20 million credits for free!

I'm defending the concept of logic in terms of time vs reward, something you don't understand. I'm in no way being defensive about using the glitch in terms of right vs wrong. I'm pointing out how it is the most efficient way, and best use of my time along with many others.

Again, you make assumptions.

First, I didn't start playing until around 1am last night, I stayed up till 3am buying cars and then watched tv till 4am. I then woke up at 6:30am. So yes my story does add up, the problem is you didn't have the details and jumped to a conclusion without said details. Poor logic all around with you. Also, I wasted almost a hour last night dealing with the hard drive confusion. So I only spent a little more than a hour last night and bought probably 1/3rd or more of the cars I want. So 2-3hrs for the cars I want is realistic.

And I want to spend my time having FUN racing online without having to grind. The most efficient way to do this is by glitching, to deny that FACT is ridiculous. And yes it is a FACT. Show me a faster and more efficient way to accrue the cars I want and I will paypal you $100 on the spot.

You need not explain yourself to the likes of individuals whose logic are their own and refuse to listen to the logic of others. Do not waste your time, energy and brain cells with the likes of individuals such as these on forums. They only hear what they want to hear, see what they want to see, learn what they want to learn, believe what they want to believe. Your words fall upon deaf ears.

Alright I am sure I am going to get flamed for asking this but here it goes:

Does anyone have 1.01 update file saved where it can be sent to another individual? Is that even possible...loading an old game update from a separate hard drive? If it is not possible I apologize for the waste of time.

Yes I would like to take advantage of the glitch when I return from this deployment because I like the car collecting more than grinding. If it is not possible then I guess I will just wait for B Spec to be release and let Bob do the grinding for me.

Does anyone have 1.01 update file saved where it can be sent to another individual? Is that even possible...loading an old game update from a separate hard drive? If it is not possible I apologize for the waste of time.

Yes I would like to take advantage of the glitch when I return from this deployment because I like the car collecting more than grinding. If it is not possible then I guess I will just wait for B Spec to be release and let Bob do the grinding for me.

I do not believe this is possible, without "hacking" the PS3 firmware and software update. WE HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND. I believe you must have the v1.01 update physically in hand. Although you may want to direct your questions toward the experts in this thread who have experience with various updates on multiple hard drives. Some of these members have posted in the last 5 pages. I would read their posts and inquire with them specifically. You may receive a more prompt response that way.

I'm buying a new copy of GT6 and a friends used console soon. (I can't wait to get back to my GT roots. I left the series after 4 and never played 5. I went down the Forza road then, I'm not buying F5 though, not a chance.) Will I still be able to do this glitch if I make sure the console stays of the internet until the necessary has been done?!
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

I'm buying a new copy of GT6 and a friends used console soon. (I can't wait to get back to my GT roots. I left the series after 4 and never played 5. I went down the Forza road then, I'm not buying F5 though, not a chance.) Will I still be able to do this glitch if I make sure the console stays of the internet until the necessary has been done?!
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
No.

I do not believe this is possible, without "hacking" the PS3 firmware and software update. WE HIGHLY DO NOT RECOMMEND. I believe you must have the v1.01 update physically in hand. Although you may want to direct your questions toward the experts in this thread who have experience with various updates on multiple hard drives. Some of these members have posted in the last 5 pages. I would read their posts and inquire with them specifically. You may receive a more prompt response that way.

Thanks man. I sent a PM to one of the guys and hope for a response. I've been reading everyday and just got lazy today.

Gids....I see that you live in Clovis,NM....it's where I grew up......
I do not meet too many people from there so small world. Moved there in 2010 and will be moving away sometime in 2014. It has been an interesting 3+ years there but overall I have enjoyed living there.

No. The v1.01 update is required for the "exploit". It cannot be done without this version of the update. The only plausible way is to find someone who has a copy of update v1.01 on their hard drive.
Cheers man. I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on this game all the same. I was looking forward to starting a new career from scratch anyway. I always loved the licence tests and the tutorials.

Flawed logic.
Why wouldn't someone sacrifice the first few hours on amassing cars/money if it meant they wouldn't have to do so later?

My logic is perfectly fine. Thank you very much. A few hours is one thing. A few weeks is something else. He certainly made it sound like he was spending a lot of time glitching and had very little time to drive. I made a simple comment and got rather aggressive responses back.

Cheers man. I'm still looking forward to getting my hands on this game all the same. I was looking forward to starting a new career from scratch anyway. I always loved the licence tests and the tutorials.

I believe you will be enjoying GT6 at just the right time as PD/Sony has listened to complaints and addressed issues regarding the small overall payouts and rewards. Nonetheless, there will still be some form of grinding involved with update v1.02 and above, but nowhere near the extent of the v1.00 base code. Many have confirmed that it is much easier to earn/amass credits in v1.02 as there are log-in bonuses. I have not confirmed this for myself as I am working on finalizing my collection on the v1.00 save game before finally committing to v1.02.

I believe you will be enjoying GT6 at just the right time as PD/Sony has listened to complaints and addressed issues regarding the small overall payouts and rewards. Nonetheless, there will still be some form of grinding involved with update v1.02 and above, but nowhere near the extent of the v1.00 base code. Many have confirmed that it is much easier to earn/amass credits in v1.02 as there are log-in bonuses. I have not confirmed this for myself as I am working on finalizing my collection on the v1.00 save game before finally committing to v1.02.
The beauty of it is, I won't consider it grinding! I love building things up as I go. And I love Pulsar GTi-R's, and Trial mountain, and Apricot hill and more licence tests too please. :cheers:

I might be able to help you, but it would require trust on your part. If I keep my HDD with version 1.01 and you tell me your username/password, I could make you a save file with all the money you would ever need.

My logic is perfectly fine. Thank you very much. A few hours is one thing. A few weeks is something else. He certainly made it sound like he was spending a lot of time glitching and had very little time to drive. I made a simple comment and got rather aggressive responses back.

Your'e logic is far from fine. The ENTIRE time I said a few hours. At no point did I say a few weeks or make it sound like it would take that long. You jumped to huge conclusions on your own and dug yourself a nice hole.

You actually got baffled responses back. Because to be honest, even if it took me say 3 weeks, assuming 3hrs per week. That is STILL far far far less time than grinding. 8hrs is still less than 800hrs. You're logic is extremely flawed.

Last edited:
Do the patches not install sequentially like on 5 where you could install individual ones then cancel before the process finishes on the last one? Have they changed this procedure for 6?

My question was answered in here... i just had to hunt for it.

Your obviously free to enjoy the game how you want but I'd hardly call that logical. I would guess that it will take you at over 8 hours to buy all the cars. That is three to four weeks before you are even going to drive. If you spend an hour driving each car, you will get to try up to three cars per week. 1200 cars divided by 3 equals 400 weeks. That is close to eight years to drive all the cars. I fail to see the logic.

Sorry but your story doesn't add up. You got two ours sleep one night because you were buying cars and then you were going to go on another spending spree. You are obviously spending a lot more time than 2-3 hours glitching and are being very defensive about it. If that's how you want to spend your time go for it.

Many have responded to you with aggression because you entered into the conversation and chose an accusatory standpoint and presumptive attitude, rather than a premise for acceptance of other people's logic and opinion. If he wanted to use his 2-3 hours on collecting rather than driving, who are we to judge him? It is his money, his game, his time and his own logic. What may be logical to him, is not necessarily logical to anyone else and vice-versa. And as I and many others have confirmed, is in fact the more time efficient strategy for what he is trying to accomplish.

Listen. We are not here to beat anyone down, just please take a stand on acceptance and respect for others. We are all here to try to help each other make the most of what GT6 has to offer and have the best experiences possible. Looking back on this, your most memorable experiences of GT6 may be the amount of time you have dedicated in driving, whereas his may be in the collection he has created. Our personal preferences is just that, "personal". My best experience will not be the same for you, or anyone else. Nonetheless, many of us are here to help each other, not to criticize and judge.

And in that spirit, an early Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all! :)

Last edited:
Interesting, cause I saw it differently.

Gentlemen,

Can we not turn this into a giant flame war and have some civility..... after all it's the holiday season and we should be filled with cheer......

Life is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable because all you get back is another box of chocolates. So you're stuck with this undefinable whipped mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while there's a peanut butter cup or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast and the taste is... fleeting. So, you end up with nothing but broken bits filled with hardened jelly and teeth-shattering nuts. And if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you got left is an empty box filled with useless brown paper wrappers.

Zathra5.....guess you never saw this.....

Guys. Now that the so-called "glitch" is fixed, let's just pause and reflect on what we have learned.

As long as there is software, there will be glitches. This one may be on the way out, but there will be others.

Always back up your HD and game data. Have redundant backups.

Is it still possible to use this glitch gift? Yes, for some. But it's less relevant now that we can get more credits racing. Not grinding mindlessly.

If you pay real money to unlock game content that you have already paid for, you are a fool.

What else?

Last edited:
I got 2 hours of sleep last night thanks to the shopping spree I went on. I cleared out pretty much everything good in Europe, next up Asia! This glitch is a godsend to people like me who simply don't have the time to invest. I usually have maybe 2-3hrs of GT per week and with GT5 there were so many cars I didn't drive simply because I couldn't "grind" for hours per car

The logical assumption from this is that you spent hours doing the glitch and then were going to spend hours more to get the cars from asia. There is no flaw in logic there. You also state that you don't have much time to play. So logically, if you are spending all this time buying cars and don't have much time to play, you are not going to get much use out of most of those cars. Thus my comment. Logical.

Then I got attacked.

Why should you care how anybody spends their time in GT? Let the man spend his precious limited hours on GT, as he so chooses.

Because of this thing called logic.

Why even take the time to come into a 20M "exploit" thread to preach your "anti-exploit" agenda? You sir, are clearly aTROLL!

Then you clearly don't understand logic.

Like I said, I've done the glitch. I spent a few hours buying all the cars that I will ever need. I have nothing against anyone playing the game how they want. I just found it odd that someone would spend so much time glitching when they wouldn't ever have the opportunity to use those cars. If that was based on a false assumption fine but it was a logical assumption.

Like I said, I've done the glitch. I spent a few hours buying all the cars that I will ever need. I have nothing against anyone playing the game how they want. I just found it odd that someone would spend so much time glitching when they wouldn't ever have the opportunity to use those cars. If that was based on a false assumption fine but it was a logical assumption.

He is doing exactly the same. He's sacrificing a few hours now so he has the FREEDOM to drive any car and track he wants in the future with his limited amount of playtime, as opposed to using that playtime to incessantly grind the same races over and over for max $ to "earn" the cars he wants to actually drive.

The logical assumption from this is that you spent hours doing the glitch and then were going to spend hours more to get the cars from asia. There is no flaw in logic there. You also state that you don't have much time to play. So logically, if you are spending all this time buying cars and don't have much time to play, you are not going to get much use out of most of those cars. Thus my comment. Logical.

Far from logical actually. "everything good in Europe" clearly implies I wasn't buying all of the cars, and if I had spent all night I could have purchased every car in Europe along with Asia and the US. So no, it was not a logical assumption.

Another point, if you had looked at the time of my posts, you would see I didn't even start the glitch till around 2am due to the HDD issue. Being that the following day was friday, it's safe to assume I wouldn't be sleeping in and most likely would be up no later than 7am. That leaves 5hrs of time, well 2hrs of sleep leaves 3hrs....... that's your max, granted I didn't spend all of this time on the game. But you get the point...... I hope.

Which brings me to my next point. After that post I clarified with "2-3 hours" which you then thought was illogical due to my lack of time to play. You then jumped to the conclusion that I wanted every single car in the game and that it would take me weeks to do given how I had only 3hrs a week to play. YOU made these assumptions, assumptions that had no basis. You dug yourself a hole and now you are backpedaling trying to claim you meant something different, no we clearly saw what you said.

Then I got attacked.

No, your poor logic was called into question and picked apart.

Most here disagree with this being logical. Your posts clearly state that spending 2-3hrs was "illogical". I repeated "2-3hrs" multiple times, but keep backpedaling.

Last edited:
Far from logical actually. "everything good in Europe" clearly implies I wasn't buying all of the cars, and if I had spent all night I could have purchased every car in Europe along with Asia and the US. So no, it was not a logical assumption.

Another point, if you had looked at the time of my posts, you would see I didn't even start the glitch till around 2am due to the HDD issue. Being that the following day was friday, it's safe to assume I wouldn't be sleeping in and most likely would be up no later than 7am. That leaves 5hrs of time, well 2hrs of sleep leaves 3hrs....... that's your max, granted I didn't spend all of this time on the game. But you get the point...... I hope.

Which brings me to my next point. After that post I clarified with "2-3 hours" which you then thought was illogical due to my lack of time to play. You then jumped to the conclusion that I wanted every single car in the game and that it would take me weeks to do given how I had only 3hrs a week to play. YOU made these assumptions, assumptions that had no basis. You dug yourself a hole and now you are backpedaling trying to claim you meant something different, no we clearly saw what you said.

No, your poor logic was called into question and picked apart.

Most here disagree with this being logical. Your posts clearly state that spending 2-3hrs was "illogical". I repeated "2-3hrs" multiple times, but keep backpedaling.

It is time to let it go. We are trying to inject logic and common sense into an individual about as dense as the fruitcake served during the holidays, and to no avail. :banghead:

you guys just need to learn that everyone doesnt need to WIN the argument.

Why argue over logic and definitions and whatnot, does it make a difference to anyones game?

If someone is happy glitching and saves time thataway....so be it
If someone is happy grinding for hours and feels a sense of accomplishment when buying a car...so be it
its just a game, at the end of the day....and so its worthless to debate over such.

The last time I was on this thread was at page 22 so I'm a bit behind on the info and do not want to spend the rest of the day reading.

Question: I have just updated my game to v1.02 (I have never updated it yet so it was at disc version) and have completed over 23% of the career mode. Can I still do this 20 million glitch without losing all of my current process by deleting and reinstalling the update after selling the Vision GT Merc?

I have already used my 15 AE code but I have read I can download the cars again which doesn't bother me (if this is true). I don't mind if I lose my mileage but will mind if I lose my current completion in the career mode.

The last time I was on this thread was at page 22 so I'm a bit behind on the info and do not want to spend the rest of the day reading.

Question: I have just updated my game to v1.02 (I have never updated it yet so it was at disc version) and have completed over 23% of the career mode. Can I still do this 20 million glitch without losing all of my current process by deleting and reinstalling the update after selling the Vision GT Merc?

I have already used my 15 AE code but I have read I can download the cars again which doesn't bother me (if this is true). I don't mind if I lose my mileage but will mind if I lose my current completion in the career mode.

Q1 no, glitch was only valid if you were on 1.01, now your on 1.02 it's not possible.

Q2 yes you can re download them if you need to, you just go to your PSN account download history and they will be in there to re download if required.

Back