2007-2008 FA Cup Thread

• Thread starter Famine
  • 63 comments
Yeah, it was like watching a completely different team, the commentators on the radio (who normally hate newcastle) said it was like watching brazil in the first 10 minutes.

And yeah it was only Stoke but we are only Newcastle:P I was half expecting Gary Lineker to say "First up the big shock of the night as Newcastle beat Stoke at St James'"

Fifth Round fixtures of the Cup are in:

Fifth round fixtures:

Bristol Rovers v Southampton

Cardiff City v Wolves

Sheffield United v Middlesbrough

Liverpool v Barnsley

Manchester United v Arsenal

Preston v Portsmouth

Coventry City v West Brom

Chelsea v Huddersfield Town
----

Personally I'm not happy that we've drawn Arsenal, while Chelski and Liverpuddle get some less demanding games... talk about sods law.

However, gives us a chance to whoop Arsenal for major mind games!

Wooo, check out that for the tie of the round.

Preston v Portsmouth..

I don't mind drawing Asenal. We're at home so there's no reason we shouldn't win. If we don't beat them at home then we don't deserve the FA cup.

I guess Arsenal are out.

They just didn't fire today, we pressed them well and we stifled their passing game but they had a shocker all the same, like we did last weekend. Rooney should have scored more, his vision and movment was brilliant but he;s a frustrating player at times because even though you know what he's trying to do a lot of the time would be fantastic if it worked, he wastes a lot of the chances. He needs to start making the most of more chances. He's no doubt about it a great player, he's just too wastefull at the moment.

Kudos to Nani for not lashing out after the way Gallas was gunning him. No pun intended, certainly awesome seeing Liverpool go out. Looking forward to the next round draw.

T'was a bad day, we didn't play that badly we just didn't score. We had a penalty dissalowed that should have been given while they had thiers given and that was the difference. Really though we should have netted two or three long before thier penalty, we just did an Arsenal and wasted far too many good chances.

I suppose the cup is Chelseas to lose now, they're the only top club left.

How Joe Cole was offside with a Barnsley player on the line is beyond beleife:P

Come on Barnsley!

That was amusing when you posted it. Marginally less so now.

Do you weigh the same as a duck?
Apparently. Tbh I'm dissapointed Chelsea are out in a way, it makes the fact we lost more frustrating becuse we wouldn't have had to play them.

Middlesborough are out too, got beat 2-0 by Cardiff. Portsmouth are the only Prem team still in it.

The biggest team left get the hardest possible draw - the top remaining other team, away.

It says on my sleeve that I'm Paul Robinson. I'm not. I'm a better goalie for a start.

I hate Cardiff.

But find myself strangely supportive.

Any talk on whether they'll actually be allowed in the Champions League spot that the FA gives to the FA Cup winner? The problem being that Cardiff are FAW members.

They've just said on MOTD2 that UEFA would look into it, and may give Cardiff a wildcard entry into the UEFA cup.

Back