2008 Best Car Series: Audi R8 vs Koenigsegg CCX-R

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 95 comments
  • 5,563 views

R8 vs CCX-R


  • Total voters
    76
  • Poll closed .
I voted for the Koenigsegg, precisely because it's one of the scariest god damned things on wheels.
 
I would be hesitant taking either car to a dealer for maintenance. Do you really want some guy (maybe a kid) you know nothing about wrenching away at your super expensive car? Especially if their only experience comes from 4 cylinder motors and V6s? I'd find a more professional mechanic for either car. And I could afford it too if I was in the market for these machines.

And who knows. Maybe Koenigsegg has a roving mechanic policy (similar to Bugatti I believe) where they can fly you out a certified mechanic wherever you are for repairs.

True. But dealer done services creates a basis for legitimate complaints if something does go wrong. Or keeps going wrong. And it keeps your warranty intact. It creates a paper trail that's honored by the auto maker.

It isn't like a service station for more mass produced vehicles. I suspect the R8 would require specially trained technicians. Similar to the GTR. It's in their best interest to make sure you're car is safe and that you feel comfortable taking the car to them. Since their labor rates are much higher in general.

But with the high rates come some piece of mind knowing that your warranty is honored should anything go wrong.

Also another benefit of dealer services and paper trails is it makes your car easier to sell when its time to get out and move onto something else.
 
So, if you were to be given either of them for free would you still opt for the R8?

Yes, in a nano second. Its cheaper to run, maintain, insure, is more comfortable (most likely), and I like the look and noise more. Its a landslide really. I do like the CCX, but come on the petrol bill alone would bankrupt me.
 
I take it you've actually driven a Koenigsegg to the grocery store then?

I have, three times actually. Thankfully the grocer is only across the street, and since it sucks up petrol so fast, I just end up pushing it around. Thank God for carbon fiber!

Pretty sure you could daily both, pretty sure you wouldn't daily neither..

I've already got a daily 'sports car' (ha!), but if I were really going to do that, I'd choose to save $20-40K by buying the Porsche 911 or the Corvette.

What?

Old habits die hard...
 
I'm pretty sure that if I had the money, I could use an R8 as a daily driver.
 
I get it, everybody likes the R8 because it's the most civilized supercar right?
 
The CCX-R on the other hand, is just a car on a class of its very own and very few cars could rival it in terms of price, styling, top speed and the sheer rarity of a Swedish supercar. (I'm comparing it to the obvious Veryron and the SSC Aero TT) I know 1 million is quite a lot for the car, but then again, didn't the Veryon pretty much costs the same as well? Price is not about just some bare carbon body, some tacky wing or extra horsepower, it really goes more far than that. If you were one of the millionaires buying this car, your not just looking at a car, rather your looking at the awesomeness the car has to bring..... The car is like a work of art (so to speak) and owning one is just like a piece of history rare diamond, or something so valuable that just cannot be describe by the price of the thing. It does however give you a high social status as a car owner/collector of a prestigious car of its era....
Not sure if people aren't getting this, but the car nominated is the CCX-R Edition, and it doesn't cost $1 million. A normal CCX-R is est. around $1 million. The problem with this special edition, is that the chassis is only slightly re-setup, a new spoiler, and a bare CF body. These 3 things then raise the price to $2.3 million.

What would you rather go for? A $1 million CCX-R, or do you really think that new spoiler & bare CF body is worth another $1.3 million? I don't. A Reventon or Veyron could be considered overpriced, but I'd rather buy either of those before spending $1.3 million on a spoiler, bare CF, and small changes when the original car is more than enough.
(yeah, looks like I'm leaning towards the Koenigsegg after all. :guilty:)[/QUOTE]

I would be hesitant taking either car to a dealer for maintenance. Do you really want some guy (maybe a kid) you know nothing about wrenching away at your super expensive car? Especially if their only experience comes from 4 cylinder motors and V6s? I'd find a more professional mechanic for either car. And I could afford it too if I was in the market for these machines.
You know they train these guys right? Nissan already trains multiple mechanics for a few weeks on how to maintain a GT-R, so I'm sure Audi has taken similar steps for R8 owners.
 
Its a RS4 engine in a Gallardo... How hard can it really be?
 
Oh god, insanity is about to ensue. Thanks YSS!
 
Reventón;3143661
Not sure if people aren't getting this, but the car nominated is the CCX-R Edition, and it doesn't cost $1 million. A normal CCX-R is est. around $1 million. The problem with this special edition, is that the chassis is only slightly re-setup, a new spoiler, and a bare CF body. These 3 things then raise the price to $2.3 million.

What would you rather go for? A $1 million CCX-R, or do you really think that new spoiler & bare CF body is worth another $1.3 million? I don't. A Reventon or Veyron could be considered overpriced, but I'd rather buy either of those before spending $1.3 million on a spoiler, bare CF, and small changes when the original car is more than enough.
Oops, maybe I kinda missed it. Always thought it was just the CCX-R...... :guilty:

As for the hefty price, you know people are still gonna buy it. So whats the fuss about the extras you get out of the car? I could very well say that the Reventon is just a Murcielago with some cool body and bits and pieces and the Veyron is just pretty much a VW with some custom made parts for it. Either way, if you were a multi millionaire and an avid car collector, would you not want to add that car to your collection? If I had the money I'm sure I would buy it in an instant.....

Its a RS4 engine in a Gallardo... How hard can it really be?
That was harsh.... :lol:👍
 
Oops, maybe I kinda missed it. Always thought it was just the CCX-R...... :guilty:

As for the hefty price, you know people are still gonna buy it. So whats the fuss about the extras you get out of the car? I could very well say that the Reventon is just a Murcielago with some cool body and bits and pieces and the Veyron is just pretty much a VW with some custom made parts for it. Either way, if you were a multi millionaire and an avid car collector, would you not want to add that car to your collection? If I had the money I'm sure I would buy it in an instant.....
I acknowledged the Veyron & the Reventon, but my point was what would you have? The Veyron or the Lambo or a spoiler & bare CF body? I'd rather buy a CCX & a Veyron instead for the price of a CCX-R Edition. Still get the 'Segg & another supercar to boot.
 
Reventón;3143751
I acknowledged the Veyron & the Reventon, but my point was what would you have? The Veyron or the Lambo or a spoiler & bare CF body? I'd rather buy a CCX & a Veyron instead for the price of a CCX-R Edition. Still get the 'Segg & another supercar to boot.
Well I guess its just preferences then. No offense to be honest, I appreciate your opinion and all but somehow I think the CCX-R Edition is more striking than the other two, and (however) limited is the production number of the car is plus, it would already look like a track car to go by the looks of it..... 👍
 
The CCX-R's engine is actually more powerful than the Veyron's engine when it runs on Biofuel

Veyron: 1,015 PS
CCX-R: 1,032 PS (if runned on biofuel)

note: 1 PS is a bit less than 1 HP, and I used it because the Japanese measure power this way
 
Last edited:
That power also goes through two wheels only. As a GT-R fanboy you should know that in high powered cars 4wd/AWD is always better than RWD.. ;)
 
That power also goes through two wheels only. As a GT-R fanboy you should know that in high powered cars 4wd/AWD is always better than RWD.. ;)

Only if no one wants to go sideways, but in this case, you're absolutely right 👍

I think the only person in the world who would be crazy enough to drift a Koeniggseg is him
article-1026641-025553DE000004B0-718_468x391.jpg
 
Last edited:
I think the only person in the world who would be crazy enough to drift a Koeniggseg is him

Provide the Keoniggsegg and I will drift it happily.
 
Its a RS4 engine in a Gallardo... How hard can it really be?

With a TT's body stretched over it all ;)
 
The CCX-R's engine is actually more powerful than the Veyron's engine when it runs on Biofuel

Veyron: 1,015 PS
CCX-R: 1,032 PS (if runned on biofuel)

note: 1 PS is a bit less than 1 HP, and I used it because the Japanese measure power this way

I see - since both cars are Japanese...

That power also goes through two wheels only. As a GT-R fanboy you should know that in high powered cars 4wd/AWD is always better than RWD.. ;)

1000hp + 4WD = 750hp to the road; 1000hp + RWD = 800hp to the road
 
I see - since both cars are Japanese...



1000hp + 4WD = 750hp to the road; 1000hp + RWD = 800hp to the road

Well, tbh, that'd be more like 500hp to the road for the RWD car after it struggles for traction, not that anyone will read this post.
 
That's just at launch though. When actually driving, the 1000hp RWD car will have more impetus than the 1000hp 4WD car under acceleration.

Not that the difference between 750hp and 800hp at the wheels is worth writing home about. You'll still hit the horizon marginally faster than you soil yourself.
 
That's just at launch though. When actually driving, the 1000hp RWD car will have more impetus than the 1000hp 4WD car under acceleration.

Not that the difference between 750hp and 800hp at the wheels is worth writing home about. You'll still hit the horizon marginally faster than you soil yourself.

From a rolling start.👍 We don't see nearly enough rolling start drags which are a good indicator of who's car can plain old go faster.
 
Has to be The Konisegeisgesgegeg.
Price isnt a factor cause I can afford neither.
The Audi is nice..buuut... I used to know a girl who was "nice" and given this is pure fantasy who wants to drool over a girl who is "nice".

No thanks. I'll take the carbon clad Dominatrix who will scare the bejezus out of me all the way to climax, send me home quivering and broken yet leave me desperately wanting for more.
 
Well I guess its just preferences then. No offense to be honest, I appreciate your opinion and all but somehow I think the CCX-R Edition is more striking than the other two, and (however) limited is the production number of the car is plus, it would already look like a track car to go by the looks of it..... 👍
Fair enough, I suppose.
The CCX-R's engine is actually more powerful than the Veyron's engine when it runs on Biofuel

Veyron: 1,015 PS
CCX-R: 1,032 PS (if runned on biofuel)

note: 1 PS is a bit less than 1 HP, and I used it because the Japanese measure power this way
True, but again, not really the point.
 
We should get going with the next ones since the R8 and CTS are almost set in stone. Not that I'm opposed to waiting
 
The Audi is nice..buuut... I used to know a girl who was "nice" and given this is pure fantasy who wants to drool over a girl who is "nice".

Apparently you know little about how girls work... :indiff:

If the Audi was "nice" and we were using the girl analogy, it would try and throw itself into a ditch as soon as you buy it.

If we're talking about the "Nice car dude!" kind of nice, then the Audi certainly is a very nice car. And one place I wouldn't mind spending a lot of time in.
 
The Audi is nice..buuut... I used to know a girl who was "nice" and given this is pure fantasy who wants to drool over a girl who is "nice".

Not this stupid method again, what relationship is there possibly between a girl and a car?
 
Last edited:
You can have a good ride with both of them...but they can kill you. :D
 
Not this stupid method again, what relationship is there possibly between a girl and a car?

If it needs to be explained to you then there is no point in explaining it... .so I wont.
 
If it needs to be explained to you then there is no point in explaining it... .so I wont.

You mean there really is a relationship between human and machine? Well go on and explain then, I learn things everyday on these threads. You be the teacher ;)
 
Last edited:
Back