to know who did it. How? Easy: The game keeps stats of the total earnings, races and wins. If you have earned just 2 millions, but you have spend 40 millions... you can be busted!

"I accidentally deleted GT6 data when i was trying to delete my other game data. My connection was down at that time but I wanted to play some GT6, so I pop the disk in intending to play a little offline career mode. Got into my garage and saw some weird names. Trying to use it freezes the game, not wanting to risk it, I rebooted the game and decided to rid of it by selling it, and lo and behold it gives me 20mil".

Problem officer?

If you decide to do this, please take something into account: Its VERY EASY for PD to know who did it. How? Easy: The game keeps stats of the total earnings, races and wins. If you have earned just 2 millions, but you have spend 40 millions... you can be busted!

I don't think theres something in the stats section that tells me how much I spent on cars, just tuning and earnings. As with games, mistakes can be made, how do they know if you purchased that money, because money bought wouldn't show up as money earned as prize money would it.

If anything, keep the money in collateral form. Keep it in XJ13s rather than holding it on as 40mill credits. Sell when you need more funds.

At this point @Trend00 , I'm assuming at least 90% of GT community knows this glitch, and probably a good 30-40% or less have done this glitch or just haven't admitted to it.

The best thing PD can do is simply add a function so cars that have been locked in previous versions cost less, or set them to become a different car as was in the case of the M4, which became the M5 when you downgraded. Rampant banning is going to not go over well when MT are in place.

Someone in another thread mentioned credit resetting as well, not likely, as I said with MT resetting your credits is basically highway robbery.

In short, you done ****** up Polyphony.

hi i have a question so when you delete the data i have to re-install the whole game on to the ps3 again?..........it took me like 4 hours to do so

i have the actual disk...........really man i was looking forward to it nvm if i have to download it again nd wait forever :(

Delete your game data, its only a 1.2 gb download.

What's with everyone keeping massive amounts of XJ13's?

I mentioned it somewhere. Rather than keeping an insane amount of credits and drawing attention. Keep it in collateral. 20m cars are pricey to sell. So keep a couple XJs, if you run low, sell one.

It took me over 2 years with a daily schedule and a lot of help from a great bunch of guys (friends) here at GTP and on another forum to collect all 4300 different car model/colors in GT5.
I had no intention to start this *Obsesive Collection Disorder* all over again (way too much work) and that would cost me my marriage (real life red.).

Luckily there is a bug in the software which makes us able to purchase the cars again (still lot of work, but much less than 2 years hard work).
If PD decides to ban me for it, remove my cars or punish me in any other way, so be it. I know they can, as they know all activities from the game.
But since the company is mainly after $$$, it would not be good action to punish me. They would loose income on DLC and future game releases.

If they check my game stats, they can see that I actually haven't used any of the credits or bought cars to play in the career. Still halfway with ~250.000 CR on my account. (Yes, should have been more, but due to "buying spree" I ended up with 0 credits, and continued the career from there).

Oh, all those cars are in my stockyard, just to look at, and maybe drive once I've finished the game the normal way.

I have the digital version and It takes me about 4 hours to redownload the game. However every time I download the game and then download the 1.01 update the installation fails and I get an error. This not only ruins the update but it corrupts the actual game data. The only thing I can do after that is delete the corrupted game and redownload again.

This has happened 3 times now. Anyone else having this problem or have a solution?

It took me over 2 years with a daily schedule and a lot of help from a great bunch of guys (friends) here at GTP and on another forum to collect all 4300 different car model/colors in GT5.
I had no intention to start this *Obsesive Collection Disorder* all over again (way too much work) and that would cost me my marriage (real life red.).

Luckily there is a bug in the software which makes us able to purchase the cars again (still lot of work, but much less than 2 years hard work).
If PD decides to ban me for it, remove my cars or punish me in any other way, so be it. I know they can, as they know all activities from the game.
But since the company is mainly after $$$, it would not be good action to punish me. They would loose income on DLC and future game releases.

If they check my game stats, they can see that I actually haven't used any of the credits or bought cars to play in the career. Still halfway with ~250.000 CR on my account. (Yes, should have been more, but due to "buying spree" I ended up with 0 credits, and continued the career from there).

Oh, all those cars are in my stockyard, just to look at, and maybe drive once I've finished the game the normal way.

Hello Sir,

Long time no see, hope you are well and were joking about that real life cost; but I get that it is a fine line we are treading on :)

Just a query, are you not concerned about losing cars from the Stockyard, when people have stated they are losing them?

Cheers Mate.

Dude, why are you guys so worried about getting banned?

It aint gonna happen. Unless you hack the game, alter the code.
PD messed up, but in doing so they made things right.
The winnings per race and microtrannys are outright unfair.
Imo, you guys have a chance to actually enjoy the game now.
Buy any car, and race...instead of grinding for days or forking over your hard earned cash for cars youve already paid for when you bought the game.

You buy the game so you race with any car youd like. If you want to buy a 20mil car, do you realize how much effort, time or microtranny $ it takes?

This is a game, not the governments health care or income tax plan.
PD/sony is greedy, their micro transaction system proves this.
Count your blessings and be happy.

Now, If PD had atleast given us SOME races or seasonals with a million dollar payout...i dont think this thread wouldve attracted so much attention.

Q13: I have deleted update v1.01 and now is there a yellow exclamation point next to my Anniversary Edition vehicles and will not allow me to access them!
A: There is an issue with v1.00 recognizing the Anniversary Edition vehicles after deleting the v1.01 update. No worries, you still have the download rights to the content. Simply go to the PSN store and re-download the Anniversary Edition content.
You can solve this issue by re-download the AnniversaryEdition content after deleting the game data and before you start glitching.
At least this is how i did it and i was able to tune all the AE-cars in V 1.00; no freeze or any hazard included. :)

Look, about all this paranoia regarding being busted for glitching, I'd better tell my story. I glitched it last week and now I regret it.
5am Saturday morning, there was banging on the front door. I answer the door in my underpants. Six armed police come in with a search warrant and talking about the theft of 999,000,000 credits from Sony. They impound all my computer equipment.
Well, to cut a long story short, I spent the day being questioned and apparently I could be behind bars for the rest of my life.
All that so I could buy 113 Mazdas and 122 Nissans!

An easy fix to stop this would be to change the save file to no longer be downward compatible... i.e. modify the save file so 1.00 sees it as corrupt or doesn't see it at all (if possible). But anyway if PD really cared about the profits from selling credits, or about the GT6 in-game economy, they would need to move away from client-side game saves and enable forced updates.

For example, save files could be stored only on PD/Sony servers, and to access it you would need to be running the latest patch. This would stop these bad bugs arising from mismatched versions on the save file and game. I hope they don't go this way since it seems overkill for a racing game and can be an inconvenience (Internet down, PSN down, etc.), but if they are serious about these things they might do something similar.

Hello Sir,

Long time no see, hope you are well and were joking about that real life cost; but I get that it is a fine line we are treading on :)

Just a query, are you not concerned about losing cars from the Stockyard, when people have stated they are losing them?

Cheers Mate.

Hey my friend, good to see you back!

Another 2 years of daily occupation would indeed kill my real life! So that's why I'm not doing it.
And no, I'm not worried about the stockyard. We (a few guys) did quite some testing with it and it seems like it is just working as it should. Why some people have issues, I have no idea!

Did some math, based on Milouse's website.

All cars (1 per model) cost a total of 548636792 CR. Buying the PSN store Credit packs, you end up with 79 packs of 7m which cost £39.99 pp. Ending up paying over 3100 pounds is just a big scam.

Hey my friend, good to see you back!

Another 2 years of daily occupation would indeed kill my real life! So that's why I'm not doing it.
And no, I'm not worried about the stockyard. We (a few guys) did quite some testing with it and it seems like it is just working as it should. Why some people have issues, I have no idea!

Did some math, based on Milouse's website.

All cars (1 per model) cost a total of 548636792 CR. Buying the PSN store Credit packs, you end up with 79 packs of 7m which cost £39.99 pp. Ending up paying over 3100 pounds is just a big scam.

I certainly agree, don't want to go down that track again; and will start using the stockyard as confirmed by the trusted circle.

I'm on board the glitch train already, but only reaching 500 cars now.

Cheers 👍

I really dont understand why you have to glitch...you wont be a better driver, haha...and I personally can feel happy if i buyed my Miata Nr. 68 by the money i earned with grinding.....glitching, buying all cars, testing only 5 %? where is the sense? I dont get it or am i too old for this?

I clicked on the "PS store" section of the menu last night just for some giggle,s indeed what a joke! I sure the heck hope they dont go after anybody for this glitch, including any of their employees that might have leaked this glitch if that happened.

Asking $100+ dollars just to unlock what's been put in the game you purchased and could eventually get for free is a total farce, especially considering many of these cars are standard and essentially no more than toy cars with no interior! I think actually these micro-transactions are starting to borderline on subcriminal behavior on their part, they really should think of that instead of pointing the finger at their loyal customers who will leave if they dont handle this properly by giving us some decent paying seasonal s & getting rid of the real cheats (the car performance alterers.)

I really dont understand why you have to glitch...you wont be a better driver, haha...and I personally can feel happy if i buyed my Miata Nr. 68 by the money i earned with grinding.....glitching, buying all cars, testing only 5 %? where is the sense? I dont get it or am i too old for this?

NO i think you're too young. People work and don't have time to put several hunderts hours into a game, and even then, only scratching the surface due to an complete unbalanced economy.

With the glitch people actually play the game how they like with the cars they like.
I can time trial the car I want, or drift the car I want.
Without the glitch you only test 5% of the game. With it you enjoy all content of it.

I hope you enjoy the 68th MX5 you bought (not buyed)

Back