2010 F1 Belgian Grand Prix

• Thread starter waggles
  • 458 comments
Your point being I'm a delusional fool and shenaniganizer who wears panties and harbors a deep hatred of you? Yes, you've made that point.

Avoid me if you must. If you post something interesting that I simply cannot avoid responding to, I will respond in a manner that is completely non-serious in order not to arouse your panty-twisting fantasies. :D

You'd better :lol: I don't want to envision a short fat dudes panties gettin twisted where the sun don't shine :dopey:

And with that delightful imagery, may I respectfully suggest that any further correspondence on this topic be conducted in private? I'm trying to eat my breakfast here :ill:

And with that delightful imagery, may I respectfully suggest that any further correspondence on this topic be conducted in private? I'm trying to eat my breakfast here :ill:

:lol: I think we're more than done.

Oh right.. there was a race being discussed in this topic... Yeh.... Koboyashi did well again :) Hopefully get to see him in a competitive car in the future

Oh right.. there was a race being discussed in this topic... Yeh.... Koboyashi did well again :) Hopefully get to see him in a competitive car in the future

Apparently Brundle once said he doesn't think he's doing as well as he could be, which is fair enough when you look at how inconsistent his qualifying performances are, but most of his bad race results are simply down to bad luck like mechanical issues or being caught up in crashes, and he has put in several very impressive performances so far, certainly more than De La Rosa.

So glad I managed to avoid that entire argument! :D

Both Sauber drivers have been unlucky, De La Rosa has been performing just as well as Kobayashi in my opinion. Both have earnt their drives for next year.

Kobayashi has only been caught up in 3 crashes this year if I remember correctly. One was a front wing failure for him and the other was Liuzzi losing it in the wet and taking him and Buemi out.
Only 1 crash was his fault, and that was Canada.
The only driver Kamui has caused to crash was Nakajima at Brazil last year.
His other 3 retirements have been mechanical.
He's scored points in 5 out of the 7 races he has finished this year, and those other two finishes were 11th and 12th.

He's doing a great job, I'd say he's one of the more consistent drivers out there. He has no real weaknesses it seems, his qualifying is fine, his race pace is fine, his starts are usually amazing, he can overtake when it matters...

Certainly I think he has lived up to his initial hype.

Interestingly, Kobayashi has been getting rather good places when he does finish... he definitely deserves a try at a top-tier car. Trade for Liuzzi? :D EDIT: Beaten to the punch.

I've been a fan since last year, and it's nice to know that his potential is showing in this, his first full season.

Koboyashi did well again :) Hopefully get to see him in a competitive car in the future

He needs that Renault seat ASAP, unless the Sauber magically becomes a lightning fast car next year. Kobayashi can probably teach most of the current drivers how to overtake.

I think he's fine at Sauber, they've fixed their rare reliability problems and they are now gaining pace. Lets not forget that they still have most of the resources BMW left them with, so they could quite possibly build another F1.08. Peter has stated that they have secured sponsors for next year I think (BMW have been doing a Honda this year and bank-rolling the team).

I have a suspicion that Sutil is in line for Renault more than anyone else, with the hot seats being Force India. If we take the rumours to be true, Force India could quite possibly have Di Resta and Chandhok as their drivers for 2011! Certainly Liuzzi's seat is not safe.

Well Ardius, the whole Pressure-Nationality thing was stereotyping. Obviously everyone is an individual. They will all be able to cope differently because of their own life experiences, personalities, and even the level of certain chemicals in their bloodstream (So hereditary too). But I think i'll just end that topic on a resounding meh.

Meanwhile: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?groupid=196 :D

He has a flashy website too: www.kamui-kobayashi.com

He's shown himself as one of the better drivers on the grid this season, and is probably my favourite current driver (Since my interest in F1 was rekindled a year or so ago). My favourite so far has been Button... but maybe I was just jumping on the bandwagon, and we always need to follow a driver in the title race otherwise it becomes a bore to watch, because the TV footage follows the title fight mostly.

Well Ardius, the whole Pressure-Nationality thing was stereotyping. Obviously everyone is an individual. They will all be able to cope differently because of their own life experiences, personalities, and even the level of certain chemicals in their bloodstream (So hereditary too). But I think i'll just end that topic on a resounding meh.

You never know... I'm half-Filipino... and Filipinos seem very easily offended... thus... (see last few pages) :lol: (Note: just half, so half-offended).

And, being half-Japanese_German... I have a strange hankering for blubber sausages.

He's shown himself as one of the better drivers on the grid this season, and is probably my favourite current driver (Since my interest in F1 was rekindled a year or so ago). My favourite so far has been Button... but maybe I was just jumping on the bandwagon, and we always need to follow a driver in the title race otherwise it becomes a bore to watch, because the TV footage follows the title fight mostly.

I love Button. Even though he's a current champion and in one of the best cars of the season, he's still an underdog. And he's a loveable underdog, at that... at least he doesn't grate on people's nerves like Vettel and Hamilton do, at times.

I love Button. Even though he's a current champion and in one of the best cars of the season, he's still an underdog. And he's a loveable underdog, at that... at least he doesn't grate on people's nerves like Vettel and Hamilton do, at times.

That's true, Button is a really likeable person and seems like an all-round nice guy. That's probably why he gets on so well with Lewis, where a fiery character like Alonso clashed with him. Webber is another really likeable character, but he's not really an underdog because he's in the fastest car.

I may have jumped onto the bandwagon with Jenson, but i'm not going to jump off it if he doesn't deliver the results because he's become one of my favourites just because of his character. If I was supporting a driver just for speed i'd go with Kubica or Hamilton.

That's true, Button is a really likeable person and seems like an all-round nice guy. That's probably why he gets on so well with Lewis, where a fiery character like Alonso clashed with him. Webber is another really likeable character, but he's not really an underdog because he's in the fastest car.

I may have jumped onto the bandwagon with Jenson, but i'm not going to jump off it if he doesn't deliver the results because he's become one of my favourites just because of his character. If I was supporting a driver just for speed i'd go with Kubica or Hamilton.

I think another factor that makes Button so likeable is that he's arguably one of the smartest drivers on the grid. He doesn't have the pace to go with the best but his decision making is alot better. Not only that, but you hardly see him commit those big mistakes that make you cringe that the others make every now and then (and for vettel every now and.. now). Plus Button's overtaking is absolutly amazing, I couldn't believe how he made all those moves in brazil 09 stick, Definatly a champions drive.

I think another factor that makes Button so likable is that he's arguably one of the smartest drivers on the grid. He doesn't have the pace to go with the best but his decision making is a lot better. Not only that, but you hardly see him commit those big mistakes that make you cringe that the others make every now and then (and for Vettel every now and.. now). Plus Button's overtaking is absolutely amazing, I couldn't believe how he made all those moves in Brazil 09 stick, definitely a champions drive.

Id say some of those moves in Brazil where half in part thanks to the other drivers knowing hes fighting for the title and not doing anything to take him out of the race. But that wasn't the whole case because I remember Button having to really fight to get around Kobayashi who didn't care if it was for 1st or dead last it was his spot and not wanting to give it up to Button. Button really had to pull one out to get past him.

Button is one of the best passers on the grid though no doubt about that.

I think he's fine at Sauber, they've fixed their rare reliability problems and they are now gaining pace. Lets not forget that they still have most of the resources BMW left them with, so they could quite possibly build another F1.08. Peter has stated that they have secured sponsors for next year I think (BMW have been doing a Honda this year and bank-rolling the team).

I have a suspicion that Sutil is in line for Renault more than anyone else, with the hot seats being Force India. If we take the rumours to be true, Force India could quite possibly have Di Resta and Chandhok as their drivers for 2011! Certainly Liuzzi's seat is not safe.

So, Sutil to Renault, Di Resta and Chandkok to Force India, what about Liuzzi? He's not a bad driver, Sutil is just better than him...Ferrari Reserve Driver?

So, Sutil to Renault, Di Resta and Chandkok to Force India, what about Liuzzi? He's not a bad driver, Sutil is just better than him...Ferrari Reserve Driver?

Liuzzi has had several chances in F1 now, I think its fair to say he never lived up to his original hype and is a bit of waste of decent race seat. Some very brief flashes of speed but ultimately a disappointing driver in my opinion. He gets you excited thinking he is going to pull something out after a good race/qualifying (such as 2009 Italian GP) and then completely flops for the rest of the season. He is definitely a tier below Trulli, Panis, Fisichella, Alesi, etc who were all generally average overall but did deliver when it was their time to shine. He's not terrible and he's a worthy candidate for a new or struggling team which needs reliable finishes. But for a midfield team, he's disappointing. If this was his rookie year, I'd say maybe give him some more time to shine, but he is the very example of a driver who has been given a lot of time in F1 and never shone.
If he lost the seat, I doubt anyone would pick him up. Why would Ferrari pick him over Fisichella as test driver?

That all depends on whether or not your last name is Alonso, perhaps Robert should change his name to Robert Alonso.

I honestly think that if Kubica went to Ferrari after Massa's contract ends, that Kubica would outshine Alonso. Alonso would then get very very angry... and then move back to Renault again.

Alonso and Kubica are good friends I believe, so thats not entirely certain. I doubt Kubica is going anywhere in the immediate future though, he is happy at Renault and Renault are certainly happy with him.
It all depends on if Renault keep bringing out decent cars though, as Kubica can appear to lose his patience if they screw up (e.g. BMW 2009).

Robert definitely won't want to give that seat up. Renault is on the warpath right now, and he's having one of his best seasons ever.

Robert definitely won't want to give that seat up. Renault is on the warpath right now, and he's having one of his best seasons ever.

This.

Renault had a stunningly fast car at Spa (Webber couldn't even get close to Kubica even when slipstreaming), and I can't wait to see what they'll do in these last races. I also really hope they'll be in contention for the title again next year. It seems now that Alonso and Piquet are, as well as Briatore, they seem to have managed to develop a great car now that their driver line-up is fresh and the heat has been turned down after that Briatore episode.

I don't understand why so many people are doubting Petrovs seat to be honest, I get the feeling that since Hamilton '07 everyone expects a rookie driver to be competing with more experienced drivers, whatever car they're driving. He has scored in the past 3 races (including 9th from 23rd) and next year I think he will be a consistent mid points finisher assuming he stays at Renault.

There are only doubts over Petrov's seat purely because Renault are trying to break into the top teams and don't have the money to wait on Petrov. They want points scored now so they can beat Mercedes in the constructors. Every race we get comments from Boullier to the effect of "he's doing well but still needs to up his game and become more consistent".

I agree that Petrov has done a fine job in his rookie year, easily better than the previous Renault No.2's (though Kovalainen was better). However, Renault can see better drivers on the market to pair with Kubica and perhaps challenge for the title next year.
For the sake of rookies, I do hope Renault keep him and give him some time. But I can also see that Renault are 50/50 whether they should keep him or grab someone like Sutil or Glock.

Definitely everyone is looking at the points Renault have scored comparing Kubica's tally and then Mercedes. You have to wonder where they would be with a more consistent driver in the second seat.

Petrov is a great driver. This is just his first year, still learning the curve and bits of Formula 1. He might be successful in GP2 but again, GP2 and F1 is no same... Also for sure Renault will not want to give Kubica's seat away. He's a great driver, bright future and lots of potential still to be revealed.

Finger cross, Renault surely is going on a correct direction. They're among the best team on the grid honestly. Look how they were back in 2007, 2008 and 2009... They were a mess. Now look at them, they seem to be very competitive! Their team members seem to be very positive in this, and should be an example to other teams...

I suspect Petrov is paying for his drive at Renault. Maybe his seat for next year is being questioned because he can't afford next year and he needs to be hired because of his skill?

I could be wrong.

I think Sutil should take Petrov's seat. He's proven that he's a good driver, especially in the wet and he's been at Force India too long in my opinion. But then again, they have slowly gotten better as a team and are well established in the midfield now.

Latest Posts

Back