20 million credits for free!

The last time I was on this thread was at page 22 so I'm a bit behind on the info and do not want to spend the rest of the day reading.

Question: I have just updated my game to v1.02 (I have never updated it yet so it was at disc version) and have completed over 23% of the career mode. Can I still do this 20 million glitch without losing all of my current process by deleting and reinstalling the update after selling the Vision GT Merc?

I have already used my 15 AE code but I have read I can download the cars again which doesn't bother me (if this is true). I don't mind if I lose my mileage but will mind if I lose my current completion in the career mode.

I believe once you have updated to 1.02 the glitch no longer works...

Q1 no, glitch was only valid if you were on 1.01, now your on 1.02 it's not possible.

Q2 yes you can re download them if you need to, you just go to your PSN account download history and they will be in there to re download if required.

I believe once you have updated to 1.02 the glitch no longer works...

Well damn... The grind begins... Again..

Is there anyway to download the 1.01 patch

Well damn... The grind begins... Again..

Is there anyway to download the 1.01 patch
It wouldn't matter anyway, your save-game is now linked to 1.02 and will disappear if you try to backtrack.

1.02 significantly increased the payout for races, so there really isn't anything approaching what I would call a "grind" unless you're trying to buy every single car in the game in every color available. Just drive a few races and buy whatever you want with the winnings.

With the 200% login bonus, the Red Bull X-Junior championship pays out well more than a million credits. 88,900 per win x 5 races, plus a 250,000 credit for winning the championship. That's the base levels - double that and you get 1,389,000 credits if you win all of the races (not hard to do at all).

I believe the 24 minutes of LeMans pays out more than a half million at the 200% bonus level, so that's not too shabby for less than a half hour of your time.

I have to admit I used it and went on a spending spree however I felt guilty as I didn't want to spoil the game but once I became aware of the poor prize car pool I did it again...I wanted the 250 GTO so damn much lol. Now that the prize money has been given a lift I'm happier and with the log in bonus the money builds up much quicker so it seems fair now. On a different note just had the best race so far using the RUF BTR 86 German cars on the Nurb' mixed the tyres and the BTR handled sweet, great race to the finish against another BTR which kept with me and on the final straight, had to out brake him coming off the straight, the car twitching, great stuff, that's what GT is all about : )

I tried the glitch and I am starting to feel depressed. I feel that Kaz somehow knows and I am hurting him. :(

Sometimes having something is not as good as wanting it. THE CREDITS IN THE ACCOUNT MEAN NOTHING TO ME NOW! NOTHING!!!!! 🤬 :nervous:

Gran Tourismo is not free to play. Whenever I finished my career at the very least I should be able to buy any car I want . Quite depressed I didn´t find out about this glitch in time to play Gran Tourismo as intended. This DLC stuff is ruining games so hard it´s not funny :(. Shouldn´t be legal to keep content you bought with good money away from you. I have been using the log in bonus now at 200 % I am midway through international Stage A I have never bought upgrades nor bought any cars as I have no problem winning with the price cars. Done all special events with all gold and I have 6,7 million CR which is laughable for the amount of hours put in. And I hear FM 5 is even worse as they do all to try push DLC because gamers are stupid and by such car packs because they are enthusiasts... It´s extra greedy when they make life so hard to drive cars that is actually IN the game when you purchase it.

And we just roll over flat and spend more money...

Gran Tourismo is not free to play. Whenever I finished my career at the very least I should be able to buy any car I want . Quite depressed I didn´t find out about this glitch in time to play Gran Tourismo as intended. This DLC stuff is ruining games so hard it´s not funny :(. Shouldn´t be legal to keep content you bought with good money away from you. I have been using the log in bonus now at 200 % I am midway through international Stage A I have never bought upgrades nor bought any cars as I have no problem winning with the price cars. Done all special events with all gold and I have 6,7 million CR which is laughable for the amount of hours put in. And I hear FM 5 is even worse as they do all to try push DLC because gamers are stupid and by such car packs because they are enthusiasts... It´s extra greedy when they make life so hard to drive cars that is actually IN the game when you purchase it.

And we just roll over flat and spend more money...
I do find it sad that DLC's are almost required to complete some games, but you cant predict the future and put it into a game three years past. I wont mind to pay for the new Lambo Huracan (however its spelled). You cant say "PD should've added this in during launch" because they couldnt. Also licensing is another factor with the whole thing so there is not much we consumers can do about it all.

I do find it sad that DLC's are almost required to complete some games, but you cant predict the future and put it into a game three years past. I wont mind to pay for the new Lambo Huracan (however its spelled). You cant say "PD should've added this in during" because they couldnt. Also licensing is another factor with the whole thing so there is not much we consumers can do about it all.

Look at the past we have 5 iterations of Gran Turismo and 4 of Forza motorsport. Easy to see where things are headed looking at the careers. Both Turn 10 and Polyphony felt forced to do something about it when they noticed they where moving to fast and the consumers may not play along...

The content that they market the game with should of course be included when you buy the standard shelf price. It´s not free to play...

It´s kind of an easy solution isn´t it. Lock content in career mode. All content accessible in arcade mode but they haven´t figured out to do that? I want to remember that was possible in previous iterations not just selected models ;)

They can release DLC packs for all I care that is another thing since that isn´t included in the box :)

I have been using the log in bonus now at 200 % I am midway through international Stage A I have never bought upgrades nor bought any cars as I have no problem winning with the price cars. Done all special events with all gold and I have 6,7 million CR which is laughable for the amount of hours put in.
At that rate I don't see you getting all the best cars in the game for a very long time.
I did the glitch twice and spent 500,000,000 [that's half a billion] credits to get the cars I wanted. And that's 400 cars each unique and I could've gone for even more if I bought all the different NSX GT500's, GT-R's, base models etc.

Goes really slow even though I seldom have to redo races to get gold yes. Will see now just unlocked Super but longer races mean it´s not always more efficient.

I did spend some of my hard earned money with very mixed success. Some is just my own stupidity. I saw this gorgeous 990 hp hillclimb rally car monster. Found some EV that looked great. There was no weight said experimental but okay paying 1,600.000 CR. There is no real cockpit and you can´t tune it anything. It was even locked at AT! What the... Starting the car I realize what EV stand for lol. I read the description but they just say EV not electrical vehicle. I feel so dirty driven such a car now on a racing track they don´t belong there. They belong on the streets :)

What a waste how can they charge so much for that when they don´t even have a complete cockpit for it? I then bought a race prepped Corvette ZR1. I love the noise of the C5R and C6R and find it make the weirdest of noises. I don´t know if it´s a bug or if it really sounds like that? And it still wasn´t fast enough for my like the wind challenge lol. That was not to much CR in the drain though and hopefully it´s a bug that will be patched but not sure it´s a bug...

After that I got some Nissan LMP again no proper cockpit just a black hole pretty much. But it kind of made sense for these monocoque vehicles but after some hours in it it was like coming out for fresh air going to hood view at Nordschleife. This car I like though so not a total waste. But it´s going to be hard to get a chance to demo all lmps. Some peugeot was available in arcade mode nothing more.

So I finally just bought GT6. The disc version is 1.00 and it wants me to upgrade to 1.02. Sounds like I'm out of luck on the money glitch, is that right? Is there any way to go from new to 1.01 at this point in time?

thanks,
scot

So I finally just bought GT6. The disc version is 1.00 and it wants me to upgrade to 1.02. Sounds like I'm out of luck on the money glitch, is that right? Is there any way to go from new to 1.01 at this point in time?

thanks,
scot

You're right I think... you're outta luck :D

thanks,
scot

Unless you know someone who has the 1.01 data update, alas you can't do the glitch......with the sign in bonus and the seasonal events and Red Bull challenges the number of credits has gotten better.....

Unless you know someone who has the 1.01 data update, alas you can't do the glitch......with the sign in bonus and the seasonal events and Red Bull challenges the number of credits has gotten better.....

I do know someone nearby with 1.01. How would that process work?

thanks,
scot

I do know someone nearby with 1.01. How would that process work?

thanks,
scot

You would have to load the 1.01 update, refuse to download the 1.02 update buy either the Mercedes VGT ,BMW M4(new version) and then proceed with the directions at the beginning of the post......as long as you have the 1.01 update you can do this as many times as you want but once you download the 1.02 update all is done.....

You would have to load the 1.01 update, refuse to download the 1.02 update buy either the Mercedes VGT ,BMW M4(new version) and then proceed with the directions at the beginning of the post......as long as you have the 1.01 update you can do this as many times as you want but once you download the 1.02 update all is done.....
All right. Thanks.

scot

Look at the past we have 5 iterations of Gran Turismo and 4 of Forza motorsport. Easy to see where things are headed looking at the careers. Both Turn 10 and Polyphony felt forced to do something about it when they noticed they where moving to fast and the consumers may not play along...

The content that they market the game with should of course be included when you buy the standard shelf price. It´s not free to play...

It´s kind of an easy solution isn´t it. Lock content in career mode. All content accessible in arcade mode but they haven´t figured out to do that? I want to remember that was possible in previous iterations not just selected models ;)

They can release DLC packs for all I care that is another thing since that isn´t included in the box :)
You may have a point with that, but this is post 2008. We have the ability to go on the internet with our consoles and hook up games with other people and play together, miles away from each other.

The saying "Technology never takes a break" (or whatever it is where you're from) is ubiquitous in gaming now, and it will always be. As long as there is some gullable consumer out there, the producer will keep making it readily availible.

My point is, as the days go on, we will always get new content. It takes man hours to create the car, which is a cost of labor. We can't essentially just say, "Well we already got payed so let's just throw it at 'em". No... Take it as this. If you were in the process of a science fair project, you finish all you testing, data and calculations, and conclusion, you'd then turn it in for a grade. Now you get the grade back, and you see you failed because you left out the hypothesis, or some other bogus requirement. The teacher won't allow you to turn it back in to reset the grade. Now that might seem a bit far off of point, but you can't go back and put in all new content that has evolved in real life, on the discs and back to consumers. No. In any game we waited for the next version to get the next greatest and innovative things. We simply waited. Now we are a part of a world where everyone wants everything now, no matter what the costs are. Next day delivery for example. Something unimaginable in 1965, but a standard today for all consumers....

The fact of the matter is, tomorrow is another day which leads to greater accomplishments than the day before (or however that one goes too)

With the 200% login bonus, the Red Bull X-Junior championship pays out well more than a million credits. 88,900 per win x 5 races, plus a 250,000 credit for winning the championship. That's the base levels - double that and you get 1,389,000 credits if you win all of the races (not hard to do at all).

I believe the 24 minutes of LeMans pays out more than a half million at the 200% bonus level, so that's not too shabby for less than a half hour of your time.

That's 2,778,000 credits in 50 minutes! And no wear and tear on my NASCAR stock car!

You may have a point with that, but this is post 2008. We have the ability to go on the internet with our consoles and hook up games with other people and play together, miles away from each other.

The saying "Technology never takes a break" (or whatever it is where you're from) is ubiquitous in gaming now, and it will always be. As long as there is some gullable consumer out there, the producer will keep making it readily availible.

My point is, as the days go on, we will always get new content. It takes man hours to create the car, which is a cost of labor. We can't essentially just say, "Well we already got payed so let's just throw it at 'em". No... Take it as this. If you were in the process of a science fair project, you finish all you testing, data and calculations, and conclusion, you'd then turn it in for a grade. Now you get the grade back, and you see you failed because you left out the hypothesis, or some other bogus requirement. The teacher won't allow you to turn it back in to reset the grade. Now that might seem a bit far off of point, but you can't go back and put in all new content that has evolved in real life, on the discs and back to consumers. No. In any game we waited for the next version to get the next greatest and innovative things. We simply waited. Now we are a part of a world where everyone wants everything now, no matter what the costs are. Next day delivery for example. Something unimaginable in 1965, but a standard today for all consumers....

The fact of the matter is, tomorrow is another day which leads to greater accomplishments than the day before (or however that one goes too)

hmm I was more arguing that we should have access to the content ON the disc that we pay big money for. If I see a car on the car list for a game I expect to be able to drive it one way or another.

You are arguing weither DLC should be free or not?
It´s very easy and quick money but DLC is as I said previously voluntary and generally they don´t lock the DLC content from you when you buy it? That would be counter productive for DLC sales.

If I wanted to start a second career with another account I could use my V.1.01 on my second system to boost. But I guess I won`t use it...

I can not believe this thread is even active anymore. I guess PD did find a way to fix this so called unfix able problem. I know I'm not helping in making this thread go away but still the glitch is dead the credit flow has increased its time to lock this thing up. It does not have a purpose anymore.

hmm I was more arguing that we should have access to the content ON the disc that we pay big money for. If I see a car on the car list for a game I expect to be able to drive it one way or another.

You are arguing weither DLC should be free or not?
It´s very easy and quick money but DLC is as I said previously voluntary and generally they don´t lock the DLC content from you when you buy it? That would be counter productive for DLC sales.
Not exactly. All I was saying is that DLC should be un-predictable, and not planned out. You said if you see the car on the list you want access to drive it. What exactly is not available yet? PD says they already plan to release DLC every month but does that mean they already have planned what it is for every month?

Here we go...can of worms time...Do you think PD should care that people have glitched? Do you think they should add text regarding it to the agreements? Unless they plan to let us buy DLC with credits I don't think it should matter? We're not rewriting or hacking code. We were just deleting an update and downloading it over again. Shouldn't matter what we do in game and with the files on our personal PS3. They make their money selling us the game and selling us DLC. That's the bottom line right?

I would have no problem forking over cash for downloadable cars if they sent me a real/quality diecast to go with it. They can even set it up like the Skylanders and Infinity games where you can only use the cars you have physically purchased.

PDI did what i've predicted. New save uses new format. Well, not really new, but it uses other name of save file GT6_1.* (instead of GT6.*). When you start v1.02 first time, it will import data from GT6.* files to GT6_1.* and will work only with GT6_1.*, thus old files GT6.* will remain untouched. Game progress, purchases and other things will be saved only to GT6_1.*. Versions 1.0 and 1.01 don't know about GT6_1.* files and won't see any changes you've made in v1.02.
And i believe v1.02 won't import anything from v1.0/1.01 after first use.
So, basically we have to independent saves starting from v1.02.

Back