2008 European Championships (England not included)

• Thread starter Famine
  • 253 comments
LdS, yourmain team is gone, so you pick another team, who subsequently are eleminated the following night, please god do not support Spain tommorow.

:lol: Remind me not to put a bet on the team your tooting for.

I wanted Holland to win, but Russia deserved it, Arshavin was brilliant all game. Van PErsie was pretty poor, he didn't beat many defenders, he didn't play team mates in at good opportunities either. Russias 2nd goal was a great cross in,both the 2nd and 3rd goal though were largly helped by Ooijers very poor defending.

Well, not every team. Problem is if I bet on something, I would certainly lose it anyway. Like, I could bet on a team to win AND lose, and it'd be a draw.

LdS, yourmain team is gone, so you pick another team, who subsequently are eleminated the following night, please god do not support Spain tommorow.

I don’t like Spain. But I don’t like Italy either, and Italy has won many titles before, so, has solitude to Nuestros Hermanos (our brothers, our neighborhood country) I have to support Spain. But I think Spain is going to win. Italy isn’t playing very well…lost against Holland, Draw to Romania and Won France (in a 11 vs. 10 match), so…

This is kind of funny. Every team I ever root for winds up losing. Hopefully Spain will reverse that trend.
👎
Same here, I guess this is a curse I say..... :guilty: I might think that Spain is gonna lose to Italy as well. Just face the fact, 3 out of the 4 games are won by the underdogs. All the top teams from each group lost in a spectacular way, so the last game isn't going to be different. If Italy goes through, then I hope the finals would be Turkey vs. Russia, for everyones sake. Germany vs. Italy finals is going to suck! :grumpy:👎

Switches over after watching Top Gear

Looks like I made the right decision....

Glad I watched TG instead of this, caught the end and even then it was boring as anything!

Robin

According the segment the BBC are running now, Spain have lost 3 penalty shootouts, all of them on June 22nd... :eek:

Yes! I didn't jinxed the last game! :bowdown:
Its funny really. The game that I watched had the team I was supporting lost, but I didn't watch this game, and the team I supported won! :dopey: Now I still have hope of supporting one of my teams left in the game. Good job on ya Spain. Especially Fabregas scoring the last penalty goal....... :D

How ANYBODY in the universe can keep their fingers crossed for italy, is simply beyond me. They are - BY FAR, the worst excuse for a bunch of whining hypocrites trying play football.. Bunch of poofters - And Toni, with that moustache, you'll never score another goal..

I'm seriously starting to hate italy italians... Does that make me a racist ?..

I liked the bit where Di Natale dived, rolling off the pitch. Realising he couldn't hold up play if he was already off the pitch, he rolled back onto it so he could then receive treatment on the field and get taken off the pitch.

To be honest with Spain vs. Italy, I was half-expecting the entirety of both teams to all fall over and clutch their thighs/calves/backs/faces as soon as the referee blew the whistle to start the match.

I liked the bit where Di Natale dived, rolling off the pitch. Realising he couldn't hold up play if he was already off the pitch, he rolled back onto it so he could then receive treatment on the field and get taken off the pitch.
That should result in immediate execution by shovel :-|

Stuff like that should earn you at least a yellow card - Preferably a red...

How ANYBODY in the universe can keep their fingers crossed for italy, is simply beyond me. They are - BY FAR, the worst excuse for a bunch of whining hypocrites trying play football.. Bunch of poofters - And Toni, with that moustache, you'll never score another goal..

All I know is that Luca Toni is the most overrated striker.

What for? I was hoping that Buffon would lead his team, but Iker Casillas deserved to win, as did the rest of his team.

What kills me is that Torbinski will miss Russia's next game, after scoring the goal that finished the Dutch.

I have currently just audio, no video. Anyone else?

Video is back, but audio is 5 seconds in front...
Yep, it's the same all over... missed the second German goal!

edit: I don't believe it! 2-2 :eek:

edit again: Never write off the Germans!

How the hell did the Germans get through with that god awful performance? Turks put on a great show, shame they didn't have that slight cutting edge that would've seen them go through for sure. Would love to see Fatih Terim on MoTD though, just for entertainment if nothing else lol.

Ah well, now on to seeing how Russia can reply to Spain's demolition of them in their opening game.

This isnt fair. We've won our 3 terrible played matches but now for the first time we played better but lost in the end. however this is football. Congrats to germans but turkey showed to the world who is better!

I expected Germany to win this this. I didn't expect Germany to play like they did against Portugal, they tend to struggle to raise thier game when playing lesser opposition, but I didn't expect Turkey to play them off the pitch. Turkey had a great game and deserved a win far more than the Germans did.

Yep, Turkey were unlucky - but I think Rustu let them down, personally... still, a great tournament for them 👍 Germany didn't play well, but they always fight, and in typical fashion, they ground out a result even when they weren't playing well...

I feel sorry for all the fans who went to Vienna to watch the game and didn't see any pictures after the first German goal :ill: And we thought we had it bad with the pictures going off on the TV!

I think we would have played better against the "best" turkish eleven. It's always a different situation when playing against a highly motivated reserve, see England vs. Germany at Wembley last August. And you have to consider that both teams have already played four games before the semi final. No team can play five or six consecutive good games within two weeks.

Back