2008 Best Car Series: Audi R8 vs Koenigsegg CCX-R

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 95 comments
  • 5,563 views

R8 vs CCX-R


  • Total voters
    76
  • Poll closed .
Reventón;3142421
The R8 is based on the Gallardo platform. However, because the Gallardo's body came from the Le Mans Quattro Concept's Audi Space Frame body, the Gallardo is technically the one built off the R8.

But, neither car look alike.

Hmm, that's a little confusing, but I believe you, since you're a fan on Lamborghinis, you know more about them than me.
 
Last edited:
The R8 is the car that has taken the fight to Porsche and beaten it, in all the magazine comparos i have seen.

You can drive it everyday, and you can spank it at the track.

The CCXRSHGRUYGPNJEKJG is a superlative track car, but its daily driver abilities are called to question.
 
Hmmm... very tough choice.

On one hand, the CCX-R is a very clever car. It's Swedish, which makes it rather unique, it's designed with loving attention to detail and those incredibly swiss-watch-like swivoting doors (if it's not a swinging pivot, what is it? :lol: ), and it's blazingly fast.

As an ownership proposition, the fact that you can spend endless hours under the bonnet tweaking the suspension or endless hours just sitting in the fine interior are a good thing.

On the other hand, the R8 is a beautifully crafted sportscar... a supercar for sportscar prices, made a "mere sportscar" by a willfull exclusion of the big power it would need to become a supercar (probably in deference to the Gallardo, whose toes it'd be stepping on if it had a full 500 ponies). It's kinetic sculpture at its finest and reportedly... *gasp* ...drives nice.

---

*Sigh*... while the Egg is the more desirable car, I'd say the R8 is the more relevant one... never mind that it's not the fastest in its class... anything that looks like sex deserves to win. :lol:
 
R8. I will never support anything made by the Swedes.. besides, Audi looks more comfortable, probably is more comfortable, and doesn't have ridiculously long shifter.
 
Ouch this is a hard one..... got to dig deep and vote for either of these wonderful cars. The R8 is attracting because its a very versatile car (especially the R9 GT3, oh..... the R8 GT3 :drool:👍) and is affordable to most people and is considered a proper midship engine German sports car that could rival the Italians..... 👍

The CCX-R on the other hand, is just a car on a class of its very own and very few cars could rival it in terms of price, styling, top speed and the sheer rarity of a Swedish supercar. (I'm comparing it to the obvious Veryron and the SSC Aero TT) I know 1 million is quite a lot for the car, but then again, didn't the Veryon pretty much costs the same as well? Price is not about just some bare carbon body, some tacky wing or extra horsepower, it really goes more far than that. If you were one of the millionaires buying this car, your not just looking at a car, rather your looking at the awesomeness the car has to bring..... The car is like a work of art (so to speak) and owning one is just like a piece of history rare diamond, or something so valuable that just cannot be describe by the price of the thing. It does however give you a high social status as a car owner/collector of a prestigious car of its era....

(yeah, looks like I'm leaning towards the Koenigsegg after all. :guilty:)
 
Last edited:
Voted the CCX-R, I fell in love with it when I seen the Top Gear episode with it on, so wild and entertaining, and the exhaust note :drool: As has been said, the R8 is boringly perfect, so go for it if you want to possibly be more content with your choice.
 
JCE
R8, there isn't really even a nanosecond to think about this one. The R8 is just about perfect except for being out of my price range. :grumpy:

So, if you were to be given either of them for free would you still opt for the R8?
 
So, if you were to be given either of them for free would you still opt for the R8?

Well, I would. The R8 is so much more livable than the Koenigsegg. Also the Koenigsegg has some bad viewing angles. It looks hideous sometimes. The R8 on the otherhand looks amazing at every angle I've seen it at.
 
Well, I would. The R8 is so much more livable than the Koenigsegg. Also the Koenigsegg has some bad viewing angles. It looks hideous sometimes. The R8 on the otherhand looks amazing at every angle I've seen it at.

Do you know this because you've driven them both?
 
Did I say I had? No. I said the Koenigsegg looks hideous at certain angles. While the R8 does not. I don't need to drive them to know what they look like...
 
Do you know this because you've driven them both?

I've driven them both.

OK, I lie, but I dreamed about the CCX, and GT5:P was fun.:dopey::lol:
 
Did I say I had? No. I said the Koenigsegg looks hideous at certain angles. While the R8 does not. I don't need to drive them to know what they look like...

I was referring to your statement 'The R8 is so much more livable than the Koenigsegg'. You do really need to have spent time with both cars to know this.
 
Its hard to compaire the Audi and the Konigigigizegizegiey

One is a day to day sports car in the same range as the 911, R35, ect, that can be used every day, but is pretty fast.

While the other is a balls out full on, espresso double shot hyper car designed to go VERY fast and only that.

They aint in the same league as each other. So on that note for pure driving car, the CCX get my vote.

But if I wanted a day to day car that I could use whenever, the Audi.
 
I don't ever recall reading that the CCX was difficult to drive. Far from it.
 
Not really....

For one, I'm not too thrilled that it's a less capable Gallardo, that people love talking about two engines which haven't been offered publicly yet, and that someone's tried to shove VAG (SEAT and Audi, in particular) propaganda down my throat leaves a bit of a bitter taste.

It's also a little flashy for my tastes, with that blade thing on the side, and maybe I just don't get it. Its performance is also a bit middle-of-the-road for it's price, but considering that, It's not all bad, either. It's just not my favorite.

wow, dont you think its a bit sad to not like a marquee because of what someone says about them?

And performance middle of the road for its price compared to what? Z06 etc granted, but what it lacks in grunt it makes up for in luxury, and its not really a fair comparison unless you take build quality etc into account.
 
wow, dont you think its a bit sad to not like a marquee because of what someone says about them?

Not really. I think it's 'sad' that said people are shoving propaganda down people's throats, to be honest.
 
...whilst thrashing it on a race track. We were talking about it doing normal everyday stuff. No one will ever push it on the road the way a professional driver pushes it on a track.
 
It did try to kill The Stig, and he was struggling to keep it straight.:)

He was pushing the car as hard as he could. Any car becomes difficult to drive when you're trying to keep the car as close to its limits of adhesion without losing grip.
 
Not really. I think it's 'sad' that said people are shoving propaganda down people's throats, to be honest.

lol so media material is all propaganda now? No one forces the guy to read it.

When does school start again? I thought the school summer holiday was over now.
 
...whilst thrashing it on a race track. We were talking about it doing normal everyday stuff. No one will ever push it on the road the way a professional driver pushes it on a track.

Silly me, I must have missed that part, I'll shut up now.:sly:
 
The Koenigsegg seems far too expensive so I went with the R8 instead, although it's a bit pricey too.
 
R8 all the way.



;)
 
...although it's a bit pricey too...

Hence the reason why I still prefer the 911 Carrera 4S...
 
When does school start again? I thought the school summer holiday was over now.

Then you had better start running, or you'll miss the short bus.


M
 
So, if you were to be given either of them for free would you still opt for the R8?

If I was given either for "free", I'd definetely go with the Koenigsegg. However the price is a bit hard to live with, so I'd go with the R8 based on my choice to take price into account. But yea in the price being equal, I'd take the Koenigsegg any day over the R8.
 
Despite the fact that I may still be a bit bitter over the Audi knocking off my precious 911, I'd have it in a heartbeat versus the Swede. Purely in the sense that it is a car that you can get in and out of easily, drive to the grocer, and not have it attempt to kill you seems to make it the better choice... Even when I think the idea of spinning backwards into heaven while on fire is a good one.

I take it you've actually driven a Koenigsegg to the grocery store then?
Pretty sure you could daily both, pretty sure you wouldn't daily neither..
 
I would pick the R8.

I would say the R8 is far more attainable than the CCX-R. In the sense that the R8 is low 6 figures, as opposed to 7 figures for the CCX-R, and that the R8 is more readily available here in the US. I know there is a dealer in Las Vegas, but really, how many are they offering at any given time? No more than a couple.

The R8 would also be easier to take anywhere I wanted to go. Rain or shine. Putting on miles on the car won't hurt either since servicing is easily accessible via the Audi dealer network.

Having gotten into the Elise since their introduction here in the US, I've had a totally different point of view about low-volume niche cars. Yeah, they're fun to drive and offer something totally different from what's out there. But if you're unlucky and live in an area that's not close to a dealer... it's a pain to get anything fixed under warranty or do any kind of required service work.

Having somewhere nearby to take your car to fork work is what makes a real world drivable supercar, I think.
 
I would be hesitant taking either car to a dealer for maintenance. Do you really want some guy (maybe a kid) you know nothing about wrenching away at your super expensive car? Especially if their only experience comes from 4 cylinder motors and V6s? I'd find a more professional mechanic for either car. And I could afford it too if I was in the market for these machines.

And who knows. Maybe Koenigsegg has a roving mechanic policy (similar to Bugatti I believe) where they can fly you out a certified mechanic wherever you are for repairs.
 
Back