2011 German Grand Prix

Here's something to think about. This will be the first time Michael Schumacher has raced at the Ring since retiring, and since the Audi S was renamed Schumacher S in 2007. So has there ever been an F1 driver who has raced on a track or section of track bearing his name?

Pretty sure the answer is no but I have no easy way to confirm that... I dont think Senna raced at Interlagos when it had the Senna S's.

Damon Hill & Josh Hill have raced on Graham Hill Bend at Brands Hatch. As mentioned, Ayrton Senna I'm pretty sure drove his own corner at Interlagos, but even if he didn't, Bruno did.
There are probably a couple more examples.

The Senna S has existed since 1990, but I don't know whether it was called "Senna S" when Senna was racing.

Here's something to think about. This will be the first time Michael Schumacher has raced at the Ring since retiring, and since the Audi S was renamed Schumacher S in 2007. So has there ever been an F1 driver who has raced on a track or section of track bearing his name?

While we're at it, Ralf Schumacher did race at the nurburgring in 2007. Officially the corner is named the Michael Schumacher S(IIRC), so I'm not sure Ralf counts on this one.

Bring back the 'real' Hockenheimring, THAT'S the German GP

(sorry had to)

I miss that track :( Deciding not to use it, I can agree with, but tearing it up? Just...I don't think I could ever agree with that decision.

Bring back the 'real' Hockenheimring, THAT'S the German GP

(sorry had to)

Nothing to apologize for. The new design is really bland. They should've tried to work more with the original long layout. The passing with DRS would've been pretty epic with 4 pretty long straights.

Just found out the blown diffuser limitation has been lifted. There goes Ferrari's possible comeback...

This track is only good when the weather goes mental and spews changeable conditions onto the circuit (2007 stylee).
If a new driver were to win (as talked about earlier), I hope it is Heidfeld. As I have stated in the 2012 driver changes thread, I think he deserves to win, and his home grand prix would be good.

Just found out the blown diffuser limitation has been lifted. There goes Ferrari's possible comeback...

Is that sure?

They are going back to the regulations used in Valencia.

But keep in mind that not only did the off throttle regulations change at Silverstone, but Ferrari brought several important performance upgrades to that race. At this point, it's hard to say what affect it's going to have.

Welcome to last week... :sly:

But seriously, I don't think it will hurt Ferrari very much. Ferrari along with the other teams agreed to go back to the Valencia regs. So obviously they must be confident in the car they have now. Ferrari were competitive at Valencia, and then they made some major upgrades prior to Silverstone. Upgrades that seem to have paid off. I believe it's a little too late for a Ferrari comeback. but I expect them to be very competitive.

Welcome to last week... :sly:

But seriously, I don't think it will hurt Ferrari very much. Ferrari along with the other teams agreed to go back to the Valencia regs. So obviously they must be confident in the car they have now. Ferrari were competitive at Valencia, and then they made some major upgrades prior to Silverstone. Upgrades that seem to have paid off. I believe it's a little too late for a Ferrari comeback. but I expect them to be very competitive.

I'm that far behind? Jesus, I need to read news more often...and on time. :lol:

Ferrari were not far off the pace at Valencia either - they appeared to already have jumped or equalled McLaren there.
I think, as always, its a case of wait and see. Certainly I hope Ferrari have found the pace, an epic championship fightback by Alonso would certainly be great to see at this stage.

McLaren seem to be floundering a bit this season, it started relatively well. Odd considering they prided themselves as the best at developing through the season. Perhaps some of their upgrade ideas are not as they expected this year? Ok, Button won at Canada and its only recently they've fallen off the pace..but they've seemingly lost a lot of time - not just Silverstone but Valencia too was pretty bad.

Not to mention the numerous errors in strategy, drivers, pit stops, etc etc. Its like McLaren have inherited all of Red Bull's errors from the previous two seasons.

It's a shame the rumoured Octo-exhaust that McLaren were developing apparently never made it out of pre-season testing. Would have been pretty cool if they could have pulled it off. Well, before it would have been banned, anyway.

I'm predicting a Red Bull/Vettel Pole and Win.

I'd like to see a driver who hasn't won a race this season win this one.

As far as pure entertainment for one race, I agree. But in the long run, if anyone is going to even have a slim chance at Seb, it needs to be one person, not different people. He's running away with it more and more even after losing, because nobody else has won twice.

The Senna S has existed since 1990, but I don't know whether it was called "Senna S" when Senna was racing.

The S was idealized by Senna himself in 1989, after a major overhaul and a complete change on the circuit layout, the Brazilian GP was brought back from Jacarepagua ( Rio ) to Interlagos again in 1990, hence the name. He did race the esse a lot of times.

Vettel will win comfortably.

201785d1300996196-news-com-au-apple-removes-gay-i-see-what-you-did-there

Finally, its time for my home grand prix, even though I am an American Citizen living in California.

Back