2005-06 NBA Season Discussion Thread

• Thread starter a6m5
  • 612 comments
a6m5
There is absolutely nothing wrong with hacking Shaq. The man has nobody to blame but himself for being a poor free throw shooter.

I don't think it's wrong - i just think it's something that a team like the Charlotte Bobcats might do, but not the Dallas Mavericks within the NBA Finals. It's not a classy move.

And besides, it's been proven that Hack-a-Shaq has never worked. Take tonight for example.

Giancarlo
Screw numbers, the W is what counts. It's nobody's fault that the Mavs have had no hope of stopping D-Wade, it's nobody's fault that Howard made that huge mistake, it's nobody's fault that the Haslem-Posey tandem are the perfect Nowitzki stoppers, and it's nobody's fault the Mavs can't seem to hold on to a lead in the Heat's building.

And you keep talking about class, when the Mavs did Hack-a-Shaq like four times. Please.

No, but it is Miami's fault when they call stupid fouls on Dallas, most of them appearing right AFTER we start a 10-point lead.

I don't care what you say. I bet you we would have won if those calls had been fair and called on Miami.

*McLaren*
No, but it is Miami's fault when they call stupid fouls on Dallas, most of them appearing right AFTER we start a 10-point lead.

I don't care what you say. I bet you we would have won if those calls had been fair and called on Miami.

What? Hehe, no it's not, what are you talking about? You think the Heat bribed the officials or something?

I doubt that. I believe if Dallas had won tonight (especially by some margin greater than 5) you would have forgotten all about the fouls within the game. But hey, like i've said before, that's not surprising or a bad thing. Everybody is going to see things in the perspective they want to see it in.

No, not bribery. Favoring.

It's quite obvious these refs favored the Miami, and we already know the NBA is doing this to get back at Cuban.

*McLaren*

It's quite obvious these refs favored the Miami, and we already know the NBA is doing this to get back at Cuban.
Nope. This happens to most of the teams in NBA, not just Cuban's.

Giancarlo
I don't think it's wrong - i just think it's something that a team like the Charlotte Bobcats might do, but not the Dallas Mavericks within the NBA Finals. It's not a classy move.

And besides, it's been proven that Hack-a-Shaq has never worked. Take tonight for example.
Class has nothing to do with it. But like you said, it doesn't work. :D What I want to know is, what happened to the Mav's effective double team defense on Shaq?

Would you guys shut up with your stupid conspiracy theories? The Mavericks lost on the road. Get over it. It's extremely hard to beat south florida teams post-season while at home in any sport.

Maybe you should stop blaming the innocent refs and start thinking of what your game would've been like if Stackhouse didn't make such a "classy" move.

*McLaren*

That is not Miami's fault.

If the NBA wanted to "get back" at Cuban for, whatever the hell you are talking about, i don't think the Mavericks would be in the Finals right now.

Why can't you just respect or at least accept the fact that Miami is finally shutting your team down? When the Mavs were pounding the Heat in the first two games, i did just that by saying that Miami could have done much better if they had just stepped up to the plate like any team is supposed to in the Finals. I didn't go off that Dallas was getting calls in their favor (like on the many 4-point plays) or that there was some big conspiracy in the works.

Giancarlo
That is not Miami's fault.

If the NBA wanted to "get back" at Cuban for, whatever the hell you are talking about, i don't think the Mavericks would be in the Finals right now.

Why can't you just respect or at least accept the fact that Miami is finally shutting your team down? When the Mavs were pounding the Heat in the first two games, i did just that by saying that Miami could have done much better if they had just stepped up to the plate like any team is supposed to in the Finals. I didn't go off that Dallas was getting calls in their favor (like on the many 4-point plays) or that there was some big conspiracy in the works.

I never said it was Miami's fault. And the series doesn't like Cuban. Now that he has a team in the finals, what other way is there to get him for all his badtalking about the NBA?

I'm done with the series anyways. Congratulations to Miami. 👍

On another note, why are so many people comparing Dwyane Wade to Michael Jordan all of a sudden? Wade is frickin' amazing, but he's no MJ. I wish people would save those kinds of comments for after the heat win the championship.

This series is far from over. I didn't think Miami could beat Dallas three times in a row. If Miami does it four times in a row, I'll let you guys punch me in the face.

Omnis
On another note, why are so many people comparing Dwyane Wade to Michael Jordan all of a sudden? Wade is frickin' amazing, but he's no MJ. I wish people would save those kinds of comments for after the heat win the championship.
They do this all the time. I wonder about many people in sports media. They can't be really that stupid and do what they do. I think they just want to report/write about stuff that captures peoples' attention. Wade is a totally different player from M.J. They are both very good(with one of them being the greatest) guards, but their style, team, face(:P) are very different. Brings us back to the days when they compared another Heat to M.J., Harold 'Baby Jordan' Miner. :dopey:

Originally posted by *McLaren*
I never said it was Miami's fault.

Look, whatever. You are gonna get calls in your favor in Dallas, because calls always go in favor of the home team. It's not some new, crazy thing.

*McLaren*
I'm done with the series anyways. Congratulations to Miami. 👍

So you've also pretty much given up? I'm sick to my stomache watching that game tonight. What a emotional downer.

Omnis
Would you guys shut up with your stupid conspiracy theories? The Mavericks lost on the road. Get over it. It's extremely hard to beat south florida teams post-season while at home in any sport.

Maybe you should stop blaming the innocent refs and start thinking of what your game would've been like if Stackhouse didn't make such a "classy" move.

*cough*suckup*cough*

For once and for all the foul Stack did on Shaq (BY SHAQ'S OWN ADMITTANCE) WAS A HARD PLAYOFF BASKETBALL FOUL. Are you THAT thick headed to not understand this? You OBVIOUSLY have never seen a basketball game pre-2000, because you have no clue what a classless foul really is. What Stack did to Shaq was weak and not even hard contact, watch some old Charles Oakley or Bill Laimbeer footage to see what (as you put it so elequantly) "classy" fouls are.

Secondly, you can't be serious on this south Florida thing--that's a joke. Where's the Dophins' championship? Oh, my bad they don't have one the last 30 years. Sort of puts your high and mighty southside attitude in perspective doesn't it?

Giancarlo
Look, whatever. You are gonna get calls in your favor in Dallas, because calls always go in favor of the home team. It's not some new, crazy thing.

I'll hold you to that. 👍 And let me be the first to say this, if we get a game called in our favor like that was called in Miami's favor in either of these next two games I WILL ADMIT that it was unfair and lopsided. But like you I will take the W anyway I get it. So I guess I'm just as guilty as you. :sly:

Giancarlo
Ok, I'll admit I said that, though I know it wasn't.

JCE, if Dallas wins the next game, I'll come back. I am very impressed in Dallas even if we still lost by 1 (hey, compared to the last game, major improvement).

But I really doubt we can.

Full of biased people heh?

I mean come on, be emotional DURING the game but you should try to learn to then be objectif in your understanding of the game.

We don't ******** care what a pre-2000 hard foul was because now we are in 2006.

Calls have been going either way, Dirk had 2 offensive fouls that weren't called, calls are going either way, get over it.

Conspiracy theory against Mark Cuban? Ah COME ON, where will you go now?

You sound pathetic!

About the refs in the NCAA, we all agree with their calls because they don't give a damn about the so called superstars. A foul is a foul, no matter who you are. In the NBA , it is different. Get over it.

BTW, we could go on and on and on talking about the fouls that weren't called and that could have changed the game, so PLEASE , just get over it.

I just keep on editing because so many ideas pop to my head...a6m5 said that the free throw shooting differential was enormous, well that is the disavantage to fouling SHAQ everytime he gets the ball. OK you will get the ball back sometimes because he will miss loads of FT, but you also put the WHOLE team in the bonus, then the Wades and such come to the line, hit the FT and pack on the points. Coaching error right there if you ask me.

JCE3000GT
Secondly, you can't be serious on this south Florida thing--that's a joke. Where's the Dophins' championship? Oh, my bad they don't have one the last 30 years. Sort of puts your high and mighty southside attitude in perspective doesn't it?

No, it's not a joke. The Dolphins haven't counted recently because they haven't even made the playoffs. Notice how I said post-season. :lol:

It's true, though. Look what happened with the last two Marlins championships, and the Heat everytime they've made the playoffs, the panthers when they made the eastern championships, and, you know, when the dolphins HAVE made the playoffs they've put up a pretty mean fight. I didn't say beating south florida post-season teams was impossible; I just said it was difficult to do in our houses.

Div is back
About the refs in the NCAA, we all agree with their calls because they don't give a damn about the so called superstars. A foul is a foul, no matter who you are. In the NBA , it is different. Get over it.
Most people are OK with the league's "superstar treatment", because they don't care about the actual competition. They are just casual fans wanting entertainment. It's love & hate with David Stern for me, because he really brought NBA up, but by turning the league into a WWF-like showboat.

I will not get over it, because by compromising the officiating with B.S. like the superstar treatment, home court advantage, etc, etc, NBA becomes another step closer to professional wrestling or boxing. I want fair competition with out anybody rigging it.

Div is back
I just keep on editing because so many ideas pop to my head...a6m5 said that the free throw shooting differential was enormous, well that is the disavantage to fouling SHAQ everytime he gets the ball. OK you will get the ball back sometimes because he will miss loads of FT, but you also put the WHOLE team in the bonus, then the Wades and such come to the line, hit the FT and pack on the points. Coaching error right there if you ask me.
This is a great point, and I'm against hacking Shaq as well........ except I didn't say anything about FT shooting differential. I think you got me mixed up with somebody else. :D

As a fan of the Heat in this series, I loved last nights game. As a fan of basketball in general, I think the mavs got screwed near the end with a few missed / bad calls. Although the mavs got away with a couple of 'blocking' fouls that should have been charging near the begining of them game. I gotta say I cannot wait to see what it will be like game 6. I think Stack is going to light it up off of the bench, just pissed at missing a game. Home 1court for the mavs too....the heat will have to be better than they've played all season to win in my opinion.

TwinTurboJay
As a fan of the Heat in this series, I loved last nights game. As a fan of basketball in general, I think the mavs got screwed near the end with a few missed / bad calls. Although the mavs got away with a couple of 'blocking' fouls that should have been charging near the begining of them game. I gotta say I cannot wait to see what it will be like game 6. I think Stack is going to light it up off of the bench, just pissed at missing a game. Home 1court for the mavs too....the heat will have to be better than they've played all season to win in my opinion.

+rep

Thank you. You said it perfectly...and if it's any indication of the team being pissed off by Dirk kicking the chair Game 6 should be a good one...as long as the refs don't favor either team too badly.

So all of you that question me on my opinion about being fair Jay here just proved my point.

Well at least this thread is popular once again.

Conspiracy theories? Come on guys. And when was the last time that a team with Shaq on it didn't have a big free throw advantage? Combine the hack-a-Shaq with Wade getting to the hoop whenever he feels like it, and Miami is going to have the FT advantage, always.

a6m5 - I'm holding you to your "punch me in the face" comment. ;)

Saleen Man
a6m5 - I'm holding you to your "punch me in the face" comment. ;)
Of course, you gotta find me first. :D Speaking of my face, I kid you not, Since May, my nose's gotten hit at least five, six times playing basketball! Now, it's looking slightly to the right. I've been playing basketball for like a decade, and I've gotten hit in the nose just once or twice before. :scared:

This is awfully strange.

Game 7 tickets are on sale. Why would tickets be on sale when Game 6 hasn't even started?
Some sites are having a No refund policy. :confused:

btw, I am kinda scared to watch them game....I fear the wrath of dallas after that last game...

My Fearless prediction:

This game will be won in the last 15 seconds of them game. It will be a strangle match.

My prediction:

Stackhouse is going to do a backflip into Shaq's face and Dirk is going to rip out Haslem's cornrows and eat them and when the heat are presented their trophy, he's going to kick down the stage and smash his head into the trophy and cause a big explosion of dirk-head.

They had the guy on the news who got hit by the ball that dirk kicked. He was like in his 70's and had emphysema and heart problems. The ball hit him in the face and broke his glasses. That's why Dirk shouldn't kick balls into the crowd. What a dick.

THE HEAT WIN IT ALL, BABY!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!

I told you guys. Please believe...

This sucks, man. All the morons at the AAC are booing my team. It just goes to show you the level of class displayed by crappy Dallas.

Haha, I love how they're booing the comissioner most of all. Congrats to Dwyane Wade for the MVP award. At least he got some cheer for that.

Back