2008 European Championships (England not included)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 253 comments
I really feel for Turkey, they have shown real determination and energy which seems to have come from no where, all thier matches have been 'edge of your seat' stuff and when they managed to bring it back to 2-2 I thought atleast they have a chance to go through penalty kicks but alas....

I would have been nice to see what they could do in a final, they really did deserve it as Germany's play was a bit off tonight...

On another note, how much of a pervert is the crowd camera guy! :lol: He keeps picking out like really hot girls especially that blonde German girl with the white glittery top... he showed her like 5 times, did a zoom in on her and also showed her celebrating when Germany scored.... credit to the guy :sly: but could he be any more blatant!

Robin

Ouch! :ouch:
That match was just painful to bare. With the 🤬 power failure, I totally missed the most important part of the match! :banghead: (ok, I assume that we all had the same coverage, as all of you said were true.... :lol:) Bah, it was sad to see Turkey losing out even when they were the better team. Lehman can consider himself lucky for having such talents as Podolski, Lahm, Sweinsteiger, and Ballack in his team, for if he don't have them, he would have to bare the burden for the team..... 👍

At least you guys got to watch it. I'm in class for the rest of the matches. :( School started at just the wrong time.

If I were German, I'd be getting worried right about now...

My mate had money on Russia, so I bet he's not a happy bunny at the minute :P

Once again, Russia had nothing in the tanks to stop Spain. I expect Germany will win it, but if Spain are at their best they can spring a surprise on the Germans. Gonna put £10 on Spain just for the hell of it, followed them this far, ain't gonna stop supporting them just because they're facing Germany.

This time we are gonna win. But not only win. We will win AND kick Germany ass. This time we can do it. Oh yeah. Germany, start to fear the Spanish Army...

The very bad performance was still enough to beat an extremely well playing Turkish team. If we play well, there is no way Spain will win.

Alright, Spain!

I'm not going to root for any team in particular so as not to jinx it, but I didn't grow this Spain soccer-mullet for nothin'.

The very bad performance was still enough to beat an extremely well playing Turkish team. If we play well, there is no way Spain will win.

The problem is, Germany isn’t playing anything at all. I don’t know how they win without playing anything good. They just play in defense; they are like a second Italy.

So, I hope Spain wines this championship. I was kind of routing for Russia, but oh well.

Can't believe how Spain actually win against Russia 3-0!!!! :D I guess Spain will be the better team come Sunday! 👍 Germany can go to hell if they think they can win it easily...... :P

Can't believe how Spain actually win against Russia 3-0!!!! :D I guess Spain will be the better team come Sunday! 👍 Germany can go to hell if they think they can win it easily...... :P

Anything can happen on a Sunday.

It's a question of psyche. It's a final and there's a lot of pressure on the players. The strange thing is, that if one player shows weakness, often the rest of the team follows. Like some contagious disease. Spain have probably the best passing in the tournament, Germany have much taller players. Germany is comparable with Italy an Spain with Portugal. You can say the final is the quarter final 2.0.

Actually, Germany is comparable with Germany and Spain with Spain. Hahaha.

Whoever has the best back four will win imo.

this is why spain should have played against turkey not germany.
germany wasnt any better than turkey match. they were ghost. they couldnt even do a proper attack. Their all attacks has ended with a offside trap in second half.
and spain played perfect. They done everything correct.
congrats to spain

Who do you guys think was the MOTM? I would say Torres for sure for that INCREDIBLE hustle, but Iker Casillas was also perfect. Puyol worked his ass off too.

I'm sure the score would've been higher if Iniesta didn't just stop right in front of goal every time he had a shot. :lol:

Their all attacks has ended with a offside trap in second half.

It's a well known problem. Especially Klose, Kuranyi and Gomez simply don't get it. If you add the IQs of Klose and Kuranyi the sum is still two digit.

I would say Torres for sure for that INCREDIBLE hustle, but Iker Casillas was also perfect. Puyol worked his ass off too.

I think Casillas wins the "standing there, doing nothing" category. He didn't have to do anything. Did he even need to make 1 save?

I think Casillas wins the "standing there, doing nothing" category. He didn't have to do anything. Did he even need to make 1 save?

He cleared almost every set piece.

It looked like Germany was outplaying Spain for a short moment in the first half, but otherwise, Spain played to deserve it. A very thrilling game; Lehmann nearly had that one decisive shot.

Back