$20 off Origin code

Thanks, got Bad Company 2 for free.

Had to use a proxy so it would detect that I'm in the US, but it worked. Some people were using the code several times (with some degree of success they managed to grab 6+ games) and managed to redeem the code several times, it works for a single item per account now, so yeah, thanks for the heads up.

No problem.

Sorry to those outside of the US and those wanting to use it for pre-orders. I should have been more specific.

If you're outside of the US you could always use a VPN to redeem it; like Akira mentioned. Its easy and quick; Google for how to's.

Damn I'm short a few bucks to cover shipping :/

Last edited:
Well at the very least they would be well within their right to take any game you used the voucher on away from you or ask you to pay the $20.

Well, they also could suspend your account ... and if I think about the people who played over 800h of BF3, or the people who got an awesome team for FIFA 13 UT, they'll be very mad.
And I don't think they could ask you to pay, but they could take the game away easily.

I'm all for using VPNs to get around release date checks but even Valve will ban you from Steam for using it to buy stuff 'from' other places. They're pretty much Jesus next to EA and I'd rather not get my Origin account banned, no matter how slim the chances.

Funny thing is EA seems to be less strict here than Valve. Valve specifically mentions in their Terms and Conditions that using a VPN could get your account terminated, while EA appears to not care. Though granted, Valve doesn't care either as long as you limit it to playing, and don't use it for financial gain (=their loss).

It works without a VPN, lol. The Origin site has a URL that stops the store geolocating you. :lol:

Well, you know what the Americans say about assumptions... I just found out I got Bulletstorm for 'free' with PS Plus though so I have nothing to spend that $20 on anyway.

Muhahaha, damn EU player should have tried to, apparently it worked, and multiple times,

So people leeched quite a bit of games off of Origin, EA is stepping up and honor all games purchased with the premo code.

Though I suspect one IT guy not having a nice Monday

Some people got several hundreds of dollars worth of games for free.

Ya, I picked up Bulletstorm... that was a mistake. I am sent into a never ending loop of minimize/maximize. So, that's unplayable. I don't care enough to fix it because I was only getting about 25 fps maxed out lmao. Don't buy that for PC.

Last edited:
While the code has been de-activated now and there was a loophole, you could of used the code multiple times for multiple games,

From BBC news
CNet's
Gamedynamo

There was one thing that I cannot find anymore but said that anyone that downloaded the game will have an expired key, Where all the games that were downloaded will be invalid due to this mistake.

No, after finishing with Bad Company's Download the key work normally, besides EA themselves claimed that they will be honoring the sales made over the weekend, so it's highly unlikely that they will track down the people who exploited the code.

Is a mess for that poor IT guy who designed that system and EA themselves, some people who did the survey are all angry at EA because they couldn't get a voucher (or probably didn't catch the code train).

There goes a bit of karma against them, after introducing the whole online pass thing to their games.

This is sort of related (EA giving stuff away for free) but not completely; On a whim I decided to browse the Origin store, which I don't do often, and the Shift 2 DLC is free at the moment... It's the only free DLC I can see, maybe it's an error. 12 cars and 5 tracks in the Legends pack, 14 cars and drag/standing mile mode in the Speedhunters pack. I don't think I've ever even touched Shift 2, maybe I have, I'm not sure. Free DLC is free, however, and highly unexpected of EA. It might be worth pointing out I was given the choice of Origin or non-Origin version so if you have the Steam version, which never got the DLC as far as I know, maybe it'll work with it.

Maybe this is old news, I don't know.

This is sort of related (EA giving stuff away for free) but not completely; On a whim I decided to browse the Origin store, which I don't do often, and the Shift 2 DLC is free at the moment... It's the only free DLC I can see, maybe it's an error. 12 cars and 5 tracks in the Legends pack, 14 cars and drag/standing mile mode in the Speedhunters pack. I don't think I've ever even touched Shift 2, maybe I have, I'm not sure. Free DLC is free, however, and highly unexpected of EA. It might be worth pointing out I was given the choice of Origin or non-Origin version so if you have the Steam version, which never got the DLC as far as I know, maybe it'll work with it.

Maybe this is old news, I don't know.

I saw this too, it was a promotional thing if you buy it off of origin, I saw that pack when I was looking through games and seeing what I could get.

I feel like I should have tried to get multiple games, I'd just assumed it was one and done. I did manage to score FIFA 12 though.

I feel like I should have tried to get multiple games, I'd just assumed it was one and done. I did manage to score FIFA 12 though.

it was supposed to be one and done but the "techie" guys forgot to put it in, so you could of used it multiple times for multiple games,

Even though I got crysis just because its a shooter, and a game that I havent played. :lol:

Back