2006-2007 FA Cup Thread - The Final!

• Thread starter Famine
  • 71 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely rubbish game, glad I didn't waste all of my time watching it.. I watched 5 mins before the first half, and the last ten minutes of the game... I did far more productive things the rest of the time! Just wanted to see the new wembley really.

You can bet the Play Off Final between Morecambe and...whoever...for the Conference will probably be more exciting than that

My mate and I watched the match yesterday and put some bets on before the game, and we struck out :(

I was particularly disgruntled, however, because one of my bets was Chelsea to win 1-0, with Didier Drogba to score the goal... I got odds of 40-1 on that, and with my £3 stake, I could have expected £123. But, the bet only covers the first 90 minutes of the match (you can cover ET as well, but you'd get different odds - presumably lower?) but how annoying is that? Right result and right scorer, and no pay-out :grumpy:

It's a mugs' game. There's only one winner in gambling - the bookies.

True... however it did make an incredibly dull game just a little bit more interesting. We did have a sweepstake, however, which I won... a whole £2. I put my winnings towards a pint of Staropramen.

I was asleep after an all-nighter to prepare for an exam, and the goal celebrations woke me up. Apparently I didn't miss a lot. ;-)

Nope, the only thing you missed was Drog scoring and Ronaldo looking like he was gonna burst into floods of tears as he got his losers medal..gotta admit though, 107 steps must be long for the losers

Apparently I didn't miss a lot.
Chelsea and Man Utd did, however...

(actually this isn't even true... It would have been a much better game if either team had atleast some chances of any note, but it pretty much didn't happen...)

The whole event didn't seem that inspired, Chelsea spent the first half keeping asmany players as they could behind the ball which didn't liven things up, Ronaldo didn't do much, Rooney was active but fluffed a lot and spent most of his active periods getting caught offside. There was a couple (I tihnk literally a couple) of goal scoring opportunities but they were all fluffed. The actual mid-field play wasn't that bad, but like you said there just wern't enough chances being taken infront of the goals.

Off the top of my head...

Cech had to save at Rooney's feet and Essien took it off Rooney's toes 6 yards out. And of course Giggs pushed Cech into the goal.
Drogba had a 25 yard shot go a couple of feet away on the left, Kalou had a 20 yard curler go a couple of feet away to the right. And I think Wright-Phillips put one over from inside the box and Lampard put one just over from outside the box.

8 "chances" (including the goal) in 120 minutes. Woo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back