2006 - Releases To Look Out ForMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter 911_Carrera
  • 60 comments
  • 2,966 views
Messages
5,753
Ok, so my Album Release Thread isn't getting much attention.

What releases (albums/singles/EPs/DVDs etc.) are you looking forward to this year?

I'm looking forward to new releases from Snow Patrol, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Razorlight, Tool (hopefully), Stone Sour, Deftones, Trivium, Muse, Bloc Party, Radiohead, Kaiser Chiefs and Maximo Park.

I'm sure there's a lot more, but those are the ones cited for release this year in Kerrang! and NME. I don't really know of any sites with release dates on.
 
Nightwish - End of an Era DVD

Should be good. 👍

Shame the female singer got fired. :(
 
Cannibal Corpse - Kill

Should be a good one. Wretched Spawn was quite a suprise to me.
 
Poverty
Any sources?

Well, there have been a few mixtapes out fairly recently so the album shouldn't be too far behind (but then, at one point it was supposed to be out in 2004 and then definitely in 2005, so...)
 
Right here:

Atryeu's new one should be awesome
The Strokes will be cool
Tom Delonge's new project "Angels And Airwaves" sounds interesting
I can't wait for Muse's new one
My Chemical Romance (I think) has one coming out this year
And I think Metallica's been hinting on having a new CD soon.

Should be a great year for rock music. Hopefully Rap music wont do as well, so I dont have to hear the crap all the time.
 
Not a fan of their latest work, but Slayer have a new album on it's way hopefully by the end of the year. You never know with Thrash bands, either...

Tool's new release, hopefully in May, is high in my expectations.

Cannibal Corpse's new album Kill should be good, judging by the last album, as Akira stated.

Krisiun's new one looks good, judging on the track they've just put out as a sample.

Can't think of anything at the moment, but I'm sure the metal world has some quality albums to throw at us this year, seeing as they owe us for an average year in 2005.
 
Tool has a new album coming out in May? Hallelujah.

Radiohead and Muse are sure to be good'uns as well.
 
Rush should be back in studio about now, and a new album could be out near the end of 2006, if all goes well. I hope its better than Vapor Trails. A tour will also follow (I will definitley go see them live again; brilliant live band).
 
Jimmy Enslashay
Tool's new release, hopefully in May, is high in my expectations.

Wha-wha-wha-WHAAAAAAA? I had no idea. Definitly my top pick for the this 2007.
 
The only 2006 releases I can think of at the moment are:
In Flames - "Come Clarity"
Tool - "Damn secretive bastards haven't even released the album title yet!"​


Here's a news article from a Tool fansite:

. . .

The big news about this release is the sticker on the wrapper promising a new Tool album in "Spring 2006". Anyone around five years ago probably remembers a similar sticker on Salival, which predated Lateralus by a mere five months. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

. . .

Not long now people. :)
 
amp88
Well, there have been a few mixtapes out fairly recently so the album shouldn't be too far behind (but then, at one point it was supposed to be out in 2004 and then definitely in 2005, so...)

Cool any stand out tracks from the mixtapes?
 
Kaiser Chiefs
Linkin Park (that's if there's one due out this year?)
 
Metallica has mentioned end of the year or beginning of 2007.

But I'll be waiting on the RHCP, Tool and Stone Sour
 
david gilmour has another solo album coming up. I'll be seeing him perform in april 👍
 
911_Carrera
So...? :lol:

Apparently, it's meant to be a lot more "progressive".

:grumpy: Am I really the only one who likes "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge"

:lol:
 
Race Idiot
It's meant to be pretty crap, I don't think it's worth looking forward to.
I have the promo. :)

Its pretty good. Much better than Sountrack at least. Well, at least my ears say so. The problem is, people keep expecting them to put out another "Jester Race" or "Whoracle".
 
Shannon
I have the promo. :)

Its pretty good. Much better than Sountrack at least. Well, at least my ears say so. The problem is, people keep expecting them to put out another "Jester Race" or "Whoracle".

Yeah, there's quite a few tracks on there that are really good. I'll have to listen to it a bit more to give any opinion though.

Clay
:grumpy: Am I really the only one who likes "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge"

:lol:

Alas, no. If only you were...
 
New Deftones? Oh yeah. 👍
 
Darzamat's new album 'Transkarpatia' came out last week 7/10... Cannibal Corpse's album should be good (is there a bad album by them?)... Demiricous One's album also came out last week 8/10... In Flames also released 'Come Clarity', which is pretty respectable, given their past work. Krisiun's new album 'AssassiNation' isn't half bad.

This year I'm hoping Pat Metheny releases something better than last year's album.
 
If they do release it this year, Audioslave I have heard have started writing for the new album. I can't wait, I thought Out Of Exile was awesome.
 
Placebo's "MEDS" should be good. Tool's new cd(hopefully), Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Linkin Park, Radiohead, Sonic Youth, The Cure, Deftones, Stone Sour, Taking Back Sunday, Angels & Airwaves, Pluss 44, P.O.D., Muse, and Snow Patrol.
 
I think I read that Snow Patrol's new album is due out in Spring? I can't wait.
 
All the press about the new Strokes album had me thinking it was a radically different album. Only the first two songs are very different (one is the single "Juicebox"), you'll catch yourself asking "am I listening to Room On Fire by accident?" before long. Not that it's bad; it's the Strokes. But it's not as different as I hoped.

I mean this in the worst way possible; My Chemical Romance is The Used in diet form. Crap is always bad for you, no matter if it's diet or not. I haven't heard Angels & Airwaves, but if it follows more in the style of Boxcar Racer, then its better than the same old Blink. But it's still not exactly amazing.

I haven't checked out the new We Are Scientists album, but I'm hoping it's good.

The big album for me this year is (hopefully) Brand New's new one. They've been in hiding for too long, and were supposed to show some new material at last year's Bamboozle before backing out last minute. I'm really interested to see how different the new album will be from Deja Entendu, since that's an album I'm still not tired of.
 
Enforsaken have a new album coming out March 7! Good melodeath is always a welcome addition to my collection!
 
Back