2011 Australian Grand Prix

Overtaking should be considered like a goal in football(soccer). Everytime a genuine overtake happens, it is exciting. We don't want to see people powering past each othe on the straights. It is not exciting and would eliminate the good overtakes where risk is involved.

The DRS is supposed to be there to get the following driver in a position to overtake, not to actually overtake.
And that's exactly what it does. It works on the same principle as the F-duct. Nobody complained about that when McLaren invented it.

Mark Webber is not getting old, he is as fast as Vettel, this smells suspiciously of sabotage to me.
Whenever you make a post about Mark Webber, I'm always reminded of the Seinfeld episode "The Jimmy", obviously due to your username. :lol:

What do you expect from a perfectionist? Mark can come back from this, Mark is strong and wise, Mark won't let Vettel rape him by over half a second in qually again, won't you Mark? Mark is optimistic about the next race in Malaysia. Mark wishes he was there already, Mark now have craving to ride a mountain bike. Mark knows the risks dont you Mark, yes Mark I know I've had a near fatal riding accident, I'm aware of the risks yet Mark will be leaving soon for another bike ride.

Mark Webber is not getting old, he is as fast as Vettel, this smells suspiciously of sabotage to me.

Of course it does, you're a Mark Webber fan. Everybody is getting old it's a law of space time, he's not as quick as vettel judging by his last 4 performances.

Melbourne has generally been one of Webber's weaker tracks, it is understandeable he was a fair bit behind. It can be said that maybe Webber is too far off the pace to be a top driver considering he was in the same Red Bull as Vettel.

I think he'll be pushing Vettel throughout the season as he did last year, we'll see in Malaysia, where Webber was strong last year (And qualified pole).

Why can't people accept that Sebastian Vettel was simply a better driver? Mark Webber was under extraodrinary pressure to win the race because it was his home Grand Prix, a circuit he has never done particularly well at. His media commitments alone are ten times what he would do normally, yet because he struggled he was "clearly" sabotaged.

Stop being a sore loser an accept reality: Mark Webber simply didn't have the edge in Melbourne. Vettel did.

Why can't people accept that Sebastian Vettel was simply a better driver? Mark Webber was under extraodrinary pressure to win the race because it was his home Grand Prix, a circuit he has never done particularly well at. His media commitments alone are ten times what he would do normally, yet because he struggled he was "clearly" sabotaged.

Stop being a sore loser an accept reality: Mark Webber simply didn't have the edge in Melbourne. Vettel did.

God bless you. :lol:

What do you expect from a perfectionist? Mark can come back from this, Mark is strong and wise, Mark won't let Vettel rape him by over half a second in qually again, won't you Mark? Mark is optimistic about the next race in Malaysia. Mark wishes he was there already, Mark now have craving to ride a mountain bike. Mark knows the risks dont you Mark, yes Mark I know I've had a near fatal riding accident, I'm aware of the risks yet Mark will be leaving soon for another bike ride.

I just read this as Mark Webber saying it. I nearly pissed myself laughing at the idea! :D

Mark Webber will bounch back at Malaysia, but Button will win and there will be lots of rain.:D

Ok that last one was pretty obvious.:lol:

I wonder if they knew the repercussions of making the Malaysian race in the afternoon? Because doesn't it rain there every day around four o'clock or something like that? Sure it does make things more exciting but we don't want the race to be stopped like in 2009. Ideally it would be good if the rain came right at the end of the race, so we still get to watch a full race and rain is always exciting :P

I wonder if they knew the repercussions of making the Malaysian race in the afternoon? Because doesn't it rain there every day around four o'clock or something like that?

It hasn't rained in the evening for the last 3 or 4 days including today. Even if it rains, it could be around 4 or 5 o'clock and heavy. Even if it is going to rain, hopefully it won't be that heavy because I'm going there...

It hasn't rained in the evening for the last 3 or 4 days including today. Even if it rains, it could be around 4 or 5 o'clock and heavy. Even if it is going to rain, hopefully it won't be that heavy because I'm going there...

Are you in a covered grandstand by any chance?

Are you in a covered grandstand by any chance?

No, the grandstand ticket is expensive. I'm going to sit on a hill stand, no seat and nothing to cover me from sunlight and rain. But the good thing is, you can hear the car a lot better than sitting on the grandstand (which means I don't even have to wear an earplug!) :)

Well you are a brave man! I do prefer general admission tickets, although the ones at Silverstone sell out so damn fast. Even a wet race is great to watch though because it makes the racing so much more exciting that you don't mind getting a little wet.

Well you are a brave man! I do prefer general admission tickets, although the ones at Silverstone sell out so damn fast. Even a wet race is great to watch though because it makes the racing so much more exciting that you don't mind getting a little wet.

Nothing much of a brave mate. I've done it in 2007 and I know it was hot and humid - very uncomfortable. But the entertainment is there ;)

Wasn't it a dry race last year? It might be a dry race this year too :)

It was dry but it did rain on Saturday. As you know anything can happen this weekend. I could confirm either one of those three days will be raining... And yes it is going to rain today.

They way that rain came down in 2009 though, I would have not liked to have been out in that! Mind you I was outside in Silverstone 2008 and I still really enjoyed that.

It's done on Tuesdays if I recall, but interludes is the semi-official GP thread maker.

interludes is the semi-official GP thread maker.
Well, anyone can do it, really. I just have a fairly detailed - or so I like to think - way of doing them, what with lap records, points tallies, and (new for 2011) weather forecasts and so on. It takes me about half an hour to write one of them up, so I usually have to do them late on Monday nights because I have virtually no time on Tuesdays (I'm on my lunch break right now). I was just a little slow this week because I'm on duty around college and it was a big night (figures ... it was quiet for two weeks and suddenly everything goes wrong ten minutes after I get the duty phone).

...not to mention that Tuesday comes earlier for Interludes than it does for most of us, heh.

Back