20 million credits for free!

I´m not going to try this since I don´t want to loose or damage my saved data. Just in case. I have 1 million credits, 50 cars, Anniversary Edition ones, and more than 50% of the game completed...imagine if something happens.

I will play the game as it is. PSN version here.

i don't know if its any different for the psn version but the disk version saves your profile in the different spot then the patch that you have to delete.

I´m not going to try this since I don´t want to loose or damage my saved data. Just in case. I have 1 million credits, 50 cars, Anniversary Edition ones, and more than 50% of the game completed...imagine if something happens.

Back up your save to a USB drive or the online storage if your a plus member

They can by making newer game saves incompatible with v1.0. That brings its own problems of course. There might be other ways depending on how they structured the game save.
I hadn't thought of that, honestly. They could make the save still compatible, but patch the game so that it writes Vision GT cars to a format that is unreadable by v1.00 instead? Then you could go back, but the Vision GT cars just wouldn't show up at all.

edit2- apparently you can use the code again to redownload them

You can´t re-use codes...You need to go to your downloads at PSN, and you´ll see your DLC packs/cars there.
Or in your user in the main menu, go to "Transactions" and there you can see your downloads as well. Just need to re-download the little 100KB files to unlock the cars.

Also knowing that I can backup my save data and all...Still I´m going to play the game as it is. No need to buy credits with real money...I like to drive...that´s the point of the game...they can give a little bit more credits per race though.

You can´t re-use codes...You need to go to your downloads at PSN, and you´ll see your DLC packs/cars there.
Or in your user in the main menu, go to "Transactions" and there you can see your downloads as well. Just need to re-download the little 100KB files to unlock the cars.

Also knowing that I can backup my save data and all...Still I´m going to play the game as it is. No need to buy credits with real money...I like to drive...that´s the point of the game...they can give a little bit more credits per race though.

ah thanks for clarifying.

There really is a moral issue in this. When PD sells virtual credits, isn't it wrong to "print your own"?
But at the same time is it right of PD to sell those credits at insane prices and at the same time throttle the payouts in the game so thoroughly?

When I heard they were going to have microtransactions, I thought they would be just that, "micro". But $1 US for every 100,000 virtual credits is ridiculous. I thought $1 was going to get us at least 500,000 in game credits!

I'm torn tbh, yes it's wrong but with the amount of time I'll be on GT6 I'll miss out on trying some cars I really want to experience because of the low creds/no daily log in bonus/no trades/no b'day tickets

So......

You can repeat

Thanks. Damn... It feels wrong, since I just bought the game and always worked hard for my cars. But like everyone is mentioning, the payouts are ridiculously low. I want to drive most cars in this game and this may be my only choice, unless I want to be a no life guy. Whatever. I am doing it! :)

There really is a moral issue in this. When PD sells virtual credits, isn't it wrong to "print your own"?
But at the same time is it right of PD to sell those credits at insane prices and at the same time throttle the payouts in the game so thoroughly?
To be honest, I dont know if it would have been PD's idea to sell virtual credits...I think Sony might have a huge hand in that. I do think PD priced them though. They might have priced them high for one of three reasons: 1. To discourage people to buy it as PD was forced to include it but they didn't want to. 2. They are being greedy. 3. To help fund X behind the scenes or the new iteration of GT. Its anyone's guess. Morally correct? Who knows:)

When I heard they were going to have microtransactions, I thought they would be just that, "micro". But $1 US for every 100,000 virtual credits is ridiculous. I thought $1 was going to get us at least 500,000 in game credits!

any kind of micro transactions in games are bad. its the cancer of the gaming community.

tbh as soon as they made the announcement i was just waiting until we could start doing donuts under some track once gt6 came out.

Thanks. Damn... It feels wrong, since I just bought the game and always worked hard for my cars. But like everyone is mentioning, the payouts are ridiculously low. I want to drive most cars in this game and this may be my only choice, unless I want to be a no life guy. Whatever. I am doing it! :)

That's why I didn't mind. Honestly, I really would not condone this, but I haven't got time to grind for the cars I want. Even the seasonals have low payouts compared to the generous rewards from gt5. Don't forget to do it for the initial 20 mil, reload 1.01, buy 20 vision cars, delete 1.01, and sell your 20 vision cars one by one as you spend each 20 mil

That's why I didn't mind. Honestly, I really would not condone this, but I haven't got time to grind for the cars I want. Even the seasonals have low payouts compared to the generous rewards from gt5. Don't forget to do it for the initial 20 mil, reload 1.01, buy 20 vision cars, delete 1.01, and sell your 20 vision cars one by one as you spend each 20 mil

Thanks! I will do that in a second. :)

This is risky. A game save is extremely valuable as many hours go into it.
Oh and if you dont have an uncapped internet connection you would need to pay for the 1.01 update again.

It works just fine as long as you do it right, nothing to worry about.

Does it work for people who have the downloaded version? I've tried and it doesn't work. I deleted the game data, skipped the instalation of the patch, went to my garage and the vision was there, not the [2055] or whats its number, and it didn't allow me to sell the car. I also have playstation plus.

*edit* by downloaded version I mean the psn version.
*edit 2* I was trying to sell the Vision that I got as gift, maybe I need to buy a Vision first and not use the one who was given to me?

I may get in trouble with mods here and people looking down on me for doing this, but just know that I did spend a little bit on microtransactions before this exploit ( I was stupid for doing so, but it would have taken me some time to grind out the money for the car I wanted) and fully intend to buy all dlc for this game. In no way am I hurting Sony or PD by doing this. Ya got my money and then some and will get more from me when dlc comes out. I do love the improvements of this game, just not the painfully obvious rewards to bait people to buy microtransactions.

Once you buy all the cars you want go and buy 20,40 or what ever $20m cars and keep them in your garage. These cars can be sold for $6m each so you will always have spare cash when needed.

What if I save the data file to a USB, do the glitch, and instead of re-downloading 1.01 (and wasting GB's), I place the data file on my USB back onto the PS3. Will this still work?

just a heads up if you do it it deletes your Gallery (photos and replays) make sure to back them up i did it on my cousins ps3 because he doesnt play gt carreer he just tune cars just for fun and it got rid of his gallery, dont worry(they were ugly :lol:) i refuse to do it on mine, for me its very fun to keep racing and building my collection of cars for a long time util GT7 is released :P

Thank you for this, already tried it. Got the cars I really wanted and my save is fine. Also, redownloaded my anniversary content. ;) I may attempt to do this again to get other cars I really want, haha. :)

oh i had no idea of that, PD really messed up on this one. im glad tho at least people wont give into there microtransaction packs.
im pretty sure 20million is max cash? when you try to sell the vision car the sell price is like 366mil but you only get 20

Stop double posting, and please put more effort into your grammar and spelling. Read the AUP linked in my signature.

Indeed the fun in this game is the driving ..... i love the challenges ... the harder the better .... What a great game!

(got a disc version)

Back