2010 F1 Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter waggles
  • 458 comments
Don't act like I'm not defending myself or my words. You throw your elbows like a ninja (subtly/sneakily), I throw my elbows like a barbarian (bluntly)...in the end they both do damage and get under eachother's skin.

I'll take that as a complement.

Because everything is over your head as usual.

No it isn't.

If you even knew what your big mouth typed and how we've gotten to where we are, you would have realized the latest argument between us didn't start because you were in agreement or disagreement w/me in regards to the timeliness of penalties in Formula 1 (in which Ardius thinks my opinion is incorrect and is trying to correct me because he is always in the right...yet thinks I'm the only one guilty of having overly strong/controversial opinions),

Actually... funny thing... Ardius and I have disagreed in the past, but we've never gotten to this point. Actually... I can't recall the last time I got this deep into it with another member.

rather the fact that you took it upon yourself to answer my question of why the things I say get antagonized left and right.

If you don't want to hear an answer, don't ask the question!

I got irritated with the nerve you had to respond and to write such a thing, being that it was coming from someone who is a hypocrite (of some of things he claims I do wrong - off the the wall accusations) and hater of my actions (deciding to jump in out of nowhere to call violation of AUP on a harmless joke I made...which IMO is only something a off the wall hater would do).

Do I have to hate you? Because I don't. I find you prickly at times, irritating at others, I agree with you sometimes, I disagree with you at others. I find that the things that you say often provoke interesting discussions. I don't hate you, but sometimes I don't like the things you say.

No. As usual you've managed to make this up in your mind. You're the only I would call a hypocrite AND a hater, although there a select few who are guilty of being hypocritical as well.

Forgive me for not being specific. I meant "hypocrite".

And I hope you don't wonder why. I will refrain on commenting here as it only seems to lessen the validity of some of the arguments I have to make, oddly enough :lol:

That's the problem. You often DO have good arguments (and this is a complement) and interesting points of view.

At this point it doesn't matter anyway, as nearly no one is on my side due to the reputation I have built as being overly blunt and rude (even when there is good reason to be so irritated with certain members) :lol:

And with this, I hereby apologize for answering your rhetorical question with my "off-the-wall" comment. Though I do feel this way, maybe I should have couched it in different terms. Feel free to stay mad because of our previous exchange, though, as you have every right to, because I DID take a poke at you for no logical reason whatsoever.

Gentlemen (niky, timeattack07g), more than a tad off-topic, don't you think?

It ends here.

Please take it to PM.

Thanks.

Do I have to hate you? Because I don't. I find you prickly at times, irritating at others, I agree with you sometimes, I disagree with you at others. I find that the things that you say often provoke interesting discussions. I don't hate you, but sometimes I don't like the things you say.

In the future I will try and refrain from being so blunt and controversial, as I realize not everyone takes too kindly to some of the things I say, or the blunt/prick/arrogant type way in which I can respond at times, or when I simply share my thoughts (on Niki Lauda, the FIA, etc...which you'd be better laughing off, then taking too seriously/personally) which seem to get peoples feathers ruffled rather easily. I think my problem is that in reality I have a bit of sarcastic/dry-wit personality, which I guess on the internet can rub people the wrong at times unfortunately, and end up making me look like a straight up a-hole.

Although I still feel my name calling ("7 y.o. tattle taler" - although I'm sure you didn't take it too seriously/personally...which is GOOD! 👍) of you was justified (at least in my mind) at the time, as everything was all good until I cracked a harmless joke and you had to call AUP violation for whatever reason :odd: When you did that I felt that you had something against me from previous actions of mine, and were just waiting for the chance to knock me down (which is why I've been calling you a hater - look it up in the urban dictionary and you'll see what I mean) over something rather lame in my book.

And with this, I hereby apologize for answering your rhetorical question with my "off-the-wall" comment. Though I do feel this way, maybe I should have couched it in different terms. Feel free to stay mad because of our previous exchange, though, as you have every right to, because I DID take a poke at you for no logical reason whatsoever.

Fair enough. Although I didn't really take your comment as much of an insult/poke tbh (it didn't really bother me), what bothered me was the fact that the two people who responded just happened to be guilty (whether you think that or not) of the very things they said I did wrong which was worthy of antagonizing. Basically I thought to myself, who were you to judge or answer the question out of such ignorance (something I can't stand) to your very own actions, which obviously caused me to lash out.

Edit: Sorry Jerry. I think we've (Niky & I) met a bit of middle ground at this point. No more from me :ill:

Last edited:
Edit: Sorry Jerry. I think we've (Niky & I) met a bit of middle ground at this point. No more from me :ill:

No hard feelings, I hope? I'm man enough to admit that I'm not innocent, though I try not to be "that guy". I look forward to discussing other matters in civility, or at least with no serious hostility in the future. 👍

Yup. I think we're done. Sorry for lousing up the thread with these last two posts. Just got to let everyone know that it's over.

No hard feelings, I hope? I'm man enough to admit that I'm not innocent, though I try not to be "that guy". I look forward to discussing other matters in civility, or at least with no serious hostility in the future. 👍

Yea man, no hard feelings here! :cheers: I for one get over things quickly and am definitely not one to hold a grudge over something so stupid (I'm the type who would invite you for a beer if you lived by :lol:). And for sure, I will try to be a bit more aware of the abrasiveness of my comments in the future.

Anyways, it's good to end things on a more positive note 👍

That's fine, and your entitled to thinking that. Let me remind you that this argument started because I came down on the FIA for taking excessively long to come to a conclusion, as well as not having a penalty system in place before hand...then you decided to jump in because you have been trying to correct my opinion all along as if yours is the end all be all to the discussion.

*cough* hypocrite *cough*

No where did I say "you are wrong and you should not think that". I did say I disagreed with your opinion that it was "too long" and gave reasons why I felt that. This isn't about correcting your opinion, its about discussion and explanation. Whether you choose to take on my opinion is your choice.

I don't see how I'm a hypocrite, I'm not the one asking why people are suppoesedly antagonizing me. Again, you ask a question, I give you an answer yet then I'm suppoesedly a hypocrite and I'm trying to correct your opinion. I fully accept having strong and occasionally controversial opinions, so I don't see where the hypocrisy is here.

Back