20 million credits for free!

YZF
I'd say such 'lawer' would be using totally wrong formula...you just can't apply the same formula to free stuff and paid stuff. People will use free stuff much more frequently than paid

That's how law works, at least in the UK and US.

It doesn't matter whether those people would have bought the credits or not, all that matters is that SONY\PD put a value on the credits.

It's like if you walk into a shop and steal an item. It doesn't matter that you were never intending to buy that item, so the shop would not have got your money anyway, the shop will still claim to have lost what the item cost.

Why are u all just not selling the Amg I have 100 of them on my account 20 million a pop when sold ... I only sell and buy cars in version 1 ... Most money and quickest most effeciant method . I use this list of cars and buy them all by price expensive 1st http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?order=price

I am only going to page 5 but that leaves only cars with 100,000 or less
I'm talking about selling cars in 1.01 not 1.00. Credit limit is 50 million in that so i brought 17 amg's, went back to 1.00 brought 16 redbulls and gave myself 20 million. Updated to 1.01 and sold the 16 redbulls.
50 million

Sony, you want more money from GT's devoted players? Give PD the tools to create and release new cars and tracks and we'll buy them!

I think this is the key to it. I'm not opposed to micro transactions completely, depending on what they represent. I'm sure many people are the same. If PD made 3 or 4 new real world tracks, and then sold them as a pack for something like £10\$15, I think people would think this was a fair deal, the price of the credits and the amount you need to buy a worthwhile car is outrageous.

It's all about the value proposition, the base content needs to be decent enough in the first place, and then addition content must seem like a fair deal. People don't want to feel they are spending more than the game cost them for a minor addition, but equally expecting PDs developers to just produce more and more additional content for free is unfair and selfish.

In GT5, I think new cars alone cost about £0.70\$1, and I think people would pay this, as long as the base number of cars in a GT game stays high. The games economy should allow people to buy the already included expensive cars reasonably (but not too) easily, and then PD could make micro transactions to include new content (which wasn't originally planned for the game).

PD need to adopt the McDonalds model of selling high volume at $1 a go, rather than the Rolex model of fewer sales but much higher margins.

So, this glitch has surface almost a week ago, first time I saw it was last sunday.
Wouldn't a glitch of this magnitude be patch ASAP? Especialy now with this new streamline arquitecture, where PD can do micro updates and with all the microtransations thing.
Something odd is going on, I start to believe this was intencional and it´s almost a marketing maneuver.

It is definitely odd. Everyone is talking about it, except the mainstream media. But if they had done this on purpose, Sony would face a class-action suit from all the people who paid real money for credits. All three of them. ;)

I don't see legal action possible. We are not hacking or disturbing the program to steal. We are just using the game and selling our cars which us allowed. Not my fault they are paying me millions for them.

I am allowed to delete patches
I am allowed to buy cars
I am allowed to sell cars
I am allowed to reinstall patched

Judge: Case dismissed.

Sony: Your Honor, Your Honor, but, but, but...

Judge: CASE DISMISSED! (Gavel crashes bench)

Cue Law and Order music, cut to bar scenes celebrating with Angie Harmon.

On the fact this glitch has yet to be fixed...this is on cars given after the initial version...because the initial/previous version doesn't recognize it for what it is. Maybe this was present in GT5 and we just didn't know it. What car did they just give us later in 5? Anyone want to check it out?

PD may fix or may never fix this glitch who knows. People are talking about credits being stolen, PD taking action against the players, which in my opinion noting was stolen and PD isn't going to do anything about it. It's a glitch, they could only hope to fix it. What happened in gt5 was by far worse than what's going on here. Need we forget, before all the glitches were found in gt5, what were people doing, exploiting gt5 gift system and selling in game content on eBay for cash. This is why I think PD came up with the micro transaction idea but they had to know it wasn't going to work. People hacked gt5 what was to stop them from hacking gt6. With all this being said, in the end nothing was stolen from gt6, what people did in gt5 taking PD content, selling it and profiting from it was more of a crime than what's happing here and no sort of action was taken in that case. All PD can do is take it on the chin and learn a hard lesson from this. :-)

Last edited:
i don't think $ony or PD are going to do anything about this, they might patch it. But i don't think they can do anything about everyone who has used the glitch as the glitch is to much widespread and doesnt involve any form of hacking or gives an unfair advantage to online players.

I also think that they cant use any bad media attention right now which they obviously get if they would ban anyone with a ofw console for using this feature. Especially at a time when they just launched the PS4 that marketed the Sony platform as the console for real gamers. So i guess this glitch is #4theplayers ;)

I had a thought last night that the thing they may do is quickly slipstream updates into the printed discs and send those out as such; so future disc versions "start" at 1.01 or whatnot. It would be trivial to do the same thing with the PSN version (and I'm surprised they don't automatically do it anyway).

Why are u all just not selling the Amg I have 100 of them on my account 20 million a pop when sold ... I only sell and buy cars in version 1 ... Most money and quickest most effeciant method . I use this list of cars and buy them all by price expensive 1st http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?order=price

I am only going to page 5 but that leaves only cars with 100,000 or less
Why buy the AMG for 1 mill when the M4 is 120k, doesn't make sense to me tbh.

I had a thought last night that the thing they may do is quickly slipstream updates into the printed discs and send those out as such; so future disc versions "start" at 1.01 or whatnot. It would be trivial to do the same thing with the PSN version (and I'm surprised they don't automatically do it anyway).

That's what I was thinking. Only way to really fix this is at the manufacturing level. All new discs come with version 1.01

You get it by completing the latest seasonal in gold (or maybe just bronze?), or you could just buy it with the 20mill glitch talked about in this thread.

Or, use it to actually cause the 20mil glitch, because imo, the VGT is better than the M4, but either one will not register in version 1.00 and thus sell for 333 million credits. :/

EDIT: More on topic, I think that basically, the seasonal payout increases will only come once they've milked the micro-transactions, and tbh, this glitch must've made some impact on their revenue from that said source.

I do want to re-introduce a thought someone else mentioned, excluding spending big bucks on few cars, it'll be very hard to drive 20 mil credits worth of cars in a short space of time, owning them AND using them are two seperate things for sure, but this glitch removes the barrier to use any single car, without hours or days of gameplay.

And don't forget, every 20 mil credits you acquire does cost ~1.2GB of download each time to re-install patch 1.01, unless you have two PS3s handy, those backing up money in cars might want to cash in asap, because if this is patched, how that is possble idk, you'll be down to your last 20 million credits
This I not true you only need to downgrade once too v1 to get yoour initial 20 mill. Update to 1.01 then buy 20 vision Mercedes. Delete update then spend then next few hours in v1 selling vision Mercedes and buying cars that you like. When you have spent on all the cars then update and play as normal. Really no need for multiple ps3's and what not. Only update once you habe sold and spent all your vision Mercedes. Save your capped internet.

This I not true you only need to downgrade once too v1 to get yoour initial 20 mill. Update to 1.01 then buy 20 vision Mercedes. Delete update then spend then next few hours in v1 selling vision Mercedes and buying cars that you like. When you have spent on all the cars then update and play as normal. Really no need for multiple ps3's and what not. Only update once you habe sold and spent all your vision Mercedes. Save your capped internet.
Buy M4s, not AMG Merc.

I think PD did this free 20mil bug or glitch or however you call it on purpose, I mean, why would they set the price for used concept car you get for free over 350 millions? :lol:

Because I started a fresh game for this,how far do I have to go in career mode for the X14's to get added to the Gran Turismo showroom? (just so I have every car over 1 million..:sly:)

There's stuff on PSN that's two or more years old. Download any of it and the first thing you have to do... is download a bloody update. I don't know whether it's policy, laziness or incompetence but they sure don't seem to be on the ball :lol:

You cannot add stuff to a printed disc, the only way for PD to fix this is to confiscate all un-sold blurays and replace them with a 1.01 ver. game. The PSN version shouldn't be a problem to update.

Back